What's new

BAF hopes to achieve Air Superiority with new fighter jets from China

axnp4.jpg

The new J7 for BAF looks great.

but many people dont understand why BAF still buy F7.
the economie of bangladesh is not bad. the GDP of bangladesh has the same level as vietnam. and vietnam are buying Su 30.

According to http://www.airliners.net

Range:

MiG-29SMT - Improved range due to the added conformal fuel tanks. Air-refueling capability, only on newly manufactured a/c. Range is up to 3000km with conformal and external tanks.

F-16 Block 60 - Improved range due to the conformal fuel tanks. Air-refuelling capable. Range without CFT but with external fuel tanks is over 3000km, with CFT, is unknown.

MiG-29SMT (Product 9.17)

An upgrade package of the first-generation MiG-29s (9.12 to 9.13) containing many enhancements intended for the MiG-29M. Additional fuel tanks in a further enlarged spine provide a maximum flight range of 2,100 km (on internal fuel).

Mikoyan MiG-29M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So it's all about flight range or ferry range.

Ferry range means the maximum range the aircraft can fly. This usually means maximum fuel load, optionally with extra fuel tanks and minimum equipment. It refers to transport of aircraft for use on remote location.

Combat range is the maximum range the aircraft can fly when carrying ordnance.

Combat radius is a related measure based on the maximum distance a warplane can travel from its base of operations, accomplish some objective, and return to its original airfield with minimal reserves.

Range (aircraft) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fuel time limit for powered aircraft is fixed by the fuel load and rate of consumption. When all fuel is consumed, the engines stop and the aircraft will lose its propulsion. For unpowered aircraft, the maximum flight time is variable, limited by available daylight hours, weather conditions, and pilot endurance.

axnp4.jpg

the economie of bangladesh is not bad. the GDP of bangladesh has the same level as vietnam. and vietnam are buying Su 30.
Large scale corruption is going on in this procure project.

axnp4.jpg

Bangladesh is going to retire our old F7MBs and A5s. By retiring them, we will have a shortage of combat aeroplanes.

F7BGI are a bought to replace these going to be retired planes.

We are not buying 4+ gen planes yet due to lack of training. We are currently negotiating to buy Yak 130s as trainers. After we buy those trainers only then shall we buy the better planes.

axnp4.jpg

GDP wise BD might be similar to Vietnam but we have way more people to lift out of poverty. High cost planes we can not afford without lot of thought. As other posters have mentioned YAKs are being bought to train fighters for the upcoming planes (not the 16 BGIs)

According to http://www.airliners.net

Range:

MiG-29SMT - Improved range due to the added conformal fuel tanks. Air-refueling capability, only on newly manufactured a/c. Range is up to 3000km with conformal and external tanks.

F-16 Block 60 - Improved range due to the conformal fuel tanks. Air-refuelling capable. Range without CFT but with external fuel tanks is over 3000km, with CFT, is unknown.

I'd pick the Viper over the MiG any day.

GDP wise BD might be similar to Vietnam but we have way more people to lift out of poverty. High cost planes we can not afford without lot of thought. As other posters have mentioned YAKs are being bought to train fighters for the upcoming planes (not the 16 BGIs)

Can't completely agree to the bold part. We can not afford high cost planes in big numbers but we surely can afford couple of them. You see, 16 F-7BGI were bought for a total cost of $240m. If we consider the price of a Mig-29SMT is $30M then with that $240M we can buy 8 Mig-29SMT. Those 8 migs could complete the existing mig sqadron. I think you will agree that having 8 mig-29SMT is way better than having 48 F-7BGI... The F-7BGI is just a waste of taxpayers money.:agree:

You had other options as well: 6 F-16C or 8 J-10 or 5 Su-30MK...:agree:

You see, 16 F-7BGI were bought for a total cost of $240m... The F-7BGI is just a waste of taxpayers money

Who told you we paid $240 million for 16 units of new BGI? Why are you talking like a broken gramophone record that BGI was a mistake and BAF is wasting taxpayers' money without giving any substantial reasons to support your points. Why are you here to propagate against our military forces?

Who told you we paid $240 million for 16 units of new BGI? Why are you talking like a broken gramophone record that BGI was a mistake and BAF is wasting taxpayers' money without giving any substantial reasons to support your points. Why are you here to propagate against our military forces?

I'm just giving in the facts. You will not like it cause it is not like worthy at all. And $240M is also a fact. If you dont believe me then search the net.. you sure will find the actual cost of the F-7BGI. A hint for you is 16 F-7BG were bought for $196M in 2006..

Definetely the F-7BGI procurement was a great mistake. I did already explain why!! In fact we really do not need a stop-gap aircraft. Where did this gap come from. We had like 16 F-7MB in 1998 with some 16 attack aircraft. From 2000 we have 8 Mig-29 flagships with tthat. Since 2006 we have 8 mig-29, 32 F-7MB/BG with 14 attack aircraft.. Now where do you see the GAP that the politicians at filling with the F-7BGI??? I can see we have like 22 fighter more than before... Face the facts man.. its not always sweet but its the fact.:agree:

Zabaniya, what is your avatar up to? It is a very disturbing image. Also very distracting.

Don't tell me you don't know what a Storm Trooper is ? Are you not a Star Wars fan ? :blink: :cry: :hitwall:

For that offense I'm contemplating excommunicating you from the Buttt Fraternity ! :angry:

I'm just giving in the facts. You will not like it cause it is not like worthy at all. And $240M is also a fact. If you dont believe me then search the net.. you sure will find the actual cost of the F-7BGI. A hint for you is 16 F-7BG were bought for $196M in 2006.................................. the F-7BGI??? I can see we have like 22 fighter more than before... Face the facts man.. its not always sweet but its the fact.:agree:

The bold part can't possibly be accurate ! Our F-7PGs had a unit price of about $5 million; granted the BGIs maybe upgraded with better goodies & overall may give better performance but surely it can't go beyond an additional $ 1-2 million increment per unit cost.

A $240 million cost for 16 BGIs would put it, unless my mathematics is wrong, at around $15 million per unit ! That sounds too high to be possible. Add another $5 millionn per unit & you could probably get a second hand F-16 along with an MLU kit for that.

The bold part can't possibly be accurate ! Our F-7PGs had a unit price of about $5 million; granted the BGIs maybe upgraded with better goodies & overall may give better performance but surely it can't go beyond an additional $ 1-2 million increment per unit cost.

A $240 million cost for 16 BGIs would put it, unless my mathematics is wrong, at around $15 million per unit ! That sounds too high to be possible. Add another $5 millionn per unit & you could probably get a second hand F-16 along with an MLU kit for that.

That's exactly what I am saying.. Yeah! I double checked it and the actual cost is $210M that gives you $13.13M per unit. For $20M you would also get Mig-29S brand new.

Can't completely agree to the bold part. We can not afford high cost planes in big numbers but we surely can afford couple of them. You see, 16 F-7BGI were bought for a total cost of $240m. If we consider the price of a Mig-29SMT is $30M then with that $240M we can buy 8 Mig-29SMT. Those 8 migs could complete the existing mig sqadron. I think you will agree that having 8 mig-29SMT is way better than having 48 F-7BGI... The F-7BGI is just a waste of taxpayers money.:agree:

Don't know the specifics but my understanding is that it is not as simple as buying the planes.... You need the whole technical and maintenance setup around it. We have these for the F7 although not for the migs for which we still rely on foreign help. BGIs represented reduced total cost of ownership in the long run....

Are they able to defend our skies are another matter..... On the whole in my uneducated in military matters opinion is they are not a great purchase....I believe in military matters you develop/buy things in line with your threat perception.... I do not see how BGIs do that....

Don't tell me you don't know what a Storm Trooper is ? Are you not a Star Wars fan ? :blink: :cry: :hitwall:

For that offense I'm contemplating excommunicating you from the Buttt Fraternity ! :angry:

I want to appeal! I DO so know what a Storm Trooper is. But if this one is doing what I think he is doing, Zabaniya needs to add more bromide to his stew.

Back
Top Bottom