What's new

BAE reveals £2.7bn weapons, support deals with Riyadh

Yes sir, We did send engineers and technicians to train in the UK, we've also to our own BAE based in KSA.
Does Saudi Arabia had sent there engineers and technicians to UK for getting trained on the production line???

Also does Saudi's opening all types and kinds of R&D facilities within Saudi Arabia where they can do research to bring out commercial and other products on their own???

There are R&D facilities within KSA's MoD.

Yes sir, We did send engineers and technicians to train in the UK, we've also to our own BAE based in KSA.

There are R&D facilities within KSA's MoD.

Like of each kind from Chemical, Bio, Instrumental and other types I am talking about not just wind tunnels that are easy to produce.

@Aeronaut @TheThreePashas @T-123456 @Sinan

Future and potential operators[edit source | editbeta]
According to news reports Azerbaijan,[28] Jordan, Malaysia, Pakistan, South Korea,[29] United Arab Emirates, and the Philippines have shown interest in the T-129.[30]
In 2011, Saudi Arabia asked Turkey to enter a tender to produce attack helicopters for the Saudi Air Force.[31] In July 2012, it was report that the Philippines received an offer from Italy for AgustaWestland attack helicopters (either A129 or T129).[32] In January 2013, a media report stated that South Korea's attack helicopter competition had the T129 in the final three bidders with the Bell AH-1Z Viper and the Boeing AH-64 Apache.[33] However, the AH-64E Apache was chosen in April 2013.[34] Media reports in February 2013 indicated Azerbaijan had ordered 60 T-129 helicopters.[35] However, TAI has said they have no contract with Azerbaijan, and that the unofficial news sources "do not reflect reality."[36]

:sniper:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm telling you man. There's a gap in capabilities in pretty much all Greater Middle Eastern militaries friendly to Turkey. Light-Attack Helicopters. If the T-129 can be sold to these countries, it could send a very strong precedent of regional cooperation out to the rest of the region and then we can talk about big projects.

Jets are the next step, after your princes buy our tanks and T-129s :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling you man. There's a gap in capabilities in pretty much all Greater Middle Eastern militaries friendly to Turkey. Light-Attack Helicopters. If the T-129 can be sold to these countries, it could send a very strong precedent of regional cooperation out to the rest of the region and then we can talk about big projects.

Jets are the next step, after your princes buy our tanks and T-129s :D

:lol: It isn't what you think. What usually happens is that whenever the MoD seeks to add up any military equipment to its inventory, they appoint a committe, which is responsible for evaluation of all considered equipments. If an equipment matches our demands and quality standards, then the committe returns the inquiries to the MoD. Later, the MoD contacts the concerned source which is Trukey in this case to hold talks regarding purchases. In addition, Usually, Turkey shows its willingness to do a ToT with us, that's why KSA moves closer to Turkey when it comes to arms sales. Nothing about the Royality or whatever :D

:lol: It isn't what you think. What usually happens is that whenever the MoD seeks to add up any military equipment to its inventory, they appoint a committe, which is responsible for evaluation of all considered equipments. If an equipment matches our demands and quality standards, then the committe returns the inquiries to the MoD. Later, the MoD contacts the concerned source which is Trukey in this case to hold talks regarding purchases. In addition, Usually, Turkey shows its willingness to do a ToT with us, that's why KSA moves closer to Turkey when it comes to arms sales. Nothing about the Royality or whatever :D

Haha the royalty was a joke. When Turks think Saudis, we usually think Princes :)

Does any political meddling occur in the selection process? Not necessarily like, oh, we should improve our relations with the USA and they're threatening us to buy our weapons but like, would the KSA procurement body decide that cooperation with Turkey on one project may lead to others, unlike with other countries? Or is it a purely battlefield driven choice?

:D IKR?
Haha the royalty was a joke. When Turks think Saudis, we usually think Princes :)

Does any political meddling occur in the selection process? Not necessarily like, oh, we should improve our relations with the USA and they're threatening us to buy our weapons but like, would the KSA procurement body decide that cooperation with Turkey on one project may lead to others, unlike with other countries? Or is it a purely battlefield driven choice?

I'm guessing you're implying that the US would apply a pressure on KSA not to seek weapons from Turkey, right? If so, then I think it's impossible. Our reliance on American-made weapons have been reduced dramatically over the years, and Turkey happens to be an ally to both states. We buy weapons from France, the UK, Pakistan, Turkey, China, and other countries. So again, I hardly think it is possible to the US to do such thing, especially when it comes to Turkey.

We would love to maintain good relations with every ally of ours, throwing Turkey under the bus after signing aplenty of agreements is unacceptable, and I don't think Turkey would do it to KSA either, or the GCC by large.

:D IKR?

I'm guessing you're implying that the US would apply a pressure on KSA not to seek weapons from Turkey, right? If so, then I think it's impossible. Our reliance on American-made weapons have been reduced dramatically over the years, and Turkey happens to be an ally to both states. We buy weapons from France, the UK, Pakistan, Turkey, China, and other countries. So again, I hardly think it is possible to the US to do such thing, especially when it comes to Turkey.

We would love to maintain good relations with every ally of ours, throwing Turkey under the bus after signing aplenty of agreements is unacceptable, and I don't think Turkey would do it to KSA either, or the GCC by large.

No no, I was giving it as an example of political considerations in procurement decisions.

My questions really is, would the procurement body consider the fact that Turkey can become a diplomatically closer ally than the West when considering deciding on Turkish Weapons vs Western Weapons?

Point taken. I highly doubt that the committee is interested into losing its credibility to the MoD, so yeah I hear you.
No no, I was giving it as an example of political considerations in procurement decisions.

My questions really is, would the procurement body consider the fact that Turkey can become a diplomatically closer ally than the West when considering deciding on Turkish Weapons vs Western Weapons?

Good question my fellow. I know friends of mine serving in the RSF, and I was told that the quality of Turkish-made weapons are high overall, maybe that is the reason why KSA chose the Altay over the Abram.

Therefore, I believe strengthening our military ties with Turkey, in terms in weapon arms sales with ToT and so on, aren't just fairly certain, but around the corner.

Maybe the RSF is no longer interested in any other US helicopters than the Apaches they ordered 3 years ago, I don't see any obvious reason why would the US interfere to block a deal between Turkey and KSA. But I agree, perhaps Turkey prefers to facilitate a local production complex within KSA to remain on the safe track.
Beating American heli's in a tender is extremely difficult due to political reasons. Maybe we can overcome this difficulties with ToT and local production.

Back
Top Bottom