What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

no 88 is including these 5...i think

when you got the info from your friend?
He is production manager, and limited to answering my queries. Says he has not got information on latest figures and asked me to send an E-Mail to ISPR's website. I did as he said three days ago and awaiting reply. He is the producer of Defense Day Show, Yaum-e-Shauhadah Show and Glorious Resolve.

He is production manager, and limited to answering my queries. Says he has not got information on latest figures and asked me to send an E-Mail to ISPR's website. I did as he said three days ago and awaiting reply. He is the producer of Defense Day Show, Yaum-e-Shauhadah Show and Glorious Resolve.

I have kept track of each and every news that came in the public domain since the disaster..
according to all those news reports the latest figure adds up to 88..
But an insider may have better more accurate figures.

I have kept track of each and every news that came in the public domain since the disaster..
according to all those news reports the latest figure adds up to 88..
But an insider may have better more accurate figures.

I believe this latest news, which you posted, was acted upon my request, as there was hardly any news on Gyari sector since weeks. And I don't have any 'inside figures' sorry. :)

I believe this latest news, which you posted, was acted upon my request, as there was hardly any news on Gyari sector since weeks. And I don't have any 'inside figures' sorry. :)

so this may not be the latest news?
ISPR are being lousy and not dong their job if thats the case.
and good if you pushed them,you need to keep pushing them.

The weather will be turning quite harsh pretty soon, if not already, at that altitude.

The total number of bodies found stands at 88 for now,..
That means 51 remaining?

I admire the resolve of the recovery team, but at what point does this become desecration of the buried and not recovery?

It depends on the relatives probably,and the conditions.
The site is like a morgue,dead bodies are preserved in the ice and the nature wont claim the bodies for several yers due to the frigid conditions and the bodies will remain preserved enough to be relocated to a propper burial.
In addition to that,a glacier being a dynamic body will spew out the bodies at some point and declaring a glacier a burial ground may not be appropriate.

I admire the resolve of the recovery team, but at what point does this become desecration of the buried and not recovery?

These brave sons of the land did not get proper burial in an islamic way. Recoveringtheir bodies and giving a proper burial would in a way be our last respects for their sacrifises.

These brave sons of the land did not get proper burial in an islamic way. Recoveringtheir bodies and giving a proper burial would in a way be our last respects for their sacrifises.

I think that, as Safriz points out above, the wishes of the families should be sought out and respected. After all, there are many soldiers whose remains are not recovered, but are remembered and revered nonetheless.

Perhaps Cheng was taking the example of ships and subs sunk at sea.They are declared burial grounds as nature gets to work immediately,and there is not much point in recovering bones..
But same is not true about a glacier.

Back
Top Bottom