Tameem

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Attempt to whitewash PTI newcomers fails

Umar Cheema
Friday, January 20, 2012
ISLAMABAD: As Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is on a recruiting spree welcoming the doyens of establishment, a resolution moved by the party’s old guards to ‘baptize’ the tainted entrants has been rejected by none other than the top leadership, that resulted in rising resentment among die-hard workers.

Imran Khan-led PTI has accepted political heavyweights in bulk, majority of them constituting the lot of people who found space shrinking for them elsewhere. Although their decision of joining has given a boost to the PTI, the political baggage they carry along is something hard to defend within and outside the party.

In the Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting held late Saturday, an attempt to wash their dirty lines through a resolution brought such people under a huge embarrassment forcing Imran Khan to bail them out, said the insiders.

The PTI’s veterans who have been with Imran though thick and thin moved a resolution “in order for there to be reconciliation between the pre-Lahore jalsa and post-Lahore jalsa entrants in the party.”

Moved by Ali Zaidi, an old guard, the resolution carrying signatures of around 15 members of the CEC was read by Dr Shireen Mazari, a journalist-turned-politician. When contacted PTI Secretary Information Shafqat Mehmood confirmed the resolution was read. But he argued it was not only rejected by Imran Khan, also by the entire CEC.

However, discussion with three different attendants of CEC meeting revealed

that soon after the reading was done, Imran Khan said ‘I reject it.’ Even the movers of the resolution who stood up to speak were not granted audience, let alone allowing a debate over it.

The three-point resolution demanded of the new entrants to “immediately admit that their posturing was wrong,” the ones who had previously supported “public positions, or carried out policies, while in power, contrary to the PTI’s ideology/stated policy.” And they must now “concede that PTI’s positing is correct.”

As the resolution was being read, the erstwhile members of Pervaiz Musharraf/PPP cabinet and the likes of Shafqat Mehmood who had been attacking Imran’s positions terming him a ‘signal failure’, were in attendance, finding themselves in a close alley. The next point was directed at the entrants like Shah Mehmood Qureshi who has been made party’s vice chairman and head of scrutiny committee. “Take a vote of confidence from the CEC,” urged the resolution, before being allotted any portfolio in the party and “in case such has been done, then ratification must be sought from the CEC in accordance with the Party’s Constitution.”

The resolution was also directed at the persons like Sardar Assef Ahmed who played a dirty role in blocking a bid to verify the graduation degrees of the lawmakers being education minister and had also thwarted an attempt to investigate the case of Farah Dogar, daughter of Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar given extra-marks for admission in a medical college.

“If there are public allegations of any alleged misconduct — financial or otherwise — they must explain to the CEC the circumstances in which these allegations arose,” said the resolution, a copy of that is available with The News. This is extremely important not only to gain the trust of the party workers, resolution notes, but also to “allow the party’s representatives to defend them forcefully on the media and in other forums. This will bolster the public perception of the Party.”

As the reading was done, nobody stood up to oppose but Imran Khan. “The resolution stands rejected,” he said, explaining that he did not want to cause any embarrassment to the new comers. The acceptance of the tainted and test individuals into the party has generated a resentment of greater magnitude.

The PTI has been converted into a party of “Makhdooms, Legharis, Waderas, looters, turncoats and timeservers,” said Akhtar Iqbal Dar, a disgruntled office-bearer, addressing a press conference in Lahore the other day.

Attempt to whitewash PTI newcomers fails

Shame On the Slogan of Change..!!:tdown:

this is reality, rural pakistan doesnt have education nawaz and zardaris kept them uneducated, 70% of pakistan's population lives in rural areas, only way to get votes from there is to support their local representatives, people there not gonna vote for a new face, so old faces need there, imran can find new faces in urban and comparatively more aware areas

i supported MQM not im gonna ote for imran, but if imran fails, i would again go for MQM or i would support idea for a students party which can bring some change

this is reality, rural pakistan doesnt have education nawaz and zardaris kept them uneducated, 70% of pakistan's population lives in rural areas, only way to get votes from there is to support their local representatives, people there not gonna vote for a new face, so old faces need there, imran can find new faces in urban and comparatively more aware areas

i supported MQM not im gonna ote for imran, but if imran fails, i would again go for MQM or i would support idea for a students party which can bring some change
nawaz and zardaris kept them uneducated form 65 years
Lol_Gifs_23.gif

that soon after the reading was done, Imran Khan said ‘I reject it.’ Even the movers of the resolution who stood up to speak were not granted audience, let alone allowing a debate over it.

This is were a Leader is the weakest !! Dont be hardcore to your family, like you are to your opponents.

This is really bad that CEC is not being strengthen by Imran Khan, If we compare Jinnah's strategy he played his CEC card most effectively, when Partition plan was rejected, he said okay- "I step aside from presidency, you choose your leader". but leaguers shouted No No No...

It is exactly the opposite in PTI, IK has not learned so far the stronger the CEC, especially the old guard, the stronger the Party, and the strongest the Imran Khan.

This is were a Leader is the weakest !! Dont be hardcore to your family, like you are to your opponents.

This is really bad that CEC is not being strengthen by Imran Khan, If we compare Jinnah's strategy he played his CEC card most effectively, when Partition plan was rejected, he said okay- "I step aside from presidency, you choose your leader". but leaguers shouted No No No...

It is exactly the opposite in PTI, IK has not learned so far the stronger the CEC, especially the old guard, the stronger the Party, and the strongest the Imran Khan.

Leader! Do you know how many members are their in PTI’s CEC?

It seems Dr. Shirin Mizari & her 15 member associates are hell bent on to stand against …………. while at the same time remaining to party faithful, which should be welcomed by everyone as a good democratic gesture and a sound way forwards.

However, I don’t think this matter will die down so easily for either end; Lets hope for the best.

Author 'Umar cheema' ?

Did Umar Cheema leave PTI? or this is some other Umar Cheema? Please answer....

simple answer when you are speechless :P

The Election Commission of Pakistan, Punjab, on Friday registered cases against five female Members of Punjab Assembly, including four of the PML-N for holding bogus degrees.

Five women MPAs booked over bogus degrees

this kind of news also make PML-N supporters speechless. How many bogus certificate members have been found in your party? Forgot your famous Haji case? So you will bring reform in country with fake degree Holders. OH MY LORD.
So much honest and pious are PML-N.

^^^ let's not derail the thread into a PML-N flam war. The allegations and arguments given in the article (if true) are quite serious, and PTI needs to come up with an explanation of why this has been allowed, and why the old-horses in PTI has been put a side when it comes to serious party matters. PTI seems to be an opportunists club now with all these new faces.

I personally don't like any new face in PTI, we'll have to see when the elections are announced and who gets the ticket.

The News is a pro PML-N paper and where a resolution may have failed, the dramatic "I reject it" type things may be the imaginations of a soap opera inspired storyteller.

With no other source, except for a pro PML-N source reporting this incident, you can guess on the credibility of this "news".

Author 'Umar cheema' ?

Did Umar Cheema leave PTI? or this is some other Umar Cheema? Please answer....

It's the UMAR CHEEMA. Investigator reporter of The NEWS (English version of Jang).

Men in police uniforms abduct and beat Pakistani journalist

New York, September 8, 2010--The Committee to Protect Journalists calls on the Pakistani government to thoroughly investigate the kidnapping and beating of Umar Cheema, a correspondent of the English-language daily The News in Islamabad. Men in police uniforms seized Cheema while he was driving in a suburb of Islamabad on Saturday, according to local and international media reports.
The well-known political reporter was held captive for more than six hours. He was dropped, bound, near his car, where he had been picked up earlier. His abductors told him to stop writing articles critical of the government, Cheema told several Pakistani papers and television stations after his release. Some reports said his captors mentioned other media outlets whose reporters would meet the same fate as Cheema.

The News published an account of what happened. "I was held in illegal captivity for six hours during which I was continuously tortured and humiliated in the nude," he said. "They stripped me out of my clothes, hung me upside down and shaved off my head and moustaches." The paper also listed stories he had written in recent months that were critical of the government.

Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani called Cheema to assure him the attack would be investigated.

"Pakistan's record of bringing those who would beat or kill journalists to justice is abysmal," said Bob Dietz, CPJ's Asia program coordinator. "We ask that the prime minister's promise be carried out, and that those who tortured and sought to humiliate Umar Cheema are brought to justice. This must not become another attack that passes without consequences in Pakistan."

Pakistani authorities, including the prime minister, have told Cheema and the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists that the government played no part in his abduction, according to the union.

In a widely reprinted editorial, the English-language daily Dawn said: "No half-hearted police measures or words of consolation from the highest offices in the land will suffice in the aftermath of the brutal treatment meted out to journalist Umar Cheema of The News. This paper's stand is clear: the government and its intelligence agencies will be considered guilty until they can prove their innocence."

Men in police uniforms abduct and beat Pakistani journalist - Committee to Protect Journalists

Leader! Do you know how many members are their in PTI’s CEC?

It seems Dr. Shirin Mizari & her 15 member associates are hell bent on to stand against …………. while at the same time remaining to party faithful, which should be welcomed by everyone as a good democratic gesture and a sound way forwards.

However, I don’t think this matter will die down so easily for either end; Lets hope for the best.

here I believe the attitude was wrong, let there be debate on it, and work out on solution, ask if voluntarily one feels being wrong, let there be a verbal exchange of heart, rather than a issue of ego, or as the situation has developed old guard vs new entrants.

This must not happen, we have invested alot in this... I dont want to live a life of disappointment, I want to move one step ahead from this so that I can give my upcoming generation a place to stand, where they can dream "Sitaro say agay jahaan or bhi hain"

Back
Top Bottom