What's new

Attack Myanmar Terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.

flameboard

Reaction score
The Rohingya are the most persecuted people in the world. They live in Mayanmar (a.k.a. Burma) and are helpless. Although they have become victims of genocide, the UN has done very little to stop the organized, killing and raping of innocent people. The Rohingya have nowhere to go and not many countries are stepping up to help out. This is trypically where UN missions start but there are none!

The Rohingya are also Muslim which plays into why they're persecuted.

The Muslims of the world and Muslims countries of the world have a responsibility to at least be involved in peace-keeping missions. There needs to be a physical presence. Muslims have a religious duty to look out for each other.

Shouldn't citizens of the muslim world be pushing their governments to act or go and stop it physically?

There's the Arab League and other muslims countries like Pakistan and Indonesia. Maybe what's required is a "NATO type" move to put an end to this. Such as the one displayed in Libya recently.

Could anyone tell me why others are not thinking this way and why the heavily militarized Muslim countries of the world won't even send over a warship to establish a presence, or maybe place sanctions, because the military and police are also involved in the persecution.

Mayanmar (Burma) is also not letting in observers force may be required to accomplish this.

The world needs to know that Muslims are united against evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfC0aJwZjFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTU1ZSxymc

The last pic is from Africa dude, its been used to death by anti-Muslim haters to show an alleged "genocide" of Christians by Muslims (Typical sneaky rat-like behaviour on their part). It actually is the aftermath of an accident when a gas tanker fell over and caught fire. I don't think you should be using a fake picture.

And anyway, the esteemed human-rights loving secular Indians who are "inclusive" of all faiths will soon jump you and condemn Muslims for "playing the victim". They'll tell you that all those killed are "terrorists"

Such is the state of the world today.

Ok false pic removed**

To those who might says Muslims are playing victim should see that the UN recognizes them as the world's most persecuted people. But that's not what I'm talking about here I'm talking about a move to stop violence PERIOD!

0.jpg

**Pic Removed**

Talks are going on in Mecca I read today. Some states are lobbying for bringing down the hammer on Myanmar while others are seeking a more diplomatic approach because they claim the Burmese are willing to punish the murderers.

Sometimes a picture tells a (thousand) story(s) but sometimes words alone is all it need to send a message. No need to be too graphic here.

Sometimes a picture tells a (thousand) story(s) but sometimes words alone is all it need to send a message. No need to be too graphic here.

I was wondering whether I should or not. But I decided to go for it to stress the seriousness of the situation. People shouldn't hide behind censorship this is what some people see everyday. If everyone in the world saw such pics the world wouldn't be so ignorant.

That body picture is disgusting , how can humans do these to humans.

I wonder why a muslim cause is being championed with fake images
It is usually how it works.

I do feel bad for these people, no one cares much about them. But that hardly stops Muslims from blaming the white West for not doing enough to save these people. After all, it's their responsibility.

Of course, there are conflicts of interests going on here. Burma has friends you don't want to tick off, even if they are killing Muslims(Terrorists, when the US is not the one doing the killing)... And suddenly Muslim nations turn a blind eye, too busy saving other Muslims somewhere else or driving gold Ferraris.

There was 1 fake image it has been removed... There are fake images on the internet... and they make their way around. That's just the reality of things.

But what's being stressed here is that everyone agrees things are not going well, and that's why I'm asking why isn't anyone doing anything to stop it.

I was wondering whether I should or not. But I decided to go for it to stress the seriousness of the situation. People shouldn't hide behind censorship this is what some people see everyday. If everyone in the world saw such pics the world wouldn't be so ignorant.
That picture with hundreds dead is certainly fake.
We dont know the casuality figures, I dont think it will go beyond 30/40. Even then it is condemnable because govt forces supported it (not because the casuality was predominantly muslims)

That picture with hundreds dead is certainly fake.
We dont know the casuality figures, I dont think it will go beyond 30/40. Even then it is condemnable because govt forces supported it (not because the casuality was predominantly muslims)

I do not know about the numbers so I will not pass judgement in that regard but you know there is a problem when the President of said state instead of doing damage control goes out and blames the victims. Not only that but he also suggests they should all be removed from their homes asking the UN to take them all in as refugees. Despicable...

There are indeed false pics out there on the internet. Some people might believe the end justifies the means. If you see a false pic on here I will gladly remove it.

and like KingMambaa93 this problem is recognized by the heads of Myanmar government, especially when a lot of them make hateful comments towards the Rohingya

Don't forget the images already on here that are real, and If you want I can find more images...

In Burma, violence against Muslim minority stumbles into the spotlight

A fake photo that went viral online has drawn attention to the genuine plight of the Rohingya Muslims refugees in Burma

Firemen work to extinguish fire during fighting between Buddhist Rakhine and Muslim Rohingya communities in Sittwe, northwest Myanmar. Photograph: Reuters

A few weeks ago, a picture showing hundreds of dark-skinned men splayed across a beach was passed around on Facebook. The men appeared to be either asleep, or more likely, dead. They lay against each other, their faces averted from the camera, while men in fatigues holding semi-automatic weapons towered over them. The caption read: "Continuity of massacre of Muslims of Burma by Buddhists. More than 1,000 killed yesterday. Please share."

After some probing, the photograph turned out to be a fake. But all fabrications aside, there actually is a bona fide crisis unfolding along the Burma and Bangladesh border – despite the poppycock on social media, the sham did raise questions that traditional media have largely ignored.

Violence between Buddhists and Rohingya Muslims in Burma's Rakhine region erupted in June after the alleged rape and murder of a Buddhist girl by Muslim men. The scale of violence has led to scores of deaths and the mass displacement of tens of thousands of people. After a state of emergency was declared in the province, the entry of Burma's security forces lent another dimension to this conflict. Amnesty International said in early August that Rakhine Buddhists, together with security forces, purposefully meted out devastating violence against the Muslim minority.

This violence is only the latest chapter in a long history of state-sponsored repression against the Rohingya. It began when Burma began its project of "Burmanisation" in the 1950s, with its lofty aims for racial purity and the nationalisation of resources following the end of British rule. The minority was targeted in pogroms in 1978, stripped of their citizenship in 1982 and became the perfect foil for rampant human rights abuse, including slave labour and torture, that led to a second exodus into Bangladesh in 1991-1992.

But not only are the Rohingya a disenfranchised people, they are dark-skinned Muslims with little relevance, representation and significance to anyone. Unable to deal with a matter the much-vaunted Nobel peace laureate Aung San Suu Kyi has not endorsed, the western world has tiptoed around the issue. Aung San Suu Kyi's silence is evidently an attempt to placate her constituency ahead of general elections in 2015, and to criticise her now would be like admonishing Nelson Mandela in the run-up to the 1994 election in South Africa. But unlike South Africa in the 1990s, Burma is not on the verge of some tremendous political shakeup; while the Rohingya are being sacrificed as collateral damage in the greater project of the democratisation of Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi is missing an extraordinary opportunity to live up to her reputation.

Meanwhile, in that parallel universe known as the "Muslim world", the Rohingyas have joined Palestine, Kashmir, Iraq and Afghanistan on the list of flagship Muslim causes. In a region that is home to the world's greatest concentration of Muslims, the delayed reaction of neighbouring Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei is startling. Last week, Bangladesh, another Muslim country, ordered three NGOs to stop providing food and other humanitarian assistance to Rohingyas in the border area, claiming it did not want to encourage more asylum seekers to its shores. Already 40,000 unregistered Rohingyas live in makeshift camps in Bangladesh, and according to the UN Refugee Agency, the latest violence will result in a greater influx of people – whether Bangladesh likes it or not.

While Burma's Muslim neighbours struggle to respond, Saudi Arabia has thrown money at the problem. It has fallen to Turkey to act decisively by further extending its newly found benevolence to the Islamic world. As images of the Turkish prime minister's wife sobbing as she witnessed the effects of the violence herself begin to be passed around online – further cementing the Rohingya cause to the long list of Muslims' suffering – Muslim prayers have bemoaned the global silence as proof of the grand conspiracy against Islam. And yet little is being done by Muslims to actually reverse the treatment of their purported brethren themselves.

It all makes for a rather disempowering picture, but it doesn't have to. Given how fast a fake picture can spread its way across the world, imagine what we could do with a little engagement.

In Burma, violence against Muslim minority stumbles into the spotlight | Azad Essa | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom