What's new

Atheist faces jail after Facebook remark

do you know for sure what those people have done? "innocent" is a easy word to say... i have a lot of family members who take drugs.

you need to know that god has given us the brain cells to think. you have feelings and you are more than capable of thinking. when someone kills he has the choice to leave, wich god has given him.

just to tell you... i have lived without technology for 3 weeks while i was in Turkey!

you know those terrorists you talk about are idiots. it's like talking to someone who cant hear. you as a human have the capability to choose, and that is what god has given you.

just because you can bomb doesn't mean you can. and yes, i have been cured from diseases by praying to my god.

you dont have to believe, but dont come here and say religion is stupid and is one of the biggest reasons there is war today and blah blah.

atheists have stood for more destruction and war this last century than religious people!
Okey fine. How about you keep believing in God and atheists dont, and you promise not to kill atheists. Deal?

Wow! Whats next, when people say there is no god but their god, its blasphemous to other religions too? Oh sorry, only one religion says there is no force in religion, wink wink!

Okey fine. How about you keep believing in God and atheists dont, and you promise not to kill atheists. Deal?

i kill atheists?!?! :undecided:

this guy was beaten, and i agree it was wrong. what i also agree on is that he did something the law in Indonesia doesn't allow him. so risking jail is only his own fault!

The guy sounds like an aggressive atheist who must enjoy spending his life hating something he believes doesn't exist, A bit like Richard Dawkins. If he had a brain he would have stayed quiet in the police interview instead of trying to justify his intentional hatred of religion. These kind of characters stir up animosity and then blame the religious people for being extremists.

Jail will do him good and give a message to society that in a nation which is almost all religious going around spreading hatred of religion won't be tolerated.

The guy sounds like an aggressive atheist who must enjoy spending his life hating something he believes doesn't exist, A bit like Richard Dawkins. If he had a brain he would have stayed quiet in the police interview instead of trying to justify his intentional hatred of religion. These kind of characters stir up animosity and then blame the religious people for being extremists.

Jail will do him good and give a message to society that in a nation which is almost all religious going around spreading hatred of religion won't be tolerated.

What is wrong with atheists spreading their word. Many people try to do that, I usually get stopped by greenpeace activists who try to aggressively spread awareness.
I have seen people distributing leaflets about atrocities in israel, flood in pakistan etc etc.
Many muslims put stalls in open places trying to convince passerby.
I have been stopped countless times on road, just to be told "Jesus loves you" and handed down a leaflet.

What is wrong with atheists spreading their word. Many people try to do that, I usually get stopped by greenpeace activists who try to aggressively spread awareness.
I have seen people distributing leaflets about atrocities in israel, flood in pakistan etc etc.
Many muslims put stalls in open places trying to convince passerby.
I have been stopped countless times on road, just to be told "Jesus loves you" and handed down a leaflet.

There is a difference between 'spreading the word' and purposely insulting the majority of the population. The guy has obviously done more than just writing 'God doesn't exist' on facebook.

Sir, you are an extremist when you write things like this.

I suppose you want me to guess why you think this?

No, I think it is reasonable obviously why I write it. To throw a man in jail just because he has a different faith or lack thereof, would or should be unthinkable in every free society.

No, I think it is reasonable obviously why I write it. To throw a man in jail just because he has a different faith or lack thereof, would or should be unthinkable in every free society.

Of course but you're not getting the point. There are those who have their views and there are those who want to attack others with their views in order to cause a stir deliberately and cause unrest. The Indonesian atheists themselves say its good to be outspoken. When the majority of people find the views insulting and there are laws against concerted efforts to cause offence to the religion of the land they should know better.

Indonesian Atheists | an online community of indonesian non-believers

In some nations it's an offence to deny the holocaust. In those nations if someone was to be outspoken against Judaism they would also face the possibility imprisonment.

When you have many educated muslims from middle class families posting on defence.pk, supporting a jail sentence for an "aggressive atheist" (whatever that means), then it's no surprise their original country is in a mess tolerance wise where the general population is a lot less educated and a lot more poor.

It may take decades for society to turn more secular but the rise of education, globalisation and the internet will ensure a more tolerant Pakistan (and other "muslim" countries) in the future...hopefully. Until then, unfortunately, it seems that non-believers will have to keep their mouth shut or face persecution and/or jail. :)

When you have many educated muslims from middle class families posting on defence.pk, supporting a jail sentence for an "aggressive atheist" (whatever that means), then it's no surprise their original country is in a mess tolerance wise where the general population is a lot less educated and a lot more poor.

It may take decades for society to turn more secular but the rise of education, globalisation and the internet will ensure a more tolerant Pakistan (and other "muslim" countries) in the future...hopefully. Until then, unfortunately, it seems that non-believers will have to keep their mouth shut or face persecution and/or jail. :)

This is putting 2+2 together and coming up with 50.

Every nation has laws and varied ideals of what is required for a harmonious society. If the vast majority of that nation want laws which will stop atheists abusing their religion on purpose in a controlled way then it's up to them. It's actually democratic.

The term known today is 'militant atheism'. We have seen famous atheists writing books titled 'The God Delusion' insinuating those who believe in God are delusional. There are many more examples of this type of atheists going out of their way to deliberately cause offence.

At some point in life muslims do get deprived of religion and some do adapt a more materialistic approach that Allah doesnt exist. Apparently there is an idiot muslim on this forum too whose name literally translates into:
Part1: non believer in god or no Allah
Part2: submission to Allah

It is entirely a personal matter and should be kept to themselves but as soon as it gets in public domain, you start offending people and leave the field open: SH*T HAPPENS WHEN IT SHOULDNT...

May Allah please forgive me if I have transgressed...

This is putting 2+2 together and coming up with 50.

Every nation has laws and varied ideals of what is required for a harmonious society. If the vast majority of that nation want laws which will stop atheists abusing their religion on purpose in a controlled way then it's up to them. It's actually democratic.

The term known today is 'militant atheism'. We have seen famous atheists writing books titled 'The God Delusion' insinuating those who believe in God are delusional. There are many more examples of this type of atheists going out of their way to deliberately cause offence.
The saner way to counter militant atheist is to write a book called "belief in god is not delusion" or something like that, not to beat or kill the guy.
Did the militant atheist use force to buy his book or believe his ideas.
Why do you want the atheist to be in the closet. What is wrong in saying there is no God outside. I am equally offended when people discuss existence of god.
I agree with the law part, if it is against law, the guy knows he was doing unlawful, hence will be punished.
That does not mean general public should beat him.(And some educated people defend such act)

People should be beaten up,jailed or killed(in extreme cases) for believing in god :woot:

Back
Top Bottom