What's new

At what point do the gov of pakistan say stop to profiling on airports

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
While its not a major issue realted to gov , but anyone who is any one who has travelled , must have lost time , and money while travelling so called countries

So I want to open a debt , exactly what is our gov response?

a) They already give out all financial info on our banks and
account holders to US/other nations

b) All the nationals traveling across or who have been born
in subcontinent routinely gets stopped at borders 20 min to 2
hours
c) Ocassionally missing important flights o interviews/business
transacations
d) Now I hear about gov selling farming land to Saudis ?

So how come our beloved gov does not make a solid stance ? At what point is the gov going to stand up to citizens of Pakistan?

On the other hand other nations embassies and workers come in illegeally in Pakistan bring in illegal weapons, and routinely abduct people?

@ what point ... I mean 9/11 is history 10 year old story its time for out gov to stop begging for money and start doing whats right for its citizens -

Don't we all feel a bit annoyed at all the delays at borders?

Mean while ... locally cities like Los Angeles and other cities post some of the highest ... homocide rates in civilized , countries, yet you can see a junkie , with tattoes and 100% maniac go thru the airport and you see , Pakistani youth or families stuck on airport ?

:coffee: I think the gov needs to have some initiative -

These so called security checks , make you wait in line with 200 normal travellers, and when your turn comes in , you are taken to a room for 20-30 min

For morning business flights , you can forget about reaching interviews/business meetings on time.

Not even ladies who are pregnent are exempt from being held in these areas.

The VIP or the , Politicians may not have realized it since they probbly have special protocal to go thru in 4-5 min in airport check, but for rest of Pakistanis this means 4-5 hours trips to airports even if you never even had parking ticket

Mean while like I said , a manic, child abuser , may go to thiland , do his thing , travel to europe do his thing and safely come back to US or europe no questions asked.

Most cities in US/Europe have more people dieing from gang related attacks, or killing then anyone from Asia coming in and doing anything ...

I mean just go do research on crime rate, violent attacks and most of these big US cities have crime rates so high you can't even travel at night after 8 pm on streets from fear of being mugged.....

Every night in US streets you hear a heli copter chasing a gang member or brutal killings , homocides, so my question is how come these killers are never stopped at borders, someone who may have a record in jail while as soon as some one asian comes in ... off you go to the ... waiting room

So the question is simple

WHAT exactly is our gov doing to resolve the matter ? Every time I hear a news about the whole Kashkol and bheek mongering ...

Sharam anai chahiye... begging for money from these countries -

Last edited:
personally i havent had this problem. the last time i flew out of los angeles, they were busy making the indian aunty and uncle in front of me do a lot of opening through their carry on and then taken away into a cabin. :D

us pakistanis look more naturally western and fair thankfully, and we don't have to be humiliated like the indians at airports.

Only happens when you are comin into europe/us normally no one is asked when going out of US is same as riding a bus you ride it out

Well the solution is at a diplomatic level - unfortunately our gov is too busy holding a beggar's kashkol in their hand , every time US throws a few dimes. We do a monkey dance and ask , how long sire?

I for one am sick of this treatment at borders - and gov should think about putting that in Kerry Lugar bill to stop the bull crap at airports

I mean even with the new NADRA initiatives, and other solid stuff done on ground its just a hassle to go thru the shitty checks on airport - totally pisses me off :rolleyes:

The most strangest was when I saw some pregnent women in the lounge room , I was like talk about stupidity ..

Every time I leave these lounges I feel more and more convinced that there is no sense of rule or logic

You sit there while the immigration waves on 30-40 passengers behind you with out even a check , and you have to sit there for good 40 min .. and thats when you are in full business attire.

:pop:

Last edited:
personally i havent had this problem. the last time i flew out of los angeles, they were busy making the indian aunty and uncle in front of me do a lot of opening through their carry on and then taken away into a cabin. :D

us pakistanis look more naturally western and fair thankfully, and we don't have to be humiliated like the indians at airports.

By your logic I should see lines of black people (African Americans) being frisked all the time. I bet it feels so good to be "so fair" as not to be humiliated like the dark Indians (aka Shah Rukh Khan). Then why is your compatriot complaining of the " nice treatment" your fellow citizens get.

While its not a major issue realted to gov , but anyone who is any one who has travelled , must have lost time , and money while travelling so called countries

So I want to open a debt , exactly what is our gov response?

a) They already give out all financial info on our banks and
account holders to US/other nations-

I am not sure what you mean here.

b) All the nationals traveling across or who have been born
in subcontinent routinely gets stopped at borders 20 min to 2
hours
c) Ocassionally missing important flights o interviews/business
transacations
This is travel today, if you don't like it, don't travel, or go only to countries where they take one look at your passport and roll out the red carpet.

So how come our beloved gov does not make a solid stance ? At what point is the gov going to stand up to citizens of Pakistan?

Please give some suggestions of what you would like your gov to do, what kind of "solid stance".

On the other hand other nations embassies and workers come in illegeally in Pakistan bring in illegal weapons, and routinely abduct people?

Your country your rules. If you don't like what done , change the rules.

@ what point ... I mean 9/11 is history 10 year old story its time for out gov to stop begging for money and start doing whats right for its citizens -

9/11 may be a 10 year old story, and one day will be a 100 year old story, but we will never forget and things will never go back to the way they were before .

Don't we all feel a bit annoyed at all the delays at borders?

Mean while ... locally cities like Los Angeles and other cities post some of the highest ... homocide rates in civilized , countries, yet you can see a junkie , with tattoes and 100% maniac go thru the airport and you see , Pakistani youth or families stuck on airport ?

I am not sure where you got the stats on homicide rates, unless you are pulling them out of your ***, please post a link. I don't know how you can identify a junkie, i sure cannot. I did not know tattooes were a requirement for blowing up planes. Who are these 100% maniacs you see in the airport. I would be more sacred of someone with a long beard and a skullcap and a prayer rug (I don't mean a Hasidic Jew) than I would of someone with tattooes.

These so called security checks , make you wait in line with 200 normal travellers, and when your turn comes in , you are taken to a room for 20-30 min

For morning business flights , you can forget about reaching interviews/business meetings on time.

Not even ladies who are pregnent are exempt from being held in these areas.

The VIP or the , Politicians may not have realized it since they probbly have special protocal to go thru in 4-5 min in airport check, but for rest of Pakistanis this means 4-5 hours trips to airports even if you never even had parking ticket

Mean while like I said , a manic, child abuser , may go to thiland , do his thing , travel to europe do his thing and safely come back to US or europe no questions asked.

You have amazing skills at identifying maniacs, and child abusers by looking at them. The TSA (Transportation Security Administration) role is to prevent shoe bombers, liquid mix bombers, chappati atta bombers etc from getting on the plane, not to harass people with tattooes or those who look a little different. There are other agencies who deal with child abusers and pedophiles. It is because the the government wants to be PC (politically correct) that they pull pregnant women to the side. I would prefer them to profile and focus on those who have the greatest chance of doing us harm. In that case you know who all would be line..........and being western looking and fair skinned would not cut it.

Most cities in US/Europe have more people dieing from gang related attacks, or killing then anyone from Asia coming in and doing anything ...

I mean just go do research on crime rate, violent attacks and most of these big US cities have crime rates so high you can't even travel at night after 8 pm on streets from fear of being mugged.....

Every night in US streets you hear a heli copter chasing a gang member or brutal killings , homocides, so my question is how come these killers are never stopped at borders, someone who may have a record in jail while as soon as some one asian comes in ... off you go to the ... waiting room

So the question is simple

WHAT exactly is our gov doing to resolve the matter ? Every time I hear a news about the whole Kashkol and bheek mongering ...

Sharam anai chahiye... begging for money from these countries

Somehow I get the feeling you have not traveled much........

Finally a smart American to discuss , references with

Referece in 1 City- Los Angeles
Crime Rates

One day The Homicide Report | Lynwood: Esperanza Serrano, 66 | Los Angeles Times
:sniper:

Year Crimes Homicide Rape Robbery Assault
2005 649.0 10.4 23.3 261.1 354.1
2004 753.0 10.2 24.4 261.0 457.4
2003 842.7 10.5 25.7 288.3 518.2
2002 899.3 11.7 29.2 302.9 555.5
2001 921.3 11.0 28.6 310.3 571.3
2000 926.7 10.3 28.4 292.5 595.5
1999 880.9 9.1 26.2 284.2 561.4
1998 975.8 9.9 28.2 321.7 616.0
1997 1120.0 12.3 29.9 405.3 672.5
1996 1262.2 14.9 32.3 491.4 723.6
1995 1495.3 18.1 34.5 607.5 835.2
1994 1495.3 18.1 34.5 607.5 835.2
1993 1673.6 21.1 40.1 717.8 894.6
1992 1791.3 21.0 42.3 755.5 972.5
1991 1804.8 20.6 45.7 753.9 984.6
1990 1764.4 20.0 47.7 714.3 982.4
1989 1621.1 18.2 46.0 624.2 932.7

SoI have just proved, how dangerous it is to be inside USA city

Spanish/Mexican gans running the show at night.

In any case, I think if you lived in LA You can see how things chance at night , no one walk at night outside.

The point to note is that the so called transporation security thing what ever, keeps detaining same people who have cleared all checks 100 times if they have a properly built software, they could do check with one scan :disagree:

This is the main issue. The system is so currpt you can't do much you go thru it once, next day you travel , same passport, same documents and again 40 min wait

Is that very efficient no... Does that secures the country ??While the officers focus on innocent 1 person wait 2 hours to check the same data they have checked for over 100times :hang2:

Can't wait for someone to sue someone , I will be first to join the law suit :smitten:

Finally a smart American to discuss , references with

Referece in 1 City- Los Angeles
Crime Rates

One day The Homicide Report | Lynwood: Esperanza Serrano, 66 | Los Angeles Times
:sniper:

Year Crimes Homicide Rape Robbery Assault
2005 649.0 10.4 23.3 261.1 354.1
2004 753.0 10.2 24.4 261.0 457.4
2003 842.7 10.5 25.7 288.3 518.2
2002 899.3 11.7 29.2 302.9 555.5
2001 921.3 11.0 28.6 310.3 571.3
2000 926.7 10.3 28.4 292.5 595.5
1999 880.9 9.1 26.2 284.2 561.4
1998 975.8 9.9 28.2 321.7 616.0
1997 1120.0 12.3 29.9 405.3 672.5
1996 1262.2 14.9 32.3 491.4 723.6
1995 1495.3 18.1 34.5 607.5 835.2
1994 1495.3 18.1 34.5 607.5 835.2
1993 1673.6 21.1 40.1 717.8 894.6
1992 1791.3 21.0 42.3 755.5 972.5
1991 1804.8 20.6 45.7 753.9 984.6
1990 1764.4 20.0 47.7 714.3 982.4
1989 1621.1 18.2 46.0 624.2 932.7

SoI have just proved, how dangerous it is to be inside USA city

I lived in LA from 1988 to 1992. The stats you have shown shows crimes decreasing by almost 50% from 1989 to 2005 while the population has increased by 500,000. I lived in LA at the time when your estimates were at its worst.

Spanish/Mexican gans running the show at night.

In any case, I think if you lived in LA You can see how things chance at night , no one walk at night outside.

In all the time I lived in LA. I never once feared for my life. That does not mean I did stupid things, there were bad neighbourhoods, I avoided them. I not only walked, but partied every weekend and did a lot of stupid things. (if I have any regrets, it may be for the stupid things I did, its because when you are young you feel invincible). I have felt a lot more afraid the four times I went to Tijuana in that time frame. In the years since, and travelling the world, I have been afraid in Rio, because its like the wild west, but i loved the city, the girls are the best, and I had a great time. I have been aprehensive in Xiamen, but i have partied with many chinese people who were party animals exraordinaire:cheers:.

The point to note is that the so called transporation security thing what ever, keeps detaining same people who have cleared all checks 100 times if they have a properly built software, they could do check with one scan :disagree:

Transportation security officials will detain and make yours, and my life miserable. Their job is to protect travelers. If I have to jump through a hundred hoops, so be it, as long as I do not have to take things into my own hands.

This is the main issue. The system is so currpt you can't do much you go thru it once, next day you travel , same passport, same documents and again 40 min wait

Is that very efficient no... Does that secures the country ??While the officers focus on innocent 1 person wait 2 hours to check the same data they have checked for over 100times :hang2:

The TSA system is not corrupt. If it was, people will be laying bill on the table, and walking through. How many times have you seen that? Some people who think they are so fair and western maybe able to pass through.

Can't wait for someone to sue someone , I will be first to join the law suit :smitten:

Sue all you want, if you think that is what's going to make you rich, more power to you.

Nomad,
I agree that the complaining posters here must not understand the real world, post 9/11. No one in America likes the security measures at airports and so many other public places. We hate it. We long for the pre-9/11 days of our freedom of movement and freedom from fear. We are extremely angry at the Islamic jihadis that have made it necessary to protect ourselves and our guests by using such measures. When the jihad against America has clearly been abandoned, the measures may be dismantled. Until them, everyone suffers in ways large and small. Live with it. We do.

Nomad,
I agree that the complaining posters here must not understand the real world, post 9/11. No one in America likes the security measures at airports and so many other public places. We hate it. We long for the pre-9/11 days of our freedom of movement and freedom from fear. We are extremely angry at the Islamic jihadis that have made it necessary to protect ourselves and our guests by using such measures. When the jihad against America has clearly been abandoned, the measures may be dismantled. Until them, everyone suffers in ways large and small. Live with it. We do.

"Pre" September 11 versus "Post" September 11...TruthSeeker I hear that argument all the time and it doesn't make any sense. The first time the Twin Towers were bombed there were no draconian steps taken to prevent future attacks. Then almost a decade later it happened again. The different is the first time it happened, America was putting money in the Jihadi's pocket. There was no concept of Jihad against America from any extreme Muslim quarter until shortly after 9-11.

There was no concept of Jihad against America from any extreme Muslim quarter until shortly after 9-11.

KB,
I suggest you read al Qaeda's manifesto of Jihad against the Crusaders and the Jews. War was declared against the USA by al Qaeda several years after the first WTC bombing. We didn't take it seriously for a variety of reasons, including the Jewish flirt, Monica Lewinsky. Nonetheless, 9/11 was a sufficient outrage to get our attention. We have done our best to make the whole world a holy hell ever since. I assume you have noticed. We are practicing our form of Amerikhawali. Please bear with us until we are either spent or satisfied. If all else fails we still have our fusion devices.....

I am sorry to say to tell you that this will continue to happen and with reason. Like it or not, global jihad is being done by muslims and the west has to protect itself. Pakistanis are involved on a global level in this jihad and so the green passport is rightly a red alert at airports. The image of Pakistan is so bad nowadays. When a country is called the "epicentre of terrorism" or "the most dangerous country in the world," rightly or wrongly, it means that its citizens will get that 'special treatment' at airports. Reality my friend.

It will take a while to change Pakistan's image and deal with jihadis in the country, until then the ordinary citizens will pay the price. A victory in this war against jihadis will help restore the image of this country and people with a green passport will be able to travel with more dignity.

Cheers :cheers:

"Pre" September 11 versus "Post" September 11...TruthSeeker I hear that argument all the time and it doesn't make any sense. The first time the Twin Towers were bombed there were no draconian steps taken to prevent future attacks. Then almost a decade later it happened again. The different is the first time it happened, America was putting money in the Jihadi's pocket.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that our gov't was stupid enough not to realize the threat. How, and when were we putting money in the jihadi's pockets after the Soviet withdrawal? Give me an example.

There was no concept of Jihad against America from any extreme Muslim quarter until shortly after 9-11.
KB

This is like saying we had no animosity against the Japanese until we dropped the bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

What concept of jihad was there for the first bombing of the Twin Towers, the bombing of the Cole, and our Embassies in Africa.

There was a saying in the Middle East "Kill a few American's and they will run (Black hawk down), kill a lot and they will sue (a reference to the Pan Am bombing). There was a conception that the US was not willing to sacrifice its sons and daughters to deal with issues in the Muslim world. With 9-11, the equation changed ( For the 8,000 plus lives we have sacrificed to date, including the WTC innocents how many have we claimed). I am not gloating, but how many are saying today that the US will run? Instead everyone is saying please get out, and making every excuse in the book for why we have changed the balance. The time of whining is over, we are not leaving until we feel the price is paid or we have had enough.

Nomad,

The pre 9/11 days are gone, we will never go back to those times. You and i can wax nostalgic, but reality is not going to change. For anyone to feign indignance about such an issue is showing a total lack of awareness. The jihad against the US will never be abandoned or vice versa.

Lack of educational institutes has casue major damage in Afghanistan , as uneducated malitia has ruled tha country since Mujahiden ended war with USSR ..

Perhaps if there was an educated class of people things would have been different -

I remeber growing up as kid , the news came as Mujahideen won , but then there was this period of like WHAT next ?? There was no news , no local development news ...
then there were news about militia struggles there locally and then pretty much it was like war never ended... once the USSR left they started to fight each other...

But its not jihad - since jihad only applied on armies not on civilian targets nor on hotels or buses or other thing ...the media may portray it as such, but any educated person knows killing innocent by standerds is illegal. But what can you expect form uneducated people with guns .. as the means to solve things - they never had formal education

What Talib- idiots do is just spead fear with guns , and they are only warlords nothing more

All the wars in Afghanistan have done in past is just give a headache to Pakistanis -

First the drugs, then the refugees , then the poverty then ... these people with guns ... now the suicide bombers - craziness -

:coffee: And yes doing busiess has become harder, and it sucks more since economy now is horrible , stocks are down , and every thing is horrible , last thing ppl want is more chaos , and slowness

Last edited:
@Nomad is correct in this topic.
As someone who just travelled out of the States and came back I can say that, though not of very 'fair' skinned' myself, I did not feel too-profiled. In fact, I saw a young white girl's hand-baggage thoroughly checked while I saw no such treatment for myself. Sure, there were probably more hidden eyes focused on me in that sea of non-South-Asian/Middle-eastern crowds but nothing too obvious.
Oh, if you don't like being profiled then don't travel. Or better/worse: Start profiling the few Western visitors to Pakistan and see how much wonder it does for Pakistan.
Beggars are trying to be choosers. And quit blaming America/West exclusively for the Taliban menace: As if someone had twisted General Zia's neck in the 80s to join the Jihad in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom