What's new

At least 50+ dead in Kabul suicide attack

Update:

Explosion rocks shrine in Kabul:

A blast has rocked a shrine packed with pilgrims in the Afghan capital, Kabul, causing many casualties, reports say.

At least 20 people were killed, reports say, with many other injured. Officials say the blast was caused by a suspected suicide bomber.

Another blast hit a mosque in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif at about the same time, with reports of four dead.

Shia Muslims are commemorating Ashura, a national holiday in Afghanistan.

It is the climax of Muharram - the month of mourning for the martyrdom of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson.

The blasts happened at about 1130 (0730 GMT).

The BBC's Quentin Sommerville in Kabul says it seems to be a co-ordinated attack with a sectarian element, with the Shia community the target.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16046079

It is shameful that the capital itself does not adequate security preparations for such a crucial day. As the followers of the grandson of the Prophet(S), may Allah(swt) bless the people with Paradise who were killed on this day. Ameen.

The casualty has now reached to over 48 death and 100 injured. There has also been attacks on shias in Qandahar.

It is shameful that the capital itself does not adequate security preparations for such a crucial day. As the followers of the grandson of the Prophet(S), may Allah(swt) bless the people with Paradise who were killed on this day. Ameen.

I would rather say its shameful for any muslim ( even if he is a terrorist scum) to commit such a crime on this crucial day, but whatever.. RIP

I never understand why terrorists feel a holy day is the ideal time to launch murderous massacres. Do they think Allah(swt) will approve these acts on such days or something? Weird.

are Taliban mostly Sunni ???

Yes, but its not a problem with Shias-Sunnis. It's a problem with extremist people that take things to a whole different level, & who wouldn't even spare people belonging to their own theological group.

48 dead is really big. Must have been very big blast or the shrine really crowded.
RIP to dead.

May the dead rest in peace . Ameen
whoever is behind these attacks cant be a Muslim

Back
Top Bottom