What's new

At least 12 shot during Mother’s Day parade in New Orleans

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Twelve people are being treated for gunshot wounds following a shootout at a Mothers’ Day parade in New Orleans.

Over 100 people were participating in the residential festival, on Frenchmen Street, in the north of the city, when several shots were fired. The incident occurred around 2pm local time on Sunday.

Police confirmed the number of casualties stood at 12 following some discrepancies in initial hospital reports, suggesting that between five and 11 may have been injured.

No fatalities have been confirmed.

Umreeka bara hee khatarnaak mulk lagda vey.

Is it just me or there have been too many shooting incidents in USA lately? Why? Are they mad?

In pictures both look like beautiful peaceful countries. But why are ordinary americans shooting each other every day?

Hungry man...angry man..
Applies to Amreeka..Applies to Pakistan and the rest of the world.

Hungry man...angry man..
Applies to Amreeka..Applies to Pakistan and the rest of the world.

So ordinary americans are so hungry they are shooting each other for food? Does that make sense to you? Or are they angry over something else? Economics?

In pictures both look like beautiful peaceful countries. But why are ordinary americans shooting each other every day?

dont know... american members paint a picture of dreamland here... and it might be true to certain extent.. its a big country and something will be happening all the time...
they have high gun ownership... and not everybody is mentally mature to possess it..

If Indians had same level of gun ownership, every traffic accident has potential of a shootout.. :)

dont know... american members paint a picture of dreamland here... and it might be true to certain extent.. its a big country and something will be happening all the time...
they have high gun ownership... and not everybody is mentally mature to possess it..

Really? There are many threads here that show a different, violent country that is deteriorating with a crashing economy and failing government. Scary stuff.

Keyword search 'uk violent capital europe' will yield...

UK is violent crime capital of Europe - Telegraph

The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America, according to new research.

A breakdown of the statistics, which were compiled into league tables by the Conservatives, revealed that violent crime in the UK had increased from 652,974 offences in 1998 to more than 1.15 million crimes in 2007.

It means there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the UK, making it the most violent place in Europe.

Austria is second, with a rate of 1,677 per 100,000 people, followed by Sweden, Belgium, Finland and Holland.

By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000 population.

Living here it does not feel like a country with high violence rate. But if statistics says so, they might be right.

If Indians had same level of gun ownership, every traffic accident has potential of a shootout.. :)
In that case you would definitely want this.
car.jpg

Really? There are many threads here that show a different, violent country that is deteriorating with a crashing economy and failing government. Scary stuff.

What ever gave you the idea that the government is failing? I suppose it depends on your definition, but the legitimacy of the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the judicial branch is still strong. It is true that congress is locked in a partisan deadlock, but the government isn't collapsing, even with the sequester.

Also the economy isn't collapsing, though it has seen better days obviously. There is recovery but as of now it has been a slow one, though future indicators are promising.

You see alot of threads that try to show the worst image of the US here because, surprise surprise, there is an anti-US bias prevalent in the member community of this sight, or at least they are very active.

I am not saying everyone here is, but it is a definite existence and im sure you can name a few that fit the bill perfectly off the top of your head.

Well, I have been living in a LOT of country before. United States, Australia, Mexico, United Kingdom, Sweden, China and both Iraq and Afghanistan.

But funny to say, I had been rob twice during my 1 year stay in the UK and got Home Burglarized when I live in Australia just 6 months ago. Both country did not allow gun ownership.

People select news that they would like to hear and pipe down or simply ignore the news that don't go their way. Places are equally violent and there are places that is "No-Go" everywhere in the world. If you think US as a whole is dangerous, I will say the gangs in London and hooligan in Manchester or the Underbelly of Melbourne is probably a bigger problem than that in US

Back
Top Bottom