What's new

Aselsan Compete with Israeli and American firms

None but the Stinger Weapon Platform it mounts.

Right, the launcher as i said before, and this is what percent of the whole system cost? 5%? :lol: Turkish high-tech superior technology ladies and gentlemen missile casing :D

Right, the launcher as i said before, and this is what percent of the whole system cost? 5%? :lol: Turkish high-tech superior technology ladies and gentlemen missile casing :D

No, that's a wrong conclusion, the vehicle is irrelevant. In the Dutch case, the Fennek vehicles are available and the launchers are procured for integration with those vehicles.

Proper comparison of that Aselsan launcher (which can be mounted on different platforms) is with e.g. that on the Wiesel 2 Ozelot variant (LeFlaSys, which mounts ASRAD which can also be mounted on different platforms e.g. also on BRDM, Hummer, M113, Benz 4x4, Unimog). This also mounts Stinger (but could mount other missiles, eg RBS-70 or russian Manpads) and comprises the missile launch racks, ineternal and extgernal firecontrol components, and launcher arm.

wiesel2_ozelot_13_of_21.JPG

Wiesel 2 Ozelot Walk Around

leflasys17.jpg

asrad_001.jpg

leflasys_8.jpg

shorad_g.jpg

BRDM-2_ASRAD_MSPO_2002_Poland_01.jpg

so which components are Turkish?

In all fairness, the following should be noted:

On June 15, 2004, Krauss-Maffei Wegmann (KMW) of Germany and FNSS of Turkey signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the licensed production of Fennek vehicle in Turkey.
Fennek

For a potential Turkish Land Forces requirement KMW has teamed with the Turkish company FNSS Savunma Sistemleri, with the initial Turkish requirement being for up to 180 vehicles.
P9 of -Defence Weekly, Nov 22 2006 issue here:
Defence Weekly - Nov22_2006

However, the MoU not withstanding, Fennek is not (yet?) actually being produced in Turkey afaik. Moreover, it is not listed at the FNSS website under products offered. FNSS

Still, given also that the Netherlands and Turkey are both part of the Stinger consortium, and a possibility that the Dutch/German Fennec may at some point get license produced in Turkey (i.e. 3rd production line opening), it becomes more clear what some of the factors motivation the Dutch choice for the Aselsan launchers may have been.

Chile has gotten the Zipkin based Stinger Launch System (SLS) mounted on a Hummer.

ZIPKIN_2.jpg

ZIPKIN_1.jpg

For comparison, the Dutch vehicle.
418.jpg

The Fennek is so sexy.

Hopefully the new GEFAS will be ordered aswell:

FlakPzSysFlakmit35mmSKYRANGERaufGEF.jpg

That one bad- base vehicle!

Gefas_multi-purpose_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_Germany_Army_Recognition_014.JPG

1424.jpg

You should make some research before talk Bsdemon. None said that it is %100 Turkish.

Visit for e-o systems
Aselsan.com.tr

STINGER MISSILE
Within the context of European Common Stinger Production Consortium the production of launch and flight motors of Stinger missiles is realized in Roketsan. The sub components produced by Germany, Holland, Greece and Turkey, are assembled in Germany and shipped to the Armed Forces of these countries.

are you still talking? if aselsan kicks your azz on chilean tender i 'll see you :D we saw your high superior tech when owning by hezbollah :lol:

As you all seem to illustrate nicely ....

(since you quoted a - in terms of its contents factual - post of mine, kindly point out which post or posts of mine or parts thereoff you consider hatefull - if you find any such parts, please report them to forum management immediately.)

it is obvious that you and some others here, doesn't like to see that turkish companies is superior in some terms when it comes to develop this kind of military equipment. do it yourself and stop whining! easy as that, and if you think this was a bad option for the dutch army then go become the chief of staff. and throw them in the trash, i don't care if it is turkish made parts or not, turkey managed to sell them and the other not.

(WHY U HATIN? haha lol no, i have always wanted to say that)

are you still talking? if aselsan kicks your azz on chilean tender i 'll see you :D we saw your high superior tech when owning by hezbollah :lol:

Chilean tender? i dont recall any Israeli firms competing for the deal, yet Israeli Elbit won 260m deal for unmanned turrets to the Brazilian Army's Land Forces. The same Israeli superior technology that was supplied to your Turkish Army :D you r technology is good for poor nations without any military action, i will let your view brain cells to comprehend this.

Even russia is purchasing some weapons from israel. you are stealing from usa and we are buying from israel with low price. i think not a big deal :D

Even russia is purchasing some weapons from israel. you are stealing from usa and we are buying from israel with low price. i think not a big deal :D

As far as i know Israel doesn`t sell weapons to Turkey anymore. And what do you mean "even Russia"? 400 Million UAV deal is pocket change for you?

it is obvious that you and some others here, doesn't like to see that turkish companies is superior in some terms when it comes to develop this kind of military equipment. do it yourself and stop whining! easy as that, and if you think this was a bad option for the dutch army then go become the chief of staff. and throw them in the trash, i don't care if it is turkish made parts or not, turkey managed to sell them and the other not.

(WHY U HATIN? haha lol no, i have always wanted to say that)

Oh yes, obvious.:woot: The only conclusion here is that you were not able to point out anything hatefull in my posts.

You may have noted I discussed what another person was saying and on what basis (rather than the qualities of the system in question). I have in fact in no way said something negative about the technical performance of the system. Nor have I said of implied the Dutch army ended up with a poor system. I do happen to know a thing or to how about how policy gets made and how decisions are taken in government setting hence remarks about various factors that may have played a role. How about responding with substance rather than trying to character assassinate?

Chilean tender? i dont recall any Israeli firms competing for the deal, yet Israeli Elbit won 260m deal for unmanned turrets to the Brazilian Army's Land Forces. The same Israeli superior technology that was supplied to your Turkish Army :D you r technology is good for poor nations without any military action, i will let your view brain cells to comprehend this.

well, they wil use what suits them best, why should they buy turkish made stuff when they dont need it, clearly the israeli weapons where their choise and thats what it got to be.

and beside if it wasnt for the money you guys get from Uncle Sam you wouldn't be one of the world leaders in the military indutry

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Oh yes, obvious.:woot: The only conclusion here is that you were not able to point out anything hatefull in my posts.

You may have noted I discussed what another person was saying and on what basis (rather than the qualities of the system in question). I have in fact in no way said something negative about the technical performance of the system. Nor have I said of implied the Dutch army ended up with a poor system. I do happen to know a thing or to how about how policy gets made and how decisions are taken in government setting hence remarks about various factors that may have played a role. How about responding with substance rather than trying to character assassinate?

wasnt it you who said that this wasnt turkish made?

Back
Top Bottom