What's new

Army won't sit idle

You are not sure but you want him out of politics, the person in the history of BD developed the country only within 8 years not comparable to any other govt.s.

Few days back Farhan posted some pages of the book Bangladesh, A Legacy of Blood by Anthony Mascarenhas. Reading the pages I got very curious about the book and bought it...thanks @kobiraaz. This book describes the assassinations of both Sheikh Mujib and Ziaur Rahman. Regarding Mujib's coup he said Zia had the knowledge about it but he was not involved in it. Regarding Zia's coup he said it was completely done by Manzoor (once a friend) and some of anti-Zia elements (close to Zia) in army. Nowhere he hinted that Ershad somehow was engaged in it rather he praised Ershad's managing the post coup situation otherwise it's clear that Zia's funeral would have been one like Mujib faced after his death.

Only politically crooked views are ruining our nation....Zia, Ershad didn't want it. Besides, if we can't prove some allegations, why will we stay behind based on propaganda? Ershad's fault was he could maintain good diplomatic relationships with everyone, based on that people spread propaganda.

What the benifit munzur would get by killing president ? can he flee the country by killing a popular president . the killing and previous long meeting with Ershad and a junior officer in army mess hinted ershad knew what happening. he spare the sting by sting and pave his way to power . the only beneficiary of Zia's murder was Ershad which also put him under suspicion .

Last edited by a moderator:
What the benifit munzur would get by killing president ? can he flee the country by killing a popular president . the killing and previous long meeting with Ershad and a junior officer in army mess hinted ershad knew what happening. he spare the sting by sting and pave his way to power . the only beneficiary of Zia's murder was Ershad which also put him under suspicion .

This is why I mentioned that book where there's not a single hint about Ershad's involvement and Manzoor's view was clearly described. However, I'm not saying that we've to believe that book, simply these are allegations and many allege that Zia was involved in Mujib's assassination. Based on allegations we can't decide things.

Did you forget Kazi Zafor and Roushon Ershad's sugar stealing scam???? :)
Ershad was the worst/shameless leader that this country ever witnessed.

While Khaleda/Hasina are the pride of this nation and definitely not shameless because they don't put on bikinis :omghaha: !

Personal life and political mistakes apart Ershad was a good administrative. We gave 20 years to these two ladies (!!!)why not give him another chance we can easily change our opinions after 5yrs of his term .I bet he will solve some major problems we are currently facing. At least he will stick to his plan and make sure of distribution of administration. BNP and ALs Dhaka cholo slogan will turn Dhaka Charo.

I used to respect Ershad. then oneday he said to sheena chauhan that he was the father of cricket in Bangladesh.

Personal life and political mistakes apart Ershad was a good administrative. We gave 20 years to these two ladies (!!!)why not give him another chance we can easily change our opinions after 5yrs of his term .I bet he will solve some major problems we are currently facing. At least he will stick to his plan and make sure of distribution of administration. BNP and ALs Dhaka cholo slogan will turn Dhaka Charo.

Haha :rofl: ...No it's not gonna happen, these two parties will sit on same table to kick Ershad or anyone out of the throne. Ultimately, power and money are the things they need and they'll do anything for that. And I tell you then india, raw wouldn't be any problem, they'll take advice, money both. The key Gonotontrer Moa works nice with our clueless masses.

However, I have doubt Ershad will be able to administer like he did previously. Systematically, he's been made velka by 22 years long humiliation. His big mistake was closing his student wing that he adamantly did knowing he was axing his own toes.

I used to respect Ershad. then oneday he said to sheena chauhan that he was the father of cricket in Bangladesh.

Lady makes him you know :cheesy: !

You are not sure but you want him out of politics, the person in the history of BD developed the country only within 8 years not comparable to any other govt.s.

Few days back Farhan posted some pages of the book Bangladesh, A Legacy of Blood by Anthony Mascarenhas. Reading the pages I got very curious about the book and bought it...thanks @kobiraaz. This book describes the assassinations of both Sheikh Mujib and Ziaur Rahman. Regarding Mujib's coup he said Zia had the knowledge about it but he was not involved in it. Regarding Zia's coup he said it was completely done by Manzoor (once a friend) and some of anti-Zia elements (close to Zia) in army. Nowhere he hinted that Ershad somehow was engaged in it rather he praised Ershad's managing the post coup situation otherwise it's clear that Zia's funeral would have been one like Mujib faced after his death.

Only politically crooked views are ruining our nation....Zia, Ershad didn't want it. Besides, if we can't prove some allegations, why will we stay behind based on propaganda? Ershad's fault was he could maintain good diplomatic relationships with everyone, based on that people spread propaganda.

I have no reason to bad mouth Ershad as a person or as a politician, just expressing my impression from the materials I have read from different sources.

What we need to find out conclusively is if he is pro-India or not, if he is, then I would not recommend any Bangladeshi to vote for him and his party.

He was definitely more of an effective administrator, although not a visionary leader like Bhashani or Zia (both were extremely anti-India). And one thing he was good at, like you mentioned, was that he was more diplomatic, and solved problems with financial incentives rather than killing opponents, quite unlike the history with Zia and Mujib factions.

To remove any confusion about him, if Ershad wants to help Bangladesh, he should not be a opportunist politician running after power and position. Instead he should think about the country's greater interest and come out of the pro-India alliance led by AL and join the pro-Bangladesh BNP-Jamat 18 party alliance, so the whole country can unite against pro-India politicians:
Grand Alliance (Bangladesh) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Grand Alliance: Bangladesh Awami League, Jatiya Party, Jatiyo Samajtantrik Dal, Workers Party, Liberal Democratic Party & nine other parties.
Liberal Democratic Party came out of the Grand Alliance before election and contested independently. Currently LDP is with 18 Party Alliance.

Jatiya Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the 1996 elections, Awami League secured majority seats in the Jatiyo Sangsad. Jatiya Party gave support to Awami League to form the government and joined the cabinet. Anwar Hossain Manju, the secretary general of the party, was included in the cabinet of Sheikh Hasina as Minister of Communication. Ershad was released on bail on 9 January 1997. The Jatiya Party had a rift on leadership wrangle in 2000 resulting in the three factions each headed by General Ershad, Anwar Hossain Manju and Naziur Rahman Manju. In the general elections of 2001 Jatiya Party Ershad group and Anwar Hossain group secured 14 and 1 seats respectively.

Hussain Muhammad Ershad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On 8 April 2008, Ershad took charge of his Jatiya Party once again[38] In 2006 he protested against the controversial Election Commissioner (CEC) MA Aziz decisions on holding polls. He later joined the street movement along with Awami League.[39]
On 19 November 2008 Jatiya Party & Awami League agreed to contest the elections jointly under the Caretaker Government to be held on 29 December 2008. Out of the 300 Constituencies in the Parliament, Ershad's Jatiya Party contest from 49 (later 42 as Awami League did not pull back its candidates from few seats as agreed earlier) seats and Awami League and members of a leftist Fourteen Party Coalition from the rest 250 seats.[40] Thus the Grand Alliance (Mohajote in Bangla) emerged in Bangladesh.
Ershad contested the Bangladesh Parliamentary Election 2008 from three constituencies. According to Bangladesh electoral laws, a person is allowed to contest from three places, but can retain only one seat and two are to have by-elections after formation of government. These constituencies included his birthplace Rangpur (Rangpur-3 and Kurigram-2), and Dhaka-17, the capital's diplomatic zone, where he resides. He won all three seats in the election.
Ershad has been considered as an unpredictable character in Bangladesh politics. He joined 4 Party Alliance at the end of BNP term of 2001-06 after meetings with Tarique and Babar at his (Ershad) Residence, which was followed by meeting with Khaleda Zia at her (Zia) Cantonment's Mainul Road House. In late October 2006 he said he is not with 4 Party Alliance and the following day he reversed position. Later, he went to hiding for 3 days and joined Grand Alliance at Paltan Maidan with Sheikh Hasina. Sheikh Hasina breached agreement with him on to make him the President for at least six months. Moeen also committed to make him President before 11 January 2007. Ershad was offered to be head of the Government in 1991 by Sheikh Hasina while he was in jail and by Khaleda Zia in 1996 before Awami League formed Government after 21 years.[41] H M Ershad joined 4 Party alliance earlier also after 1996 elections and left later.
Ershad has been a pro-Indian element[42] and compromised with interest of Bangladesh.[43]
He appointed Bobby Hajjaz, eldest son of Musa Bin Shamsher [2], most famous international arms dealer of Bangladesh, as his special adviser on February 24, 2013. [3]

Source 42 and 43 for Ershad's pro-India stance:
Daily Manab Zamin | ?????? ??? ???? ???? ??????
Daily Manab Zamin | ?????? ?? ?????????? ?????, ???? ??? ????? ???? ??????? ???????? ???

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are interested to know the fact behind 86 election and ALs duplicity look for a guy who was right arm of Ershad at that time,Ex army man,Dhaka club member.who boasts (after few peg)personally hand delivered sum of 45corer taka to our gonotontrer manosh konna.

I have no reason to bad mouth Ershad as a person or as a politician, just expressing my impression from the materials I have read from different sources.

What we need to find out conclusively is if he is pro-India or not, if he is, then I would not recommend any Bangladeshi to vote for him and his party.

He was definitely more of an effective administrator, although not a visionary leader like Bhashani or Zia (both were extremely anti-India). And one thing he was good at, like you mentioned, was that he was more diplomatic, and solved problems with financial incentives rather than killing opponents, quite unlike the history with Zia and Mujib factions.

To remove any confusion about him, if Ershad wants to help Bangladesh, he should not be a opportunist politician running after power and position. Instead he should think about the country's greater interest and come out of the pro-India alliance led by AL and join the pro-Bangladesh BNP-Jamat 18 party alliance, so the whole country can unite against pro-India politicians:
Grand Alliance (Bangladesh) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jatiya Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hussain Muhammad Ershad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On 8 April 2008, Ershad took charge of his Jatiya Party once again[38] In 2006 he protested against the controversial Election Commissioner (CEC) MA Aziz decisions on holding polls. He later joined the street movement along with Awami League.[39]
On 19 November 2008 Jatiya Party & Awami League agreed to contest the elections jointly under the Caretaker Government to be held on 29 December 2008. Out of the 300 Constituencies in the Parliament, Ershad's Jatiya Party contest from 49 (later 42 as Awami League did not pull back its candidates from few seats as agreed earlier) seats and Awami League and members of a leftist Fourteen Party Coalition from the rest 250 seats.[40] Thus the Grand Alliance (Mohajote in Bangla) emerged in Bangladesh.
Ershad contested the Bangladesh Parliamentary Election 2008 from three constituencies. According to Bangladesh electoral laws, a person is allowed to contest from three places, but can retain only one seat and two are to have by-elections after formation of government. These constituencies included his birthplace Rangpur (Rangpur-3 and Kurigram-2), and Dhaka-17, the capital's diplomatic zone, where he resides. He won all three seats in the election.
Ershad has been considered as an unpredictable character in Bangladesh politics. He joined 4 Party Alliance at the end of BNP term of 2001-06 after meetings with Tarique and Babar at his (Ershad) Residence, which was followed by meeting with Khaleda Zia at her (Zia) Cantonment's Mainul Road House. In late October 2006 he said he is not with 4 Party Alliance and the following day he reversed position. Later, he went to hiding for 3 days and joined Grand Alliance at Paltan Maidan with Sheikh Hasina. Sheikh Hasina breached agreement with him on to make him the President for at least six months. Moeen also committed to make him President before 11 January 2007. Ershad was offered to be head of the Government in 1991 by Sheikh Hasina while he was in jail and by Khaleda Zia in 1996 before Awami League formed Government after 21 years.[41] H M Ershad joined 4 Party alliance earlier also after 1996 elections and left later.
Ershad has been a pro-Indian element[42] and compromised with interest of Bangladesh.[43]
He appointed Bobby Hajjaz, eldest son of Musa Bin Shamsher [2], most famous international arms dealer of Bangladesh, as his special adviser on February 24, 2013. [3]

Source 42 and 43 for Ershad's pro-India stance:
Daily Manab Zamin | ?????? ??? ???? ???? ??????
Daily Manab Zamin | ?????? ?? ?????????? ?????, ???? ??? ????? ???? ??????? ???????? ???

The thing you and I want requires a complete revolution led by masses, no party. BNP is also an anti-state party, this is not the party Zia established. BAL/BNP can't be patriotic parties. Even Jamat is better than these two thugs association. Unfortunately, I can't side with Jamat ever but they are not thugs association.

Every politician is opportunist here, Khaleda in every speech says she'll do this, that if "seated on power". These hypocrites are lucky they are doing the business with clueless masses otherwise they wouldn't be able to survive on politics.

The thing you and I want requires a complete revolution led by masses, no party. BNP is also an anti-state party, this is not the party Zia established. BAL/BNP can't be patriot party. Even Jamat is better than these two thugs association. Unfortunately, I can't side with Jamat ever but they are not thugs association.

I agree with you on the revolution by masses and no party will do it for us. But that is a long term goal. The long term people's revolution will take time and effort and will run on a separate track, independent of current internal politics in Bangladesh.

AL/BNP are collection of thugs, one is pro-India and more murderous, the other less pro-India and not so murderous. Not sure why you cannot side with Jamat, not important, but we should not avoid using a weapon that is available to us for our security.

As an immediate step Bangladeshi people have no alternative but to unite the pro-Bangladesh forces (BNP-Jamaat 18 party alliance) to oppose and remove the pro-India forces (Grand alliance of 14 party) during this election season, either by winning a free and fair election or in a mass movement after a loss in a rigged election. I would like to see Ershad stop his opportunism in his last years of life, and KZ accept his demand to become President, so that Jatiya Party switches allegiance from 14 party, making it a 13 party, while making the opposition a 19 party alliance. This is crucial.

And once the 19 party alliance starts a movement for CTG, the country will respond, if they are ready and the jawans will back them up when the time comes. If the effort fails then Bangladeshi people were not ready and deserve more bashing from the pro-India politicians. Nothing for you and I to feel bad about. People deserve what they get.

Back
Top Bottom