What's new

Army To Reduce its Night Blindness, Arjun Mk-II To Have Panoramic Commander's Sight

plzz tell some more about them and their role in reducing the workload ...

He is probably talking about VISTAR GPS navigation by DTRL ( Defence Terrain Research Lab project part of DRDO labs ) .

You can google it , any problems ask me
I have an old SP publications - Land magazine article on that .

why drdo made everything public , headly anything left for the spies to do...

Last edited:
Now Indian army is not Night Bilind, T72 being upgraded for night vision.

U ARE RIGHT , T72 are being upgraded at the cost of 5 cr each
GOI and OFB have a signed a contract to upgrade 2000 of the armies 2415 T72 ,
These Upg include both addition of infrared night vision , improved commander sight , new 1000 hp engine and improved electronic
Till now 950 of the 2000 T72 HAVE BEEN UPGRADED WITH REST BEING UPGRADED BY 2014
Something which our pak brotheren dont understand is that our 750 T90 , 950 upgraded T72 and 124 Arjun are enough to take care of 800 odd Pak army tanks capable of night fighting
Our remaining 2300 TANKS can deal with 500 older pak tanks:rofl:

why drdo made everything public , headly anything left for the spies to do...

Lol! There's a lot of news and information out there that makes me think the same way.

I am surprised it did not have the sight. So it lacked hunter/killer capability till now. The sight has nothing to do with night capability though. Arjun should have thermal sights.

New Arjun Mk.II Panoramic sight:

DSC01652.JPG

Panoramic sight for upgrad of T-72, BMP and NAMICA carriers for IA:

DSC00199.JPG

There is no need to upgrade the Arjun tank as it never has and will never be mass produced. All this Arjun upgrade is an eye wash to show the Indian nation that the DRDO is doing something. There is much more money to be made in kick backs in importing the T90 tanks from Russia.

There is no need to upgrade the Arjun tank as it never has and will never be mass produced. All this Arjun upgrade is an eye wash to show the Indian nation that the DRDO is doing something. There is much more money to be made in kick backs in importing the T90 tanks from Russia.

like a typical troll always predicting nonsense

and this is
a] relevant to the topic
b] of concern to you

how?

OK guys, first of all, i'm Pretty shocked that no one cleared this up yet. The ARJUN MK1 DOES have a 360 degree panoramic sight for the commander. ITs only that this sight is a day sight, While the gunner's sight is a night sight .

I arjun has hunter killer ability in daytime.
the mk2 will add the panoramic sight capability at night too ...wouldnt worry too much though, that kanchan armour will prettymuch take anything that hits it with ease...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom