What's new

Army chief calls for national consensus to confront ‘economic and terrorism’ challenges

After reading this post, I went to go read a book on my shelf I’ve been wanting to read for some time. I’ll tell you what it is when I finish :) and can give a full opinion based on that and a few interviews about Afghan history I’ve been looking to watch.

From the book, I’m coming around to accepting your view that, no matter what we will do their aspirations will remain the same. I will concede offering easier movement is putting the cart before the horse. It’s not something to consider until we have a solid track record of years of relations that address our concerns with the Afghans. In the mean time, I agree deporting threats (or better yet jailing then, so they can’t join militant groups) if we have evidence and can convict them in a court of law, should definitely be implemented.
Forget the idea of evidence, there is no proper rule of law for even our native citizens, and it will waste too much time filtering through, and even one wrong assumption could cost you.

Anyone who you are even slightly suspicious of should be jailed, this saves time, and brings maximum stability & security. (This is what we need before truly shifting to economic growth)
I agree, we should not be kicking the can down the road, in fact now is probably the best time, since 1947, to finally address this issue.

But I do want to caution that we should not try to stir up the Afghans but rather empower our own loyal Pakistani Pashtuns to be better able to police the region and bring economic development. Therefore we should keep raids into Afghanistan at a minimum but definitely do them as the Afghans also need to know when they have crossed red lines. Afghanistan should not be looked at like a country anymore, but various tribes, sub-tribes, and clans, all doing what is best for them, and we should be dealing with them accordingly.

I agree, economically empowering the Afghans at this stage is a fools errand. The Afghans have a seemingly endless supply of young men willing to fight that they ought to be putting into mining and farming but they don’t for their own sakes, so who are we to keep recommending solutions when they won’t help themselves. We can bring a horse to water but can’t make it drink.

So instead of playing whack a mole, we would be better suited by reinforcing the border, putting up a concrete wall in the worst effected areas and giving our troops MRAPs and better forts with remote gun and remote automatic grenade launchers, as well as heavy guided mortars.

Also for the time being, we should strictly enforce our border checkpoints, especially to screen out any potential threats, building field hospitals on the border, so domestic and international aid organizations can provide humanitarian healthcare on the border, without having to allow people to travel into Pakistan. Also, setting up trading markets in border posts, so traders from either side don’t have to move across the border.

In the context of history, Afghans have made raids across what is now the border for hundreds of years, so what has best worked, based on how far I am into the book, is strong static defenses and local Pashtun troops able to repulse Afghans trying to take territory. Reports the Pakistan Army is going to start procuring more remote gun systems is encouraging for the defense of the border.

A strong QRF force (including attack helicopters and transport helicopters, a highly effective technique in last 40 years of wars in Afghanistan) and intelligence network are also very necessary to eliminate militants in the moment and follow them back to their leadership when their corpses are processed for intel.

P.S. if all this is in place, and the Afghans see the resolve of Pakistan, we can then ease up on travel restrictions after some time from a position of layered security. Also, I still believe Pakistan must do this itself. It can not allow foreign troops in Pakistan, because this is basically part of a Pashtun cultural civil war, and foreign troops will delegitimize the entire efforts on our part. If Drone strike or helicopter raids need to be carried out, they should be done by the PAF and Pakistani troops, respectively. This approach will also make it easier for the tribes in Afghanistan to distance themselves from foreign militant groups like Daesh.
Good suggestions.

I'll paste what I suggested earlier for what I think has the highest chances of truly stabilising the region so we can put our entire focus onto economic growth:

a) Bring a Tajik government to power in Afghanistan who is not hell bent on expansionism or conflict with Pakistan. They could truly control terror elements that emanate from Afghanistan for us, given they have the military capabilities. They could suppress the group that has these goals, secure the border from their own side. They could eradicate any problematic elements on their side.

b) 10KM buffer zone ingressing into Afghan territory, and make that a no man's land - anyone who enters is a valid target for neutralisation. (Several factors to be considered and how far to ingress due to terrain)

Incredibly unlikely and questionable:

c) Take mass funding from somewhere and occupy vast territories of Afghanistan and use extreme force to take it under your control. This one is problematic and would probably require US/Chinese support but if you take it under your control - it ends the core purpose of expansionism and you can use brute extreme force on any problematic elements.

(It's easy to make dubious counter-claims to justify it, or provoke them where you can justify it.)

Afghanistan should not be looked at like a country anymore, but various tribes, sub-tribes, and clans, all doing what is best for them, and we should be dealing with them accordingly.
Ideally this here is our true path to secure the western border.

Do everything we can internally like previously suggested in regards to a potential buffer zone, swift deportations, increasing COIN capabilities, maximum border surveillance & security at high-risk areas, building facilities like hospitals & markets close to the border, etc.

But the real solution will be using their diversity of interests to our advantage - and our natural allies will be Tajiks who are the only group that don't care about hostilities with Pakistan.

Last edited:
Look at the production quality

Clutching at straws much? Royal Park Lahore is littered with matric fails who can pump out better quality than this attempt. However the point to note is the attention to data lol. Something which we see missing from "ISPR"; another reason to conclude that the Army isn't doing its designed job well.

Fvck the Taliban? Absolutely yes.
Who's gonna do it? Awam? Pehle kabi pucha hai awam se? LMAO.

Lets do it pronto and not ask questions. You know what they say, shoot first ask questions later.

Pakistan in a nutshell -
1672639839465.png

Good that the quam has it all figured out.
see this is the problem, the 'takubar' that exists in the establishment and the society as a whole. BUT its the arrogance in this one institution that has brought ruins to Pakistan Not the quom!

The quom has been made a chawal out of successfully by the establishment. There is 0 respect for public because apparently bloody civilians don't know manure.

well now its people vs establishment, will Pakistan be the next egypt? or will it prosper like the rest of the world has by people deciding who runs things.

and that is the million dollar 💵 problem isn’t it. People can’t see the wood for the trees. But it’s okay, just dump all the blame on one entity and call it a day.

Pay yourself on the back and say “yeh”…
People who have first hand experience of Army's machinations in Karachi for the past four decades where they were patronizing, facilitating and supporting MQM's reign of terror while Atlaf bhai was was simultaneously on RAW's payroll and his target killers were getting training in India know that it is well within the realm of possibility that even though Gangu Kumar might be freelancing as TTP's graphic designer the latter can still be given space or worse direct support by the beghairat p0rn peddling napak Sepoys of Mir Jaffer order.

see this is the problem, the 'takubar' that exists in the establishment and the society as a whole. BUT its the arrogance in this one institution that has brought ruins to Pakistan Not the quom!

The quom has been made a chawal out of successfully by the establishment. There is 0 respect for public because apparently bloody civilians don't know manure.

well now its people vs establishment, will Pakistan be the next egypt? or will it prosper like the rest of the world has by people deciding who runs things.
Which people? The 1.5% of social media PTI fans?
These people weren’t ripe for independence in 47 and it is expected that somehow they have climbed the maslow pyramid high enough to go beyond the plate of food or ethnic/sectarian voting to actually warrant some revolutionary change? Pigs will develop wings, then decide they want to do a run up - speed up and then fly and develop a sophisticated ATC before we see Pakistanis develop enlightenment.

These people weren’t ripe for independence in 47 and it is expected that somehow they have climbed the maslow pyramid high enough to go beyond the plate of food or ethnic/sectarian voting to actually warrant some revolutionary change? Pigs will develop wings, then decide they want to do a run up - speed up and then fly and develop a sophisticated ATC before we see Pakistanis develop enlightenment.
again, see this is the attitude the wardi folks have. If you think its just a 1.5 percent of the people then lets have elections and the results will speak volumes. BUT then there is election rigging and electoral fraud that happens too. who does that?

This pharaoh attitude has already brought the nation to its knees and it will only end when Pakistan is NO MORE. Because the people in GHQ think themselves as some pseudo deity.

Now I think to myself that the people who go hungry, people who live under an open sky. Those robbed of opportunities in life. Those who have no option but to go abroad for another chance in life has been done by design.

The designers can only be those in GHQ. because they gifted us the problems and its control is in their hands.

Clutching at straws
? Royal Park Lahore is littered with matric fails who can pump out better quality than this attempt. However the point to note is the attention to data lol. Something which we see missing from "ISPR"; another reason to conclude that the Army isn't doing its designed job well.

Fvck the Taliban? Absolutely yes.
Who's gonna do it? Awam? Pehle kabi pucha hai awam se? LMAO.

Let’s do it pronto and not ask questions. You know what they say, shoot first ask questions later.
That's not for YOU or the army to decide.
Let the people speak.

End the impasse.

Hold elections and may the winner form the next government.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Illiterates can also make better decisions if they have rights and choices. They know what is better for them and elect accordingly.
I bet more people in 47 were less educated and living below the poverty (Moslow's first tierl) but were politically conscious.
If you think people are stupid, the 98.5%, try telling them to their face on equal grounds.

Last edited:
Forget the idea of evidence, there is no proper rule of law for even our native citizens, and it will waste too much time filtering through, and even one wrong assumption could cost you.

Anyone who you are even slightly suspicious of should be jailed, this saves time, and brings maximum stability & security. (This is what we need before truly shifting to economic growth)

Good suggestions.

I'll paste what I suggested earlier for what I think has the highest chances of truly stabilising the region so we can put our entire focus onto economic growth:

a) Bring a Tajik government to power in Afghanistan who is not hell bent on expansionism or conflict with Pakistan. They could truly control terror elements that emanate from Afghanistan for us, given they have the military capabilities. They could suppress the group that has these goals, secure the border from their own side. They could eradicate any problematic elements on their side.

b) 10KM buffer zone ingressing into Afghan territory, and make that a no man's land - anyone who enters is a valid target for neutralisation. (Several factors to be considered and how far to ingress due to terrain)

Incredibly unlikely and questionable:

c) Take mass funding from somewhere and occupy vast territories of Afghanistan and use extreme force to take it under your control. This one is problematic and would probably require US/Chinese support but if you take it under your control - it ends the core purpose of expansionism and you can use brute extreme force on any problematic elements.

(It's easy to make dubious counter-claims to justify it, or provoke them where you can justify it.)

Ideally this here is our true path to secure the western border.

Do everything we can internally like previously suggested in regards to a potential buffer zone, swift deportations, increasing COIN capabilities, maximum border surveillance & security at high-risk areas, building facilities like hospitals & markets close to the border, etc.

But the real solution will be using their diversity of interests to our advantage - and our natural allies will be Tajiks who are the only group that don't care about hostilities with Pakistan.
A buffer zone, IMHO, won’t work because 10 km into Afghanistan maybe a 100% into one tribes territory. Also, if we shoot on sight anyone near the border we will get a cycle of revenge attacks. In areas, they try to tear down the fence we should put up concrete walls and remote gun systems, with the range to hit a man with an RPG, as was used by militants against one of our posts, in a recent video.

If we also get our economy going again, and the Afghans can’t manage their own, they will try to come across to get work.

Coordinating with the countries around Afghanistan is important, but supporting a Tajik government in even part of Afghanistan should not be done and is bound to backfire, IMHO. They will side with the Indians and Iranians to support a new Northern alliance if given the chance. The last Afghan government was largely the northern alliance in new garb. Instead of having one problem, we will have two. This is why a rail route via GB to China is worth it, over a cheaper rail route through Afghanistan.

For the time being, we just need to make the border secure and only crossable legally and regulated to prevent smuggling.

The work with regards to militants has to be done on our side of the border, including economic work.

P.S. holding general elections is the only indigenous way to get the economy going. Also having IK back in power can show the people united in the face of these militants. It’s a government that Afghans are probably more willing to take seriously. It doesn’t hurt that he’s a Pashtun as well, who has been wounded in his struggle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom