What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

The Army has decided to place fresh order for an additional home-built 124 Main Battle Tank (MBT) Arjun. This is over and above the existing order of 124 tanks. The development follows the success of the indigenous MBT Arjun in the recent grueling desert trials.

The project for the design and development of the MBT Arjun was approved by the Government in 1974 with an aim to give the required indigenous cutting edge to our Mechanized Forces. After many years of trial and tribulation it has now proved its worth by its superb performance under various circumstances, such as driving cross-country over rugged sand dunes, detecting, observing and quickly engaging targets, accurately hitting targets – both stationary and moving, with pin pointed accuracy.

Its superior fire-power is based on accurate and quick target acquisition capability during day and night in all types of weather and shortest possible reaction time during combat engagements.

bagee its a artists impression with a lot of loophole

1.The main gun shown here is smoothbore Arjun has a rifled gun

2.The turret looks like that of an leopard 2

lets keep our fingers crossed hope we get to see a new turret design..something on he lines of a MERKAVA 4:smokin:

yes if needed Israel can help at least the turret has to change in line with the international standards seriously i think if any thing has to change on arjun then it has to be at least the turret. and yes the gun is that of the m1a2 :cheers:.......

I have to admit arjun is much much better than T-90 with lates tech from Israle etc, but u know ur beurocrats and Army procurment team, they dont gv a damn abt Solders but money!

I have to admit arjun is much much better than T-90 with lates tech from Israle etc, but u know ur beurocrats and Army procurment team, they dont gv a damn abt Solders but money!

yes mate that's what i am saying what army says is it's to heavy all the modern tanks made in todays world are more than 60 tons and bridges for what god sake tell them if a army retreats it doesn't leave infra behind so hell Indians are literate no stop making fool of them:sniper::sniper::sniper:

:coffee:yar at least translate that in Hindi so that we guys can also understand any ways don't mind;)

Dude he just exclaimed that this much Tamil ppl are there in this forum and said u can make a big list out of this.

well comrade for Arjun saga thier have been just to many ups n downs and we simply cannot pass on a verdict see Arjun has seen its share of failures,and time slag...that was one big reason that army had no confidence in the machine which is quite normal but with jard work see what it has turned out to be criticism works wonder atleast it worked with arjun......:agree:

yes Arjun is better then T-90 but that does not mean that T-90 becomes any less potent..remember our doctrine is around light tanks because we have been using them since a long time.yet its time that we are bringing in changes which are good as it will give a new lease of life to the makers...any forthcoming project will have the basic know how as the makers have learned a awefull alot from thier mistakes..

yes if needed Israel can help at least the turret has to change in line with the international standards seriously i think if any thing has to change on arjun then it has to be at least the turret. and yes the gun is that of the m1a2 .......
India and isreal have worked alot together..they were brought in because third party audit team which validated ARJUN'S performance was isreali.........
Many us may not even have a clue what has gone inside Arjun...i wont say its the best but trust me its no less then the best too...
Arjun mkII in my opinion wont be employing anything new in terms of turret design..NERA addition is a sign towards it..also if a new turret design comes it will take time..MKII wil be better in terms of electronics and a cetain systems related to commander's section...
In my opinion ARJUN MKI & ARJUN MKII ALONG WITH T-90 WILL BE THE TIP OF ARROW...may be after 2015 we may start talking about a FMBT with a radical new design...:cheers:
last but not the least to my brothers frm south INDIA...we are representing INDIA HERE to plzz stick to the topic.by the way iam from New delhi:smokin::D

Back
Top Bottom