What's new

Arjun 130 mm gun: DRDO tastes success

May be we can start from you by tying your and made cork blocking your arse. Go and join potty toilet forum. This is defence forum

Awwww, that remark was meant to be sarcastic.

I am an Indian lol :D

these guns will be upgraded to 155mm/52 cal before integration.. :yahoo:

arjun_catapult.jpg

Hi Griffin.

Why such irritating Avtar?

Change It bro.

It is not very pleasent to see some body hanging a roof on neck in the morning.

Make it 130mm then upgrade to 155mm .....nice planning ;)
Simply why NOT 155-52 system ???? What happened to DRDO's 155 ???

Why these Idiots are not going for TATA guns? 155X52

As far as I know.....

155mm/39 caliber towed howitzers:
- M-777 deal close to being signed, 145 ordered (290 more optional), FH-77B running out of service life, roughly 200 remaining, OFB gun was supposed to be tested, status unknown.

155mm/45 caliber towed howitzer:
- 180 M46 guns upgraded to 155mm/45 caliber by Soltam, mixed response with no repeat orders- OFB rehash of FH-77B on Bofors ToT, 100 ordered (July 2012).

155mm/52 caliber towed howitzer:
- 4 tenders cancelled, 5th in progress (Nexter (Caesar), Elbit(Soltam))
Requirement: 400 imports + 1180 domestic production as per the current tender.
- DRDO's gun might enter testing in 2013-2014, to become the backbone for indigenous towed, tracked and wheeled system.

155mm/52 caliber tracked howitzer:
- Bhim project successfully tested, suspended after blacklisting of Denel, status unknown, might be revived with indigenous gun.- 3 tenders cancelled, 4th in progress (Tata Power with Cenzin, RDM with Mahindra, BEML, Rosoboronexport, L&T & Samsung, Ashok Leyland)
Requirement : 100

155mm/52 caliber wheeled howitzer:
- 4 tenders cancelled, 5th in progress (Germany’s Rheinmetall Defence and Slovakia’s Konstrukta Defense)
Requirement : 180

155mm/52 caliber mounted howitzer:
- Tender still on. Sweden’s Archer, French Ceaser, TPSED with Bosnia’s Unis gun systems and South Africa’s Denel (presently blacklisted), L&T, OFB with BEL and Bharat Forge.
Requirement: 200 imports+ 614 domestic production.

I think you're referring to the DRDO Bhim. That project is in the doldrums as Denel, the South African firm which was supposed to provide the artillery gun, has been blacklisted by the Indian Govt for supposedly giving kickbacks.
Not sure its Bhim or other. But news was DRDO's own project on arty not JV or licence produce.
You can find reports about in some other thread here on PDF ( didnt remember the thread though - 1 year old )

I really dont have any idea why. But I too think they should. L&T or Tata. No probs.

I can't seem to re
Not sure its Bhim or other. But news was DRDO's own project on arty not JV or licence produce.
You can find reports about in some other thread here on PDF ( didnt remember the thread though - 1 year old )

I really dont have any idea why. But I too think they should. L&T or Tata. No probs.
I can't seem to recollect any other arty proj by DRDO. If the IA is still rooting for those M-46 artys, the paucity of heavy arty must be biting them hard! Any major procurements though, may have to wait till the next Gen elections.

Hi Griffin.

Why such irritating Avtar?

Change It bro.

It is not very pleasent to see some body hanging a roof on neck in the morning.

Bcoz there is no TATA or L&T gun in first place itself.:)

In Tata's case they r only providing the platform(i.e. Truck) n the gun is from Denel(blacklisted).

So all Tata will be doing is licence manfucturing of Denel guns that too only if they win the contract.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom