What's new

Are the Chinese raring for revolution?

Chinese are not raring to go for a revolution.

The carrot of money and the stick of being arrested like Weiwei, Liu Xiaobo or even another massacre like Tienanmen Square keeps the Chinese along the straight and narrow by the short and curly.

Only intellectuals or committed people with fire in them like Mao can along organise a revolution. Mediocre are followers.

China didn't kick google out, google decides to leave then bit*h about it.

Exactly, they gambled and lost. Except when they lost, they did NOT leave China like they promised to do. Too much money was as stake.

Sore losers. :P They can't even back up their promise to leave China, instead they still hang around here in Hong Kong, and whine.

Do people really want to know why overseas chinese become more supporting of their government?
It is because people in china are actually more shielded from those stereotyping biased china bashing articles than the english-literate ones overseas

Do people really want to know why overseas chinese become more supporting of their government?
It is because people in china are actually more shielded from those stereotyping biased china bashing articles than the english-literate ones overseas

Exactly right. :tup:

When people bash China and Chinese people, then naturally, Chinese people will usually try to defend their own country.

The irony, is that the Chinese-bashers usually dislike the Chinese government, yet by attacking China, they are increasing the support towards the Chinese government. :D

Chinese are not raring to go for a revolution.

The carrot of money and the stick of being arrested like Weiwei, Liu Xiaobo or even another massacre like Tienanmen Square keeps the Chinese along the straight and narrow by the short and curly.
Only intellectuals or committed people with fire in them like Mao can along organise a revolution. Mediocre are followers.

I guess China should instead learn from India's caste system and adopt India's very own 'One Child Policy' by making sure kids stay malnourished.

A caste system is a type of social structure which divides people on the basis of inherited social status. Although many societies could be described in this way, within a caste system, people are rigidly expected to marry and interact with people of the same social class.
The Indian caste system has been in use for many years. Still today the values of the caste system are held strongly. It has kept a sense of order, and peace among the people.

When people bash China and Chinese people, then naturally, Chinese people will usually try to defend their own country.

The irony, is that the Chinese-bashers usually dislike the Chinese government, yet by attacking China, they are increasing the support towards the Chinese government. :D

Not irony at all. This is a democratic way of promoting peace, prosperity and stability.

I guess China should instead learn from India's caste system and adopt India's very own 'One Child Policy' by making sure kids stay malnourished.

Thank you for this brilliant reply.

I will concede that it does not make much sense since it is non contextual!

What has One Child policy and caste have anything to do with China raring for Revolution?

It is as odd as if would be if someone here started commenting on the bizarre foods of China when the issue that is being discussed is if China was raring to go for a revolution!

Quite a pathetic attempt to divert from the issues that is being addressed in consonance with the title of the thread.

I feel the chinese government will welcome chinese students to experience the outside world. The smarter the students the better. The less bright ones might just end up taken over and think that the west have solution for china's every problem. China must not be afraid to look at problem, tackle problems and solve them from their own perspective.

I marvel at the replies of the chinese posters.

They meander like a drunken snail and pathetically try to bring in non contextual stuff to throw the thread totally out of gear.

Thank you.

I will not respond to totally unrelated tripe!

What a great idea! We should rip out all our toilets and take our dumps in the streets--Indian style.

Who needs sanitary hygiene when its government gives them 'free land' to do their business in. Now I understand how it works in the 'free world' of the 'democratic society'.

I marvel at the replies of the chinese posters.

They meander like a drunken snail and pathetically try to bring in non contextual stuff to throw the thread totally out of gear.

Thank you.

I will not respond to totally unrelated tripe!

I wrote some lengthy posts on democracy on posts 24 and 30. You can reply to that.

What a great idea! We should rip out all our toilets and take our dumps in the streets--Indian style.

You miss out one critical "skill" that we need to learn from a so-called indian (copycat) professional, stealing articles from others, just add a few words of his own and you made yourself a self-proclaim China expert easily.:lol: "being shameless, thick face" can go a long way.:oops:

Thank you for this brilliant reply.

I will concede that it does not make much sense since it is non contextual!

What has One Child policy and caste have anything to do with China raring for Revolution?
It is as odd as if would be if someone here started commenting on the bizarre foods of China when the issue that is being discussed is if China was raring to go for a revolution!

Quite a pathetic attempt to divert from the issues that is being addressed in consonance with the title of the thread.

It has every bit to do with it:

As you can see, India is an advanced nation and China is still trying desperately hard to catch up with India. By closely analyzing the effectiveness of India's caste system and malnutrition levels. It became clear to us that the Indian government is rapidly trying to depopulate the country by promoting the 'malnourishment Doctrine'.
Its caste system is a way of ensuring that its society remains healthy and prevents one social class from contaminating another social class.

Thankyou for bringing that up, you have enlightened us, yet again, in your very democratic way.

I feel the chinese government will welcome chinese students to experience the outside world. The smarter the students the better. The less bright ones might just end up taken over and think that the west have solution for china's every problem. China must not be afraid to look at problem, tackle problems and solve them from their own perspective.

Right on no_name. Even little dragon managed to get at the crux of the matter earlier ... uh ... when he was not busy trotting out his "G-2" fantasy ... well nobody is perfect.

Chinese people should not and cannot defend the indefensible - whether by their own government or someone else. It is not easy for any people to gather up the courage to tackle real problems. For example, the other day I came across an article about the lack for opportunities facing the so-called "穷二代" ... and that's a real problem. Corruption is a real problem. Spiritual "nihilism" is a problem (maybe not to some). Attention-seeking artists are merely symptoms.

Little dragon is quite right about Y@nkee establishment media's famous reverse Midas Touch - something they themselves are acutely aware these days. Fighting for "democracy" in China today based on the neo-con agenda and rhetoric has about as good a chance of success as fighting for reform in the Protestant denominations based on the Pope's recommendation.

But in the end, courage is defined by doing what is right for you - whether it gives pleasure to your detractor or not.

Back
Top Bottom