What's new

Are Muslims the new Tamils of Sri Lanka ?

If Sri Lanka tries to be too smart with us, we can unleash the Islamic caliphate bug there.. Heard a lot of Tamilians there are predominantly islamic. That will kill three birds with one stone ;)

Really u can unleash it? :D between it will be disastrous to SL and to U as well. Never learnt a lesson?
Muslims are not Tamils. Tamils are largely Hindu and catholic. There is a small tamil muslim segment as well as there is a small sinhala muslim segment.
Muslims are largely moor and malay.
Also muslims have been patriotic ones, many died defending SL. Muthalif, Fazly Lafir are legendary SL fighters. Actualy Fazly Lafir was a relative of SL president MR.
There must be factual reporting .

First the Buddhist sinhalese played out the frustration against Tamils. Now the next targets are Sri Lankan Muslims (Who are predominantly Tamil Speaking of course).
The problem will take a new shape if they dont contain their new found victory feeling,
Most of the things are exaggerated. Sinhalese n Muslims live peacefully side by side. Between I agree Gov should take more steps to stop this.

indeed it seems that felling of victory is too overwhelming for them.The north of Sri Lanka today is a spectacle of Sinhalese triumphalism. A victorious army is rebuilding new roads, grabbing land for itself and displaying the spoils of war before tourists from the south.Tamils on the other hand feel humiliated by the scale of the defeat,Its not just the military defeat,but because the way LTTE has betrayed them towards the end.LTTE used human shield tactics so that there will be huge civilian casualties and the international community would be forced to intervene.Now even the magnanimous gestures by SL Govt toward the Tamil people, by building new infrastructure projects, for instance, the Tamils seem to feel that their defeat is being rubbed in their faces.Now they are doing same thing with Muslims.

what is wrong in SL army building roads n infrastructure? It is cheap and they do a good job.
SL army is not grabbing land from tamils becasue of their ethnicity.
GOv has took and even from sinhalese.
Actually gov has to build permanent army bases so that they can vacate the temporary ones and give back to the ppl.
No Sinhala - Muslim problems has never reached to that of sinhala - tamil.
sinhala and muslims have been living in SL for 100s of years peacefully.

When muslims were slaughtered by Portugese n Dutch traders (they had wars for superiority over trade in indian ocean), it was the sinhala kings in Kandy who gave refuge to muslims and even giving them lands for free. Do u knw buddhists gave land for desperate muslims for merit?
True,perhaps the fear of western intervention might have been the reason they rushed the operation.The story of Srilankan Tamils is so sad.Its hard to say who caused more damage to them LTTE or Sri Lankan Govt.

Nah,Arab states don't give a damn.Arab dictators don't have the compulsions of vote bank politics, and they don't care much about Human rights either,Just look at the what's happening to Rohingyas.Does it looks like they give a damn.It will as usual will be west.Even India may do more here on their behalf compared to Arabs.
The ones who caused most damage was undoubtedly the LTTE.

I have to agree. Even in final stages of the war, if the army had moved slowly and carefully, plenty of lives could have been saved. The conflict at maximum could have extended another 2 months. But they didnt care about the lifes, and attacked blindly. Not though LTTE played the angel. It also had its part.
The places where Tamils were massacred are now put as a Tourist places. Any function requiring large number of people like marriage, coming of age functions require army permission . Tamil were a localized problem with pressure mainly from TN, and Tamils present in the west. But the Muslims will seek the support of all Arab states, who will be more than ready to help, if the Sinhalese dont nip the problem in the bud itself.

They have to control their victory feeling, or else its an LTTE 2.0

Thats wrong just becasue ppl come n see these things it doesnt mean they are advocated as tourist sites.

Really u can unleash it? :D between it will be disastrous to SL and to U as well. Never learnt a lesson?
Muslims are not Tamils. Tamils are largely Hindu and catholic. There is a small tamil muslim segment as well as there is a small sinhala muslim segment.
Muslims are largely moor and malay.
Also muslims have been patriotic ones, many died defending SL. Muthalif, Fazly Lafir are legendary SL fighters. Actualy Fazly Lafir was a relative of SL president MR.

Most of the things are exaggerated. Sinhalese n Muslims live peacefully side by side. Between I agree Gov should take more steps to stop this.

Did u even read what i said? They are separate race. They are moors . I never said they are tamils. I said they are Moor Muslims, who have tamil as their language.
Comprehensive failure.

Are you referring to NAZI RSS , BJP and Sinhalese Buddhist terrorists belonging to the same stock ?

Hindu extremism(not terrorism)is beyond nipping in the bud..I was referring to the new phenomenon of emergence of small number anti muslim sinhalese who are demanding to ban halal,alienate muslim business etc..RIght now the extremists are a small minory-i think the majority of the sri lankans dont even bother about them..I was just hoping that the extremist tendencies will get nipped in bud so that sri lanka wont become like pakistan and india,where religious extremists holds deeper influence in society..
@Sri Lankan members
What is the status of the ban halal campaign..?Is there any remote chance that their illogical demands are met by govt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you referring to NAZI RSS , BJP and Sinhalese Buddhist terrorists belonging to the same stock ?

Just curious - Are you a SL tamilian pissed off with Indians especially TN tamilians?

Hindu extremism(not terrorism)is beyond nipping in the bud..I was referring to the new phenomenon of emergence of small number anti muslim sinhalese who are demanding to ban halal,alienate muslim business etc..RIght now the extremists are a small minory-i think the majority of the sri lankans dont even bother about them..I was just hoping that the extremist tendencies will get nipped in bud so that sri lanka wont become like pakistan and india,where religious extremists holds deeper influence in society..?

Yeah pics speak a thousand words

941758_525646750826278_1451550654_n.jpg

Yeah pics speak a thousand words

941758_525646750826278_1451550654_n.jpg

That is a hindu tradition where once a year weapons/tools are revered..Symbolic weapons,tools of work,books/pens(in case of students) are offered in front of diety..And in 2009, during ayudha puja at modi's residence,Weapons of his security guards were also offered in puja-which created citicism from senior NSG officers as it temporary rendered the leader defenseless..

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi performed shastra puja ( worship of weapons) at his official residence in Gandhinagar on Vijaya Dashami (Dussera) morning. However contrary to last year’s Dussera, the National Security Guard weapons were not used in this traditional ceremony. Only traditional symbolic weapons such as swords were used during the puja.

While Modi performed traditional puja, the NSG guards, on duty to protect him, and Gandhiangar police officials were present there with in praying posture.

Last year, weapons of Modi’s security guards such as Sub machine guns, AK series assault rifles, and prohibited bore pistols were worshipped by Modi on Vijaya Dashami as per the ‘Shastra puja’ tradition. Photo of this puja was published next da on front page of several national daiies.

Later National Security Guard headquarter had instructed NSG jawans not to leave their weapons for any purpose including Vijaya Dashami puja.

And no,modi's security guards offering their weapons in "ayudha puja" is not at all equatable to AK-47 weilding "allaho akbar"chanting suicide bombing terroist brothers of yours..We all are entitled for our openions,but intentional misinformation to prove your point is kinda cheap..

Did u even read what i said? They are separate race. They are moors . I never said they are tamils. I said they are Moor Muslims, who have tamil as their language.
Comprehensive failure.

before talking abt my comprehensive ability, think abt urs.
If u actually read my answer u will understand I was telling that to a guy named 'shiv'. I gave u a different answer. go back n see

Back
Top Bottom