What's new

Arabs lost 2.5 trillion dollars from credit crunch

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Arab investors have lost 2.5 trillion dollars from the credit crunch, Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad al-Sabah, whose country hosts an Arab economic summit next week, said on Friday.
"The Arab world has lost 2.5 trillion dollars in the past four months" as a result of the global financial crisis, Sheikh Mohammad told a press conference following a joint meeting of Arab foreign and finance ministers in Kuwait. :victory::smitten:

He also said that about 60 percent of development projects "have either been postponed or cancelled" by the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states because of the global meltdown.:smitten::yahoo:

Arab leaders who hold their first ever economic summit on January 19-20 will discuss the impact of the worldwide economic meltdown on the 22 Arab countries.

The biggest loss was an estimated 40 percent drop in the value of Arab investments abroad,(To people who love these lab arabs this is what they were investing in the world that hates them and there investments in muslim world are nothing compare to this) which previously totalled around 2.5 trillion dollars. :enjoy:

Falls on stock markets contributed more than 600 billion dollars to the losses, while Arab investors were further affected by a sharp decline in oil revenues, the declining value of property investments and other repercussions of the global downturn.:toast_sign::cheers:

2.5 trillion dollars invested in muslim countries reaserch and development would have done wonders.

Sounds like music in my ears. :smitten:
I'm so ashamed of them.
And I agree Cheetah, 2.5 trillion dollars in just Palestina would immensily help them, let alone other muslim nations.

Everyone lost something in the Economic crunch. But I seriously don't see how this is a matter to celebrate. Let's not forget that Arabs have been saving our ***'s since the start. Loans, oil, resources and what not. Yes, they're complete Morons at times but I still don't see how we should be celebrating someone's loss.

:/

The number sounds too big. How reliable is it?

It is many times more than the GDP of all the Arab countries combined. Many times more than their annual oil exports!

Arab investors have lost 2.5 trillion dollars from the credit crunch, Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad al-Sabah, whose country hosts an Arab economic summit next week, said on Friday.
"The Arab world has lost 2.5 trillion dollars in the past four months" as a result of the global financial crisis, Sheikh Mohammad told a press conference following a joint meeting of Arab foreign and finance ministers in Kuwait. :victory::smitten:

He also said that about 60 percent of development projects "have either been postponed or cancelled" by the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states because of the global meltdown.:smitten::yahoo:

Arab leaders who hold their first ever economic summit on January 19-20 will discuss the impact of the worldwide economic meltdown on the 22 Arab countries.

The biggest loss was an estimated 40 percent drop in the value of Arab investments abroad,(To people who love these lab arabs this is what they were investing in the world that hates them and there investments in muslim world are nothing compare to this) which previously totalled around 2.5 trillion dollars. :enjoy:

Falls on stock markets contributed more than 600 billion dollars to the losses, while Arab investors were further affected by a sharp decline in oil revenues, the declining value of property investments and other repercussions of the global downturn.:toast_sign::cheers:

2.5 trillion dollars invested in muslim countries reaserch and development would have done wonders.

That's what they get for turning their backs to the Muslim world. Allah (SWT) gave them so much and he can take everything away from them. The Arab governments are pathetic.

Last edited:
I dont understand why you guys are so happy of someone's loss. Arabs never attacked Pakistan or Bangladesh.

hmm with those 2.5 trillion the arabs could have bought a set of balls
nevamind that now

I dont understand why you guys are so happy of someone's loss. Arabs never attacked Pakistan or Bangladesh.

The Arabs are a different story all together. I feel pity. So much wealth and opportunities yet arrogance has always been a spoiling factor. To some extent the Arabs are really in a pathetic state. Their brothers and sisters are getting slaughtered by a handful of Zionists. Yet no one is willing to stand up and take a stance. The 2.5 trillion is just the tip of the iceberg. In many ways I'm glad and very thankful to God that Pakistan isn't a Palestine or Iraq.

Last edited:
MANCHESTER City owner Sheikh Mansour lost £440MILLION yesterday — nearly DOUBLE what he is set to spend on Brazilian soccer ace Kaka.

The Arab tycoon, who hopes to sign AC Milan’s Kaka in a £243million deal, was stunned as Barclays shares crashed by 25 per cent — wiping £2.7BILLION off the bank’s market value.

The Sheikh, 38, had plunged £3.5billion of his estimated £33billion fortune into Barclays last October, giving him a 16.3 per cent stake.

But a banking insider said last night: “It’s fair to say Sheikh Mansour had a day from hell.

Talk about being in the Kaka. He must have watched the news with his head in his hands.

“You wake up preparing to make history with the biggest ever offer to a footballer. Hours later, you’re down £440million.”
A £440million loss is equivalent to the gross domestic product of African nation Gambia.

Abu Dhabi royal Mansour bought Man City, managed by Mark Hughes, last September — raising hopes of an influx of star players.

The Sun revealed yesterday that he hopes to take Kaka, 26, to the club by splashing £108million on a transfer, another £108million on the attacker’s wages and £27million in fees.

He bought into Barclays when it raised £7billion from investors rather than lose independence in a British government bail-out. His stake is now worth £1.3billion.

Barclays insisted last night it was not in any financial difficulty.
BANK of England deputy governor Sir John Gieve warned yesterday Britain faces the worst recession for “decades.”

Everyone lost something in the Economic crunch. But I seriously don't see how this is a matter to celebrate. Let's not forget that Arabs have been saving our ***'s since the start. Loans, oil, resources and what not. Yes, they're complete Morons at times but I still don't see how we should be celebrating someone's loss.

:/

Ok i am sick and tired of this BS people keep posting About how arabs help pakistan go ahead convince me and others prove it.
And don't come up with this i herd it from my uncle or his friend or some newspaper i want you to back your claim other wise time to read and pay attention to this 2.5 trillion is a lot of money but not all the money they have invested in west.

And if they had invested that money into Muslim nations like you claim they do Pakistan and other Muslim nations would be a different story by now so please enough of your love for Arabs unless you can prove it i suggest start reading and realizing what real and what fiction.

one billion dollar investment creates 4500 well paying jobs + thousands of spin of jobs that just a billion we are talking about over 2000 billion dollars.

And yes i am going to celebrate their loss they use this money to to help people who have one mission to destroy and depress Muslim nations.

The number sounds too big. How reliable is it?

It is many times more than the GDP of all the Arab countries combined. Many times more than their annual oil exports!

That news is from BBC this is money they been investing for years.:usflag:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom