What's new

APCs,Anti tank tracked & wheeled systems

Honestly, HIT made armored vehicles look very disappointing. You can kick them down with a foot, why waste bullet!

They cant be compared even remotely to MRAPs made in US or India. Why cant we make something solid looking, indigenous stuff like Turks?

BTW, whatever happened to this IFV, do we have them?

2lo2e7q.jpg

is this really a HIT project?or was important

if HIT than damn this look really awesome

more info?

Burraq MRAP in background

this picture confirms that Burraq is no more in prototype stage bt rather ready for mass production.just awaiting order
i hope it will make its first export in the ideas def expo 2012

3080.jpg

I don't think Pakistan Army operates Cobra Armored Vehicle, though it would be great if we did have these in our possession.

The Steering is a turn-off watch at 1.53

I believe Funds is the main reason both for procuring and indigenously developing better platforms.

M36 "Slugger" is an upgrade version of M10 Wolverine tank destroyer and they are both mounted on M4 Sherman hull

However, even our M48 Pattons are rolling with 105mms now, a 90mm gun carriage has no use in modern battlefield.

What IS that? :blink:

Universal Carrier Mk1
Universal Carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ps01_2.jpg

Carden-Loyd Mark VIA Tankette
Carden Loyd Mk.VI
Can-RCD-Carden-Lloyd1931-DennisBerkin.jpg

Type 95 Ha-Go
Type 95 Ha-Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IMGP0410.jpg

M36 "Slugger" is an upgrade version of M10 Wolverine tank destroyer and they are both mounted on M4 Sherman hull

However, even our M48 Pattons are rolling with 105mms now, a 90mm gun carriage has no use in modern battlefield.
Comparing TD with MBT: apples and oranges. Most tanks even today are vulnarable to 90mm high velocity gun PROVIDED they are not engaged over the frontal arc. Hence their use on armored cars e.g. ERC-90, Pandur etc. Works well in terrain not suited well for heavy armor.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/belg...l_gun_vehicle_design_development_product.html

http://www.armyrecognition.com/belg...gun_vehicle_design_development_productio.html

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/turrets/cmi

is this really a HIT project?or was important

if HIT than damn this look really awesome

more info?

US XM-765 became Dutch YPR765 became Turkish Nurol AIFV. This is not a vehicle of Pakistan. Hit makes conceptually similar Hamza ifv though.

@Penguin not only the 90mm gun but also the tank destroyer concept is outdated. I must say I am a big fan of M36 it was one of the best tank destroyers of second world war..

but it had around 300+ HP engine from what i remember. anyway doesn't matter. it gets raped by any MBT with a decent fire control system.

Chances she gets enough time to find a weak spot are... very slim

What you need to understand is, during WWII main tank force of US consisted of M4 shermans and their 75mm main guns were too damn weak for anything germans could bring into the battlefield. So M10, M18 and M36 made most of the kills.

Today Canadian Leopard2A6s are climbing Afghanistan's mountains with 120mm L55 guns. Only use i can think of for M36 is as a fixed defensive positions near military outposts in terror-infested areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Penguin Today Canadian Leopard2A6s are climbing Afghanistan's mountains with 120mm L55 guns. Only use i can think of for M36 is as a fixed defensive positions near military outposts in terror-infested areas.
agree :-)

TD concept is still used though, see China PTZ89 for a tracked example. Wheeled ATGW carrying TDs aplenty Some tracker ´Armored gun systems´ e.g. Russian 2s25. But these 2 tracked examples do mount 120-125mil cannon. In the 90mm tracked category, see e.g. Swedish IK91 amphib

Last edited by a moderator:
agree :-)

TD concept is still used though, see China PTZ89 for a tracked example. Wheeled ATGW carrying TDs aplenty Some tracker ´Armored gun systems´ e.g. Russian 2s25. But these 2 tracked examples do mount 120-125mil cannon. In the 90mm tracked category, see e.g. Swedish IK91 amphib

Oh, I didn't know about those, my knowledge on eastern military concepts are limited. Still it's a a little odd that people call 120-125mm systems "tank destroyers". What i understand from this concept is a vehicle that is overgunned but with a lighter armor.

I'd expect a modern TD to have a 140-155mm main gun and weight around 30-35 tonnes. It could barely stand the recoil of it's gun :lol:

Check out: Armored Gun System M8 (US, served), Cadillac Gage Stingray (US, in service Thailand), various 105mm or 120mm gun armed variants of modern MICVs such as CV-90-120 (Sweden), ASCOD LT105 (Austria-Spain/South Africa), and also wheeled Centauro 105 and 120 and OTO Melara 60mm HVMS gun on Dardo IFV chassis (Italy) and BWP-2000 (Poland)

The 2S25 is an armoured tracked amphibious vehicle as powerful as T-72 and T-80 tanks and as manoeuvrable and swim-capable as airborne infantry combat vehicles. 2s25 Sprut SD weighs in at 18 tons, is fully amphibious but has MBT firepower. AGS/M8 Buford is 25 tons, with MBT firepower.

Modernization of the BRDM-2DP for Africa. Has a machine gun 12.7 mm DSHKM and two side machine guns 7.62mm SGMT
brdm2dp2.jpg

Al talha with add on armour
82391386.jpg

Centauro
centa4.jpg
centauro_b1.jpg
porcupine_l2.jpg
attachment.php
dracomobileairdefencesy.jpg

XM-8 AEV [a.k.a Barako]
wnKBJ.jpg

Back