What's new

Anza Draws First Blood In Kargil

Reports have been circulated that after commissioning a new airfield in IOK in 2002, the base commander along with other VIPs and dignitaries on board an Antonov An-32, took off for the inaugural flight, but ended up on the Pakistan side of the border where an Anza MANPADS was fired at it, knocking out one of the engines, realising his mistake, the pilot quickly dived back into the sanctuary of Indian airspace, but entering from Pakistan, the IA mistook it for an hostile aircraft and opened fire on it, however it reportedly made safe emergency landing.

I have a question. If Anza did score a hit, how was the jet able to make emergency landing? The impact should be hard enough to knock out the wing area along with the engine.
AirMark_Antonov_An-32_Spijkers-2.jpg

This plane does not look tough enough to be hit with a missile and yet able to make it back safely?

Ansa was good againt the 3rd gen strike jets, but not a serious threat to 4th Gen air crafts with enough counter measures.

And I don't think all IAF jets flew at high altitude to escape from Ansa/Stinger. In fact, as per intercepts there was instructions from across the border to use it extensively. As per IAF estimates, more than 100 missiles fired afterwords without any success.

For that we have Anza III now. and Anza series r man pad SAMs for low flying a/c.
And yr IAF:rofl:
Grapes r sour.

I have a question. If Anza did score a hit, how was the jet able to make emergency landing? The impact should be hard enough to knock out the wing area along with the engine.

This plane does not look tough enough to be hit with a missile and yet able to make it back safely?

For the record,an Israeli f 15 once landed with an entire side wing gone following a mid air collision.

Mirages operated quite close to the target while carrying on precision strikes, you should see the videos sometimes. Or can i help? :azn:

these r mig27 n mig21 we r talking about!!! that were shot in southern deserts in Pak not in Azad Kashmir.

these r mig27 n mig21 we r talking about!!! that were shot in southern deserts in Pak not in Azad Kashmir.
no they were shot in pakistan kashmir
ifthey violated any other place in pakistan it would have been a all out war

What do you guys think of Avenger like system For pakistan army based on ANza mk3 on mohafiz vehicle

So tiger hill is with pakistan????

Thank you come again :cheers:

For the record,an Israeli f 15 once landed with an entire side wing gone following a mid air collision.

I am well aware of it but please dont compare an F-15 to this. The F-15 pilot after going into a violent roll engaged his engines to a full afterburners (The engines produce a massive 25000 pounds thrust each). You cannot compare that to the above.

The incident was reported in the AFM quoting Indian authorities, in fact they said that one engine actually fell off.... and you know i posed the same question to Alan Warnes....who was just dismayed as you and me......there were other reports that the plane never made it back.....but that's the fog of war for you. !!

I am well aware of it but please dont compare an F-15 to this. The F-15 pilot after going into a violent roll engaged his engines to a full afterburners (The engines produce a massive 25000 pounds thrust each). You cannot compare that to the above.

Ever heard of Glider. After failing of one engine, with one engine power; it can glide to few distance to reach nearby base.

One su25 was able to reach to base after hitting manpad, while base was more than 200km far from warzone; during Gorgia war.

One IL76 was also able to land safe after a hit in one of its engine in afgan war.

Wings of militry a/c design for toughness, they are too stronger than commercial a/c.

One question.......
Does Pakistan manufacture its seeker by own or if import it, than from which country??????

If possible than please also give manufacturer name & seekers model #.

Indian authorities will go to any length to discredit Pakistani achievements.....according to the same sources, the IAF never crossed the border but here bursts the bubble where two aircraft are shot down over Pakistan territory and one pilot who managed to eject ends up captured by the PA.
So you want us to believe the reports of an army which disowned their own soldiers and rejected them as terorists and was found lying on all accounts.

Nobody believes what PA says because they will go to any length to manipulate data to show anything as their achievement bcoz they got thrashed completely

Back
Top Bottom