What's new

Anyone who is/was in Australia for studying?need help

I think you need to have a minimum of 4 years of work experience if you want to get admitted in MBA in Australia. If you want to go straight after your BBA, MSc would be the appropriate choice. I got admitted in a couple of good universities in Australia, but then i preferred UK as that was the cheaper option out of the two at that time. Plus in UK its a 1 year MSc program while in good Australian universities it is extended to 1.5-2 years.

IELTS is required.

Why Australia?

Actually i was thinking for applying in ANU ,according to US rankings of 2010 ,it lies among top 20 universities of the world

i red the eligibility criteria of ANU for MBA and it was atleast 3 CGPA ,6 to 6.5 band in IELTS and 3 years of experience after BBA

Just use an education consultant for such stuff, they are free and better guides for such questions.

I can provide you with a link to one who also helped me.

thanks sir,it would be much appreciated

its hard to get credits .... you will be lucky if they let you get away with 1 foundation course
It depends upon the affiliation your university has with other universities .and my university is having affiliation with more than 100 universities of the world through which there are agreements of exchanging students,faculty as well as experience

i remember last time a team of consultants came representing Heartfordshire college Uk,they were providing the scholarships to the students who were lying within their scholarship eligibility criteria and the option of credit hour transfer was available .i was able to get the scholarship but i didn't applied for it as i don't think it has a good ranking .

I remember a friend who for the purpose of a project met to the HR manager of Pepsico in lahore and she was MBA from London school of economics ,she told that when people with foreign degrees come here for job the first thing we check is the ranking of that university .so studying abroad is not only the thing that matters

do you want to listen all that fairy tales from me which starts as soon as name australia comes!! :blink::blink:

well i am also from this fairy land ............which fairy tale you wanna talk about:pop:

Actually, Australia has quite a good education system.

I have done most of my highschool/primary there and will return for Uni inshallah

if you are still seeking help let me know, best thing would be completing your bba and then move there for Masters
otherwise it will take longer time to transfer your credits !

@ Mani - Drop me a PM when ready.

BTW - Australia "Does-NOT" have "The BEST" Education system in the world. It has around 36 Universities , majority of which are just a money making machine , they quite literally suck your blood away.

Quality Education is only provided by G-8 Universities , where a Bachelors [4 years] degree can cost a Pakistani student around 9 Million Rupees BUT if you have that money lying around , then don't go to Australia , you should rather go to the US , UK or Scandinavia.

Majority of Unis are dominated by Int Students , Australian youth is not a big fan of studying at unis. Research opportunities for Int Students are next to zero unless you are one of the .01% who would get a scholarship.

Education in Australia is "an Industry" - keep this in mind before you go.

Dont ! Go to agents , they know absolutely shitass about Education abroad , all they want is to get you a visa , put you on a plane and bang , they are happy with their commission , what happens to you isn't their "concern" anymore.

Thanks

I m currently doing my BBA honors , n currently in fifth semester .i want to go to Australia for study but in kind of dilemma currently that should i go now by transferring my credit hours and complete my BBA there or should i wait for BBA to get completed and go for MBA.

if anyone is/was there for study ,in which university you were and what was th eligibility criteria for overseas students

It would be advisable to complete your BBA.... will save you money

I don't think you can do MBA in Australia, right after doing your Bachelors.

Is it advisable without field experience ?

Not in my opinion.

You need atleast two years field experience for getting into any MBA course in Australia.

For example AGSM, top ranked in Australia, this is the minimum requirement.

There are two pathways into the AGSM MBA program:

A good undergraduate degree (or equivalent qualification), minimum Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of 550 and a minimum of 2 years professional or managerial work experience

At least 6 years professional work experience and a minimum GMAT score of 550

Entry requirements - MBA (full-time) - AGSM MBA - Postgraduate coursework - Future students - Australian School of Business - UNSW

Back
Top Bottom