What's new

Any Western Equivalent to the Soviet 2B9 Vasilek?

nightcrawler

Reaction score
The 2B9 Vasilek (Cornflower) is an automatic 82 mm gun-mortar developed in the Soviet Union in the 1970s and subsequently fielded in the Soviet Army. Unlike conventional mortars, the 2B9 can fire in automatic mode using four-round clips, and rounds can be loaded from either the muzzle or the breech. Because of its wheeled carriage, the 2B9 resembles a light artillery piece more than a conventional mortar.
Very useful for Pakistan soldiers in fighting WOT in northern areas
2B9 Vasilek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess the closest thing is the H&K GMG wich is being used heavily by us army and nato, its also mounted in almost every german vehicle in a-stan

40_KRKK_2005_Heckler_Koch_GMG_-_Finnish_Army.jpg

fennek.jpg

Thnx for the replies; but they can't be regarded as equivalents in any sense. Remember my posted weapon is meant to be carried by foot soldiers...

Remember my posted weapon is meant to be carried by foot soldiers...
Foot soldiers?? It weights 632 kg!

Some Vasileks were mounted on MT-LB transporter. In this version they are very similar to AMOS.

Foot soldiers?? It weights 632 kg!

Some Vasileks were mounted on MT-LB transporter. In this version they are very similar to AMOS.

The Infantry
The Infantry is a service made up primarily of foot soldiers and light armored vehicles armed with personal and crew-served weapons. The Infantry is the oldest continually operating service in Quirin history, dating from the days of the Revolution. The Infantry is a maneuvering Service and the primary responder in the event of war.
Strength: 4 Corps comprising approx 40,000 fighting men each
Standard Issue Equipment:
Camouflage Combat Uniform Model 2007 (MBJ-M07)
Tactical Ballistic Vest Types III and IV (TBV-III, TBV-IV)
SPECTRA Combat Helmet
Combat Boots Designation A1 (BPB-A1)
KM2000 Combat Knife
Cantine
Entrenching Tool
3 M67 Fragmentation Grenades
Standard Issue Armament:
Standard Infantry Rifle: Nikonov AN-94 "Abakan"
Standard Infantry Sidearm: Yarygin PYa / MP-443 "Grach"
Standard Infantry Sniper Rifles: Dragunov SVDK (standard caliber), OSV-96 (large caliber)
Standard Infantry SAW: Kalashnikov RPK (LMG), Kaslahnikov PK Series HMG
Standard Infantry Rocket Launcher: RPG-7, AGS-17 Automatic Grenade Launcher
Vehicles:
Reconnaissance Vehicle: BTR-40
Armored Scout Vehicle: BRDM-2
Infantry Fighting Vehicle: BMP-3 (standard),
Armored Personnel Carrier: BTR-90 (wheeled), MT-LB (tracked)
Light Transport: Ural-4320 Truck, GAZ-2975 High-mobility Multipurpose Vehicle
Stationary MG: Vladimirov KPV-14.5
80mm Mortar: 2B9 Vasilek
Mobile 14.5mm Anti-aircraft Mount: ZPU-4

MSART12.jpg

@500
AMOS can be used by infantry without transport vehicle...cant search an image for that

This was the thread all about that means its relatively the most accommodating weapon of choice at hilly landscapes like of which are the hubs for terrorists

2B9 Vasilek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Soltam is currently providing an automatic breech loading 60mm mortar for the IDF Merkava Mk4. France has the THOMSON-BRANDT 60MM GUN MORTAR LR, the THOMSON-BRANDT 60 MC HB and the MCB-81, an 81 mm gun-mortar. These arre fitted to the turrets of some armoured cars,

I guess the closest thing is the H&K GMG wich is being used heavily by us army and nato, its also mounted in almost every german vehicle in a-stan

40_KRKK_2005_Heckler_Koch_GMG_-_Finnish_Army.jpg

fennek.jpg
pak army is using this system already the gernade launcher look in the war on terror videos u ll se it

^^ SABER the weapon I posted was very economical in nature than then this grenade launcher & also provides a greater range with a parabolic pathway; must have in our northern areas

Back
Top Bottom