What's new

Another lesson for Pakistanis

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MUMBAI: The Central Organising Committee (COC) of the 2011 World Cup Tuesday recommended that India should host eight of the 14 cricket matches that were scheduled to take place in Pakistan.
The COC met in Mumbai to provide the ICC Board with a recommendation as to where, within Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka, the 14 matches originally allocated to Pakistan should be staged.
Pakistan, which was removed as one of the host countries by the International Cricket Council (ICC) due to security situations, skipped the COC meeting.
The COC said that Sri Lanka will host the remaining four and Bangladesh two. India will now hosts 29 matches, Sri Lanka 12 and Bangladesh eight.
The COC recommendations will now be forwarded to the ICC Board for final approval. It was also decided that Mumbai will be the secretariat of the tournament. Ratnakar Shetty, Board of Control for Cricket in India's (BCCI) chief administrative officer, was appointed the tournament director.
"We had a good, productive meeting. There is much hard work to be done but we are confident we are now well on the way, with operational plans in place to become effective from the start of August. Moving forward, the COC will meet on a regular basis with everyone committed to a successful event, something we are confident we can achieve," Shetty said in a statement
A total of 13 venues will be used for the tournament with eight of those in India, three in Sri Lanka and two in Bangladesh. All venues for matches will be announced in due course
Bangladesh will now stage two of the four quarter-finals, and India and Sri Lanka one each. The two semi-finals will be staged in India and Sri Lanka, and the final in India.
The COC also recommended that a security directorate be formed under the chairmanship of BCCI president Shashank Manohar. It also said that a committee under the chairmanship of N.Srinivasan, the BCCI secretary, will take charge of the issues of inspecting venues and pitches. Preliminary inspections are likely to take place in October.

India to host Pakistan's eight World Cup matches - Top Stories - Cricket - SPORTS - The Times of India

( I wish Bangladesh and Srilanka support Pakistan in ICC, But.......We have very high concern about helping others and in return, a B slap)

we must must don't go for play this world cup.bycate this event and slap them back.ohhhhh my god why not i am head of PCB .

No reason for BD and SL to support Pakistan. The more matches they have locally, the more money to the local cricket board. The only losers are the PCB in this situation. Lapses in security have already been discussed.

As a matter of principle, Pakistan should boycott the WC.

Very sad day for cricket lovers, and humiliating defeat for PCB in sports world. UNACCEPTABLE

I don't watch cricket but who is the chairman for this cricket committee is he a Indian guy? If yes then we know the reason. But if it’s someone else then we should boycott this world cup.

i dont get one thing. wat do we want? we cant host any of the match which makes sense. so let others host our share of matches. we have or will recieve compensation.

i dont get one thing. wat do we want? we cant host any of the match which makes sense. so let others host our share of matches. we have or will recieve compensation.

but hosting wc matches is a nation's pride,you cant compensate for that, my friend........though amazing,i too feel what happenned is unacceptable and unjust to pak........and ego battle is the continuation of the development!

we must must don't go for play this world cup.bycate this event and slap them back.ohhhhh my god why not i am head of PCB .

Don't boycott, Win this World Cup to slap them on their faces

I will be the first one to agree that sport and politics should not be mixed. However this principle has never been followed by politicians on both sides of the border.

At the best of times you will have instances like Rahul/Priyanka Gandhi watching cricket in Lahore stadium or united India/Pakistan team playing in solidarity for Sri lanka as it happened during 96 World cup. On the other hand when the relations are at a low you will have things like these.

Indians got an opportunity to screw over PCB and they took it. The next time Pakistanis get a chance I am sure they will repay with the same token.

On the other hand if/when relations improve then it will be asian bhai-chara again with SL-BD-IND-PAK teaming up to take on the evil goras and the cycle will continue.

Money is not everything, these sport festivals help to bring normal environment in society . Plus thousand of people who can not travel outside the country, they miss live sports.

Well, I would not support Pakistan hosting the World Cup, even though I had made plans at the end of the last World Cup with my Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan and Indian friends that we will go to South Asia together to watch the matches. Of course, that was before the Lahore and Bombay messes happened.

I think it is best for Pakistan to not host these matches. Yes, national pride will be hurt, but this can be fixed by winning the world cup. Once we have ended the threat of terrorism in Pakistan to a reasonable level, we should openly invite officials of the ICC and all other boards to Pakistan and suggewst to host a "friendship-cup" between the top five teams of the time. That will bring back cricket to Pakistan with a bang.

Do not boycott the World Cup simply to teach the ICC a lesson. I don't understand what that will accomplish other than isolating ourselves even further.

I think Pakistan should have been included in deciding which match should go to which country. We could have held our matches in Dubai or Sharjah as alternative venues .

Ijaz butt is chairman PCB now a days.

i think we should boycot matches those matches that are secheduled to play in indian territory. we can call it " DUE TO SECURITY REASONS"
remember what they did with our comedian.

In last worldcup 2003 england refuses to play in Zimbawe and the match was cancelled. we should also refuse to play in india.

Harare farce brings new squabble - Telegraph

Indian cricket board has tried its best to isolate PCB and Pakistan in cricket . our players were kicked out from IPL and now is trying its best to take away this tornamaent.

also, Ijaz butt chairman PCB has filed a case against ICC.

but hosting wc matches is a nation's pride,you cant compensate for that, my friend........though amazing,i too feel what happenned is unacceptable and unjust to pak........and ego battle is the continuation of the development!

i have to disagree with you here jako, What happened IS acceptable and justifyable. yes, it may be about national pride for pakistanis BUT foriegners, those who come to play, doesnt have to risk their life for Pakistan's national pride do they?:disagree:

Ohhhh get over all this whining .........

guys its a known fact - PAKISTAN is not safe place for cricket and i think we dont need no rocket science to prove it.

so make a bridge and get over it will ya ?

It has nothing to do with bcci or srilanka board or bdcb . i mean if pakistan could host game why would icc , let bcci take it. Its just a way to blame indian side for their own problem.

India board might be friggin worst of them all . but in this case they didnt do much for pakistani worries, infact its very wise to not let no game in pakistan. it would have brought lot of shame if some - situation similer to lanka hostage thing would have happned.

so stop whining and enjoy the cricket - its plain dumb and stupid to not let Pakistani team in world cup . what would pakistan achieve out of it ? they should get compensation and should be very happy with it. may be this year they can put the best they got and next time around they get bigger share of matches.

Back
Top Bottom