What's new

Another defect in Arjun

Yes thats what i was referring to. Defects where there and were solved thats what the LS was told.
There has been a long history about defects and there fixing but every time we hear of new defects surfacing in every field trial.
We have never heard any favorable remarks from Army cheif on record.

There has been a long history about defects and there fixing but every time we hear of new defects surfacing in every field trial.

I dont know about Chief's remarks. But after the field trials, there were lots of good things being said abt Arjun, even these defects i mean the suspension stuff was mentioned.

Ya. That is why they have field trials. To weed out the defects.

Sheesh people. Stop jumping every time there is a defect detected.

can you post some links where the Indian Army has praised the Arjun?

can you post some links where the Indian Army has praised the Arjun?

Is there any report around where IA has praised a weapon system?

Would this "praise" be enough to prove it is "combat capable"?

I dont see how a army praising a weapon system in press is an indication of ability of the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
key, the word 'dud' is taken from Indian Express article written by Shiv Arror, The trend behind such report is they will either mention retd xyz says or a unnamed officer said, I find it hard to believe in such claims when it is very common the amount of internal corruption regarding arms deal and subsequent psy-ops is lashed out.

key, the word 'dud' is taken from Indian Express article written by Shiv Arror, The trend behind such report is they will either mention retd xyz says or a unnamed officer said, I find it hard to believe in such claims when it is very common the amount of internal corruption regarding arms deal and subsequent psy-ops is lashed out.

Batman, the SUSPENSION DID NOT FAILED as claimed by many, Batman your utopian claims was previously proved wrong by me, the actual problem was with some of the LRU's which is SPECIFICALLY mentioned in parliamentary report, the LRU deals with parts of suspension and some other components.

8000 kms of run has cleared any suspension issues, get real, you think the developers would give army to trial a tank without checking its suspension even after this much delays?

Well the question is then when will it be rolled out to combat units?

A word to the wise here, any article by Siv Aroor is not worth the paper its printed on or the bandwidth used to post it anywhere on the internet. So please dont post his articles.

Well the question is then when will it be rolled out to combat units?

Yes 124 will come and will be completely combat ready, future orders I'm sorry I have no prompt information about it, perhaps another kargil is needed. The army took over 15 years or so to buy artillary still it has floated fresh tenders go figure out! It wont buy the bofors even if it is the best when congress will be in power and it will buy bofors when BJP will be in power..., There is HUGE internal rivalry over Arjun and T series, Lets hope for the best.

There is HUGE internal rivalry over Arjun and T series, Lets hope for the best.

And this rivalry forced DRDO to produce a tank full of problems.
If you look at the history of problems, I'm sorry to say but it can't go any worst.

The world knows better about Project "Arjun" :cheers: Everything is crystal clear.

Back
Top Bottom