What's new

Analyzing Pakistan's need for effective Counter Stealth

You need to have a principle threat,only then you assess its ability to inflict damage to your defenses in a way...only then you decide what suits your needs....only then you go and acquire those systems and training/tactics.

Pakistan is investing in a fire and forget, IADN and Electronic Warfare Ranges, because we have Rafales,MKIs and SMTs [4th Gen Fighters] to be kept at bay...then we have to maintain a potent flying wing to counter those threats on our terms. It should reduce the burden on PAF so it could focus on more advanced threats in the future ie PAK-FA/AMCA for which we will acquire a 5th generation platform, some time in the next 10-15 years.

bro can you explain more about fire and forget system and other systems, i am will be happy if you teach me :) i am not expert but eager to learn :agree:
@AUSTERLITZ you too bro, i see you are expert :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bro can you explain more about fire and forget system and other systems, i am will be happy if you teach me :) i am not expert but eager to learn :agree:
@AUSTERLITZ you too bro, i see you are expert :)

No i'm not expert mate,i just try to learn from articles i come accross and visit lots of defence forums.

Fire and forget means a type of misile guidance which does not require further guidance after launch such as illumination of the target.Usually parent radar has to 'paint' the target all the way after missile is launched till missile hits target,the disadvantage is target knows it is being targeted through radar warning reciever and will react.
Another advantage is with fire and forget launcher doesn't need to be in line of sight of target[talking about ATGMs]

In fire and forget after launch missile guides itself without help from parent radar by means of gyroscopes,Laser,GPS[Ususally,for long range ground attack misisles and cruise missiles]infra red guidance[IR] or its own radar[active guidance].

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just 70% sure that PAC might have joined the F-60/J-31 program when China had started it, and I can hope so that it will on production line along with its dual seat in 2020 but may be some year earlier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom