What's new

American Thoughts on Living in India

A coworker just returned from India. He went there because he married an Indian-American and went to visit her family some where in India. He said that India is so backward and dirty that he won't go back there again.

But this does not mean that no Americans would like to live in India. But for most Americans that are comfortable with modern amenities such as using a toilet, India would not be a good place to live. But for a very few that do not mind doing things such as defecating in the public (sorry, can't think of a better example), India would be tolerable. The food would be awesome. The people would be nice. As long as they are willing to put up with other stuff.

A coworker just returned from India. He went there because he married an Indian-American and went to visit her family some where in India. He said that India is so backward and dirty that he won't go back there again.

But this does not mean that no Americans would like to live in India. But for most Americans that are comfortable with modern amenities such as using a toilet, India would not be a good place to live. But for a very few that do not mind doing things such as defecating in the public (sorry, can't think of a better example), India would be tolerable. The food would be awesome. The people would be nice. As long as they are willing to put up with other stuff.

Its fun to potty in public,with the morning breeze brushing your bum.It swings your ba**s as well.But the problem is you have to do it nearby a pond.If you get what i mean.Contact the Chinese consulate in India,they also do it, nearby their custom made pond.

Its fun to potty in public,with the morning breeze brushing your bum.It swings your ba**s as well.But the problem is you have to do it nearby a pond.If you get what i mean.Contact the Chinese consulate in India,they also do it, nearby their custom made pond.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! EPIC!!

On a serious note, I agree with this. Even Buddha got enlightment while pottying on an Indian Railways track somewhere near Gaya.

Ok boys and girls the reason I was out for so many days was because I am currently in mumbai after tooo many years so here is my experience in past week as I arrived last week....
I live in south mumbai so it has old sort of buildings but its good. But traffic and road crossing always gives me a heart attack damn its intense. Catching a bus is also intense as they dont stop for you if ypur climbing or getting down. Irony how I noticed a sign on the bus saying donot get down or get in while the bus is moving.
As I am tanned out and even if I look a dash of japanese no one really cares they think I am indian lol. So they ask me where to go taxi drivers as if I am local. NB I am a nutcase as I dress in ragged clothes so some people do think I am poor best way to get a discount.
been to CST as my great grand parents live there. I am travelling solo so its been quite a week.
People sorry but here usually posh people speak funny english always gives you a smile on your face they have that indianrtouch it makes it funny sorry no offence but its just hilarious. So far its good as it is rainy. Walk on marine drive is also good. So I do agree its a love hate with India. I hate the mala mahit nahin attitude a lot by those damn taxi drivers. Its also annoying well that I know I have to adjust when they tell me the pricing in hindi/ marathi and I stand stunned so here is my experience so far more to ome

Hope you have a good trip. Show your kids the world, learn new languages and meet new people. Thats real parenting.

On a serious note, an Indian director has made a documentary about the public defecating culture in India. A friend of mine who a Brit Indian narrated a story of the 1st visit he had made to Mumbai and was assaulted by the sight of a tens of people on both sides of the road shitting in the open. It was shocking for me to hear this. I said to him that he was exaggerating but he replied that tough he is embarrassed to be telling me this, but it was true.

Unfortunately public sanitation is piss poor (pardon the pun) in all third world countries.

Yes I agree public sanitation and health care for the poor is shocking in India, I have been doing research on India and yes it is below a lot of the African countries as well. Hopefully things are changing, I was watching a doco on India and they said that India spends aro8und $4 per person on health care and that's just not good enough.

But hopefully things are changing, they are spending a trillion dollars on infrastructure etc, but I think India really needs to concentrate on public health and sanitation, I am sure things are getting better, I am an outsider so I cannot judge, but a lot of stats from the UN etc show India has a long way to go.

Oh really if they love you guys so much why aint they make hindi one of the compulsory languages at school?

New national curriculum 'to make languages compulsory from seven'

Under Mr Gove's plans, primary schools could offer lessons in Mandarin, Latin and Greek, as well as French, German and Spanish from September 2014.

BBC News - New national curriculum 'to make languages compulsory from seven'

High IQ gentleman,

How come you conclude that if westerners hates Pakistan/Islam or even china, then that means they are in love with India?? Please Please educate this low IQ indian.

And there disinterest in learning hindi is because of indian efficiency in English language.

What was the place in India he visited?

Back
Top Bottom