What's new

American Lt Col Caught carrying weapon on Islamabad airport

You want one person to suffer for the alleged transgressions of another, presumably because you see the two as part of the same "tribe".

Not a laughing matter, o "Leader".

you mean raymond davis type are all pulled out by CIA?

Bullets recovered from US colonel at airport

The Airport Security Forces (ASF) recovered bullets of 9-mm pistol from the luggage of US Army’s Lieutenant Colonel at Benazir Bhutto Islamabad International Airport (BBIIAP) and detained him for some time, an official said here on Friday.
The ASF seized the bullets and let the detainee colonel fly to USA, sources added.“The passenger has been identified as Willie James Jackson, Lt Col in US Army,” said the official. Although his baggage had been scanned and cleared by customs officials, manual checks by Airport Security Force personnel yielded eight live bullets of 9mm pistol in one of the bags,” he added.
US Army Lt Col Willie James Jackson was booked onto flight KU-206 from Islamabad to USA at 3:00pm, but was detained before he boarded the aircraft, the official said, adding bullets were seized by the authorities while the passenger was allowed to fly to USA. No ASF officer was available for comments despite several attempts made by this scribe.

Bullets recovered from US colonel at airport

ha.

you are now going Indian on the Americans?

cr@pping a headline and using words as "weapon".

Heck this stuff was most likely in "checked" baggage that this poor pathetic solider had no way to access once airborne.

But you had to show the "imaginary" weapon.

And then

people claim that they belong to the so called party that wants to uphold "justice"

hahah

or perhaps a rouge police inspector could of had thrown him into cell and let the media have a field day.

Police can just say Umrikan had violated the LAW of the Land. Yankees always get away with that excuse.

but then the poor police guy will loose his job !:hitwall:

What's the big news? Isn't carrying live ammo in checked luggage legal in either Pakistan or India?

Indeed them arrogant American get away with anything specially inside Pakistan right on their faces. I guess you can call that the happy state of affairs....:sarcastic:

They run a mock of your countries LAW's

Damn buddy...yeah took advantage of "Qasas" or blood money law... in your case... well the americans don't give a crap abt you or your diplomats... who are body cavity searched n put behind bars...:lol:... So much for shiny india...... :lol:

P.S: The col could be a military attaché or something.. and was carrying a few rounds in his "baggage" not weapons ... And i dnt think our "law" considered tht illegal? i could be wrong though..

What's the big news? Isn't carrying live ammo in checked luggage legal in either Pakistan or India?

CAA Pakistan rules:
For the safety of our passengers and aircraft, passengers are prohibited from carrying the following items in either checked or hand baggage:

• Weapons, Explosives, munitions, fireworks, and flares
  • Security-type cases/boxes incorporating goods such as lithium batteries or pyrotechnics
  • Compressed gases (flammable, non-flammable, or poisonous) such as butane, propane, aqualung cylinders, lighter fuels, or refills
  • Oxidizing substances such as bleaching powder and peroxides
  • Flammable liquids such as paints and adhesives
  • Flammable solids such as safety matches and articles which are easily ignited
  • Disabling devices such as mace or pepper sprays, with irritant properties
  • Poisons such as arsenic, cyanides, or insecticides
  • Radioactive Materials
  • Corrosive materials such as mercury (which may be contained in thermometers or blood pressure gauges,) acids, alkalis, and wet cell batteries
  • Any other substances which, during a flight, present a danger not covered above, such as magnetized, offensive, or irritating materials
Lighters (butane, absorbed fuel, electric, battery-powered, and novelty lighters) are not to be carried in the carry-on and checked baggage.

Should have harassed him a bit and then let him go.
You know put him in a prison with drug addicts and so on.
na man we are not US of A .. we cant cavity search them. last time we kept RD, the president Obama lied from his face saying RD was a diplomat and then CIA just executed 40 tribesmen meeting up in a local gathering in the city.

Indeed them arrogant American get away with anything specially inside Pakistan right on their faces. I guess you can call that the happy state of affairs....:sarcastic:

They run a mock of your countries LAW's
they get stopped and their weapons are confiscated routinely..

4 US officials briefly detained in Peshawar for illegally carrying weapons – The Express Tribune
PESHAWAR: Law enforcement agencies in Peshawar intercepted two US Consulate vehicles on the Motorway and recovered small arms in large quantity. The Four US diplomats, their three Pakistani drivers and staffers detained, were later released.

most of them are contractors on guard duties of the American staff... our KP province has many American missions that are involved in rehabilitation and assistance of people. its a wild west of the country.. their arrests are just symbolic. despite all we have had we dont remove the concrete blocks from their Embassies:azn:

And i dnt think our "law" considered tht illegal?

As per Pakistan Arms Ordinance, 1965

It is illegal to be in unlicensed and lawful possession of the following:

ammunition” includes—
(i) ammunition of all types for light and heavy automatic weapons, revolvers, pistols, rifles, carbines, muskets and shotguns;
(ii) ammunition constructed and modified for firing projectiles or gas or smoke containers;
(iii) gun wads, gun flints, percussion-caps, fuses, friction tubes and detonators;
(iv) all types of grenades, bombs, rockets, mines and fuels for flame throwers;
(v) all types of explosives, fulminating material and propellants, including all articles specially designed for torpedo operation and charges;
(vi) all parts of ammunition,

but does not include lead, sulphur or saltpeter;

(b) “arms” includes—
(i) cannon;
(ii) firearms of all types, such as light and heavy automatic and semi-automatic weapons, rifles, carbines, muskets, shotguns (whether single or double barrelled), revolvers, pistols and appliances the object of which is the silencing of fire arms;
[(iii) air pistols, bayonets, swords, sword-sticks, daggers, knives with blades of four inches or more (but not kitchen knives or knives used in good faith for the carrying on of a profession), and flick-knives irrespective of the blade;]
(iv) knuckle-dusters, spears, spear-heads, bows and arrows and parts of arms;

----Update----
Also before this gets out of hand, he could have been using the check in bag as his range bag and forgot about the rounds. People do it all the time, and this sounds like a case of innocent mistake.

A few 9mm rounds is not that serious to detain a U.S. colonel, they probably spoke to Airport CSO and it would smoothed out, besides U.S. Embassy is the only embassy allowed Protocol access inside Islamabad Airport, no other embassy has the privileged.

Last edited:
Well you can arrest them if your country is fixed. People are getting killed left & right & there seems no law & order. Rulers don't got clue how to rule(or are busy in "other" stuff). And you wanna arrest an "Amrikan".:usflag::lol:

Don't get me wrong...i want Pakistanis to stand united & pressure govt to ensure law & order.:pakistan:

During Zardari era Americans were not even searched, do not forget the visa scam of Haqqani, which was tackled by the victimized ISI chief, Pasha!

Incorrect title, it wasn't a weapon.

I'm not sure what the big deal is, nobody was in any danger. I check my pistols and rifle with ammo at the airport multiple times per year.

Obviously, you are an American.

Incorrect title, it wasn't a weapon.

I'm not sure what the big deal is, nobody was in any danger. I check my pistols and rifle with ammo at the airport multiple times per year.

Don't worry guy!

There are few people who have to get their frustration out by doing handjob such as wrong and flame bait threads and subject lines.

This is how they can take dump and relieve themselves.

So just ignore them.

peace

Back
Top Bottom