What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Assalam alaikum

someone is saying the troops might have provoked the nato forces, pak troops were well inside our borders and nato had no right to come inside our borders

lanat uss baighariti per

TARIQ

Yea i think any helicopter or plane that is atleast 4-6KM away from any sovereign country has to report to that country, why did NATO helis didn't report.

Yea i think any helicopter or plane that is atleast 4-6KM away from any sovereign country has to report to that country, why did NATO helis didn't report.

Why would the enemy report. Please dont be so gullible and realize who is the enemy.

Hi Omar - I have been away on business for a couple of days. Heard the terrible news of the sad sad loss of these soldiers. My heart goes out to the lost ones and of course the families too. What i am disappointed but not surprised is the lack of respect some moronic morons have in even threads like this. They should be thoroughly disgusted with themselves and their families should disown what they are. In certain moments like this if people are unable to feel the sadness or the passions in your heart for moments like this they should stop pretending to have any emotions and feelings for their nation of origin. Is it any wonder people like solomon2 look apon him as a friend? Is it any wonder all Pakistanis are disliking his behavior. I would request MastanKhan to revoke his title as an opinionator as i would be thoroughly ashamed to be in the same bracket as him.

I agree. These inferior slaves are just as an enemy as those people who killed the innocent soldiers.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

PN - I know of people like this they become more American than Americans. The fact that he is fully aware at the sensitivity of this thread and is still able to be so cold and oblivious to the emotions and feelings we all have with this thread. Ashamed - yes indeed thats something he is. Embarassment - yes indeed thats something he is. Disgrace? - In my opinion yes thats something he must feel he is - just my opinion - I will let you guys decide for yourselves how this attention seeking chap should be treated.

And you know the funny part. Americans dont even accept them as their own no matter how much they bend over. They are such losers. I feel pity for them, identityless slaves with severe inferiority complex.

There is obviously more to this incident, Pakistan Army and Government isn't divulging all the details to its public.

As I already mentioned earlier, as per the ISAF press release, their base in Dand Patan, Paktia province was under mortar fire. They called in the air support to take care of the mortar fire, which resulted in this attack on Pakistan base(knowingly or accidentally.)

The distance between Dand Patan and Mohamand Agency where the attack took place, is atleast 175 Km! Now no mortar in the world has that sorta range. Not even rockets like Smerch!

Seal the supply routes permanently. Not 1 week, not 1 month, but PERMANENTLY.

The other supply routes are fraught with their own 'costs'. The only way America can continue its Afghan operations will be by giving massive concessions to Russia and Medvedev will demand his pound of flesh. The Russians will play hardball -- especially with the missile shield drama in Eastern Europe -- and the Chinese are more than eager to pay back for America's Pacific shenanigans.

Let this incident go down in history as the beginning of the chain that resulted in NATO's ignominious retreat from Afghanistan. That will be the best revenge for the deaths of these martyrs.

Asalaam alikum wr wb;

Perfect response...exactly my thought. All supply routes must be permanently closed. And 25 martyred Pak soldiers blood must be compensated equally, blood for blood !

Asalaam alikum wr wb;

Perfect response...exactly my thought. All supply routes must be permanently closed. And 25 martyred Pak soldiers blood must be compensated equally, blood for blood !

Please note, I am NOT asking for a military response. I am specifically advocating a civil disobedience movement to block the routes PERMANENTLY regardless of what the Pak army, government or anyone else does.

The time for explanations, investigations and apologies has passed. We KNOW the NATO aircraft were 2.5 km inside Pak airspace. That's all the 'explanation' we need.

Please note, I am NOT asking for a military response. I am specifically advocating a civil disobedience movement to block the routes PERMANENTLY regardless of what the Pak army, government or anyone else does.

The time for explanations, investigations and apologies has passed. We KNOW the NATO aircraft were 2.5 km inside Pak airspace. That's all the 'explanation' we need.

Has not IK already tried the blockage via "dharnas"? How successful were they? Why would it be any different now?

Pakistan has ordered a review of all co-operation with the US and Nato after the alliance struck a Pakistani army checkpoint, killing at least 24 people.

A committee chaired by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani also decided to cut supply lines to Nato in Afghanistan.

A Nato spokesman admitted it was "highly likely" that Nato aircraft were behind the strike at the Afghan border.

The US has stressed the importance of its relationship and said it fully backed Nato's plan to investigate.

Nato's Brig Gen Carsten Jacobson sent condolences to Pakistan and said the alliance was investigating how the incident occurred.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

US Vows Full Probe Into Pakistan Border Incident

By ANDREW MIGA Associated Press

WASHINGTON November 27, 2011 (AP)

The Obama administration on Saturday pledged a full investigation into a NATO attack that allegedly killed 24 Pakistani troops.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta in a joint statement offered their "deepest condolences" for the loss of life in the cross-border incident in Pakistan. Clinton and Panetta also said they "support fully NATO's intention to investigate immediately."

Secretary Clinton, Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. John Allen, commander of the NATO-led coalition forces in Afghanistan, each called their Pakistani counterparts as well, the statement said.

U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter also met with Pakistani government officials in Islamabad.

"In their contacts, these US diplomatic and military leaders each stressed -- in addition to their sympathies and a commitment to review the circumstances of the incident -- the importance of the US-Pakistani partnership, which serves the mutual interests of our people," the statement said.

"All these leaders pledged to remain in close contact with their Pakistani counterparts going forward as we work through this challenging time," the statement concluded.

The incident was a major blow to American efforts to rebuild an already tattered alliance vital to winding down the 10-year-old Afghan war. It was the latest in a series of setbacks to the alliance, often caused by border incidents.

Islamabad called the bloodshed in one of its tribal areas a "grave infringement" of the country's sovereignty.

If confirmed, it would be the deadliest friendly fire incident by NATO against Pakistani troops since the Afghan war began a decade ago.

A NATO spokesman said it was likely that coalition airstrikes caused Pakistani casualties, but an investigation was being conducted to determine the details.

The relationship between Pakistan and the U.S. has severely deteriorated over the last year, especially following the covert American raid that killed Osama bin Laden in a Pakistani garrison town in May. Islamabad was outraged it wasn't told about the operation beforehand.

The border issue is a major source of tension between Islamabad and Washington, which is committed to withdrawing its combat troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

Much of the violence in Afghanistan is carried out by insurgents who are based just across the border in Pakistan. Coalition forces are not allowed to cross the frontier to attack the militants. However, the militants sometimes fire artillery and rockets across the line, reportedly from locations close to Pakistani army posts.

US Vows Full Probe Into Pakistan Border Incident - ABC News

Has not IK already tried the blockage via "dharnas"? How successful were they? Why would it be any different now?

Those were temporary blockages; I am suggesting a permanent blockade. No more NATO supplies. Period.

The politicians will do whatever's on the back of their checks; the military will be under pressure to de-escalate the situation. That is why this blockade must be a civil disobedience movement regardless of the Pak establishment -- in defiance if necessary.

Let NATO find its way by giving concessions to Russia and complicating its Eastern European relations. Let the US administration earn their pay for once.

History of NATO violation on Pakisan airspace

The helicopters of the North American Treaty Organisation (NATO) have violated Pakistan's airspace on several occasions, some of which were fatal for Pakistan's troops.

Last month, two helicopters intruded several kilometres inside Pakistan territory in Datta Khel town at about 2:00 am.

Pakistani troops and 'Coalition' helicopters exchanged fire along the Afghan-Pakistani border, resulting in injuries to two Pakistani troops.

On November 3, 2010, Nato helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace near the Pak-Afghan border in the areas of Burkha and Kharlacha of the Kurram Agency.

The gunship helicopters came 600 metres inside Pakistan border and, after flying in the area for 10 minutes, retreated towards Afghanistan.

On September 30, 2010, Nato helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace and attacked twice in Kurram Agency, killing three security personnel and injuring three others.

On December 27, 2010, two Nato helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace by entering the Landi Kotal area of Khyber Agency bordering Afghanistan.

Earlier, on July 26, 2009, Nato gunship helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace by intruding into Landi Kotal area near Pak-Afghan boarder.

The helicopters went back after flying in Pakistan's airspace for some time.

July 23, 2008, two Nato aircraft intruded into Pakistani territory in North Waziristan, In September 2008, Nato helicopters violated Pak-Afghan border.

Pakistani government did not retaliate properly, due to which NATO troops freely enter into Pakistan territory when they want and attack troops, sometimes resulting in casualties.

Those were temporary blockages; I am suggesting a permanent blockade. No more NATO supplies. Period.

The politicians will do whatever's on the back of their checks; the military will be under pressure to de-escalate the situation. That is why this blockade must be a civil disobedience movement regardless of the Pak establishment -- in defiance if necessary.

Let NATO find its way by giving concessions to Russia and complicating its Eastern European relations. Let the US administration earn their pay for once.

I think that the civil dis-obedience movement to permanently block the supply routes such as that you mention will be a failure.

Tensions Flare Between U.S. and Pakistan After Strike

By SALMAN MASOOD and ERIC SCHMITT

Published: November 26, 2011

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Pakistani officials said on Saturday that NATO aircraft had killed at least 25 soldiers in strikes against two military posts at the northwestern border with Afghanistan, and the country’s supreme army commander called them unprovoked acts of aggression in a new flash point between the United States and Pakistan.

The Pakistani government responded by ordering the Central Intelligence Agency to vacate the drone operations it runs from Shamsi Air Base, in western Pakistan, within 15 days. It also closed the two main NATO supply routes into Afghanistan, including the one at Torkham. NATO forces receive roughly 40 percent of their supplies through that crossing, which runs through the Khyber Pass, and Pakistan gave no estimate for how long the routes might be shut down.

In Washington, American officials were scrambling to assess what had happened amid preliminary reports that allied forces in Afghanistan engaged in a firefight along the border with insurgents and called in airstrikes. Senior Obama administration officials were also weighing the implications on a relationship that took a sharp turn for the worse after a Navy Seal commando raid killed Osama bin Laden near Islamabad in May, and that has deteriorated since then.

“Senior U.S. civilian and military officials have been in touch with their Pakistani counterparts from Islamabad, Kabul and Washington to express our condolences, our desire to work together to determine what took place and our commitment to the U.S.-Pakistan partnership, which advances our shared interests, including fighting terrorism in the region,” said Caitlin Hayden, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council.

In a sign that the White House was trying to keep the situation from growing worse, President Obama was updated regularly throughout the day by Thomas E. Donilon, the national security adviser, Ms. Hayden said.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton; Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; and Gen. John R. Allen, the commander of the NATO-led forces in Afghanistan, all talked to their Pakistani counterparts to offer condolences and to promise an investigation, administration officials said.

Mrs. Clinton and Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta issued a joint statement late Saturday endorsing the investigation and offering their “deepest condolences” to Pakistan.

General Allen, in a separate statement, said, “This incident has my highest personal attention and my commitment to thoroughly investigate it to determine the facts.”

The strikes, which Pakistani officials said involved both helicopters and fighter jets, took place overnight at two military posts in Salala, a village in Pakistan’s Mohmand tribal region near the border with Kunar Province in Afghanistan. At least 40 soldiers were deployed at the posts, Pakistani military officials said, adding that NATO aircraft had penetrated roughly a mile and a half into Pakistan to make the strikes.

What remained unclear on Saturday, and what will be a main focus of NATO’s inquiry, was what exactly prompted the airstrikes and whether they were unprovoked or resulted from a communications mishap. A NATO spokesman, Brig. Gen. Carsten Jacobson, offered details suggesting that allied and Afghan troops operating near the border came under fire from unknown enemies and summoned coalition warplanes for help.

“In the early night hours of this morning, a force consisting of Afghan forces and coalition forces, in the eastern border area where the Durand Line is not always 100 percent clear, got involved in a firefight,” General Jacobson said, according to a transcript of his statements on NATO TV that the alliance provided American officials on Saturday. (The Durand Line is the colonial-era boundary between Pakistan and Afghanistan.)

“Air force was called in into this activity,” he said, “and we have to look into this situation of what actually happened on the ground.”

But several American and allied military, diplomatic and intelligence officials contacted on Saturday said it was unclear what threat, real or perceived, led to the airstrikes or why the allied aircraft fired on the Pakistani troops. “It’s real murky right now,” one senior American official said. “Clearly, something went very wrong.”

Such cross-border attacks have been at the heart of an increasingly hostile relationship between Pakistani and American officials. The United States has demanded that Pakistan do more to stop militants based in its territory, particularly from the feared Haqqani network and Al Qaeda, from crossing into Afghanistan to attack American forces. And United States forces in eastern Afghanistan say they have taken more mortar and rocket fire from positions at or near active Pakistani military posts in recent months, despite complaints to Pakistan about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/w...nato-helicopters-kill-dozens-of-soldiers.html

Let us put it this way, had Pakistani air force entered Afghanistan and attacked US/NATO camps inside Afghanistan the same number of times as they did in Pakistan, what would be the response of US/NATO? and what is our response?

They care too much for their soldiers life that they would have left no stone moved to give Pakistan one of the hardest lesson if not the hardest lesson in Pakistan's history, but we only block the route and asked them to evacuate a base only to allow it to open again as it happened earlier also after the US throws a bag of meat (US $) to it's dogs in Pakistan (civilian or military).

History of NATO violation on Pakisan airspace

The helicopters of the North American Treaty Organisation (NATO) have violated Pakistan's airspace on several occasions, some of which were fatal for Pakistan's troops.

Last month, two helicopters intruded several kilometres inside Pakistan territory in Datta Khel town at about 2:00 am.

Pakistani troops and 'Coalition' helicopters exchanged fire along the Afghan-Pakistani border, resulting in injuries to two Pakistani troops.

On November 3, 2010, Nato helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace near the Pak-Afghan border in the areas of Burkha and Kharlacha of the Kurram Agency.

The gunship helicopters came 600 metres inside Pakistan border and, after flying in the area for 10 minutes, retreated towards Afghanistan.

On September 30, 2010, Nato helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace and attacked twice in Kurram Agency, killing three security personnel and injuring three others.

On December 27, 2010, two Nato helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace by entering the Landi Kotal area of Khyber Agency bordering Afghanistan.

Earlier, on July 26, 2009, Nato gunship helicopters violated Pakistan's airspace by intruding into Landi Kotal area near Pak-Afghan boarder.

The helicopters went back after flying in Pakistan's airspace for some time.

July 23, 2008, two Nato aircraft intruded into Pakistani territory in North Waziristan, In September 2008, Nato helicopters violated Pak-Afghan border.

Pakistani government did not retaliate properly, due to which NATO troops freely enter into Pakistan territory when they want and attack troops, sometimes resulting in casualties.

No Angoor Adda, no OBL raid?

Can we imagine if US base would have attacked by some crazy Pakistani and 20 US soldiers would have been killed then US would have not think twice to consider it a war on america

But But they were not american soldiers

Back
Top Bottom