What's new

American ambassador enjoyed Halwa Puri and Lassi, a traditional Lahori breakfast

Well the most popular is Sugi ka Halwa which is made from Semolina. The Daal halwa is made in Pakistan from Moong Daal, but Sugi is cheaper and far more popular.

Ahh. Not too different then. We have both the versions. The Moong daal halwa is usually served in weddings. Mostly Hindu weddings. I like Sooji one better.

There's another one that we have here. Its made of Atta only. Its normally served in Gurudwaras. We call it Karaha Prashad. Dont know if you'd have tried that.

Also you ain't tried halwa unless you try Mianwali's Panthey Ka Halwa. OMG!
Really? Whats Panthey? I know Mianwali though. Thats the place Imran Khan is from, right?

Ahh. Not too different then. We have both the versions. The Moong daal halwa is usually served in weddings. Mostly Hindu weddings. I like Sooji one better.

There's another one that we have here. Its made of Atta only. Its normally served in Gurudwaras. We call it Karaha Prashad. Dont know if you'd have tried that.

Also you ain't tried halwa unless you try Mianwali's Panthey Ka Halwa. OMG!
Really? Whats Panthey? I know Mianwali though. Thats the place Imran Khan is from, right?

I tired some indian Doodhi Halwa that was awesome. BTW pantha is Pumpkin. Makes Awesome Halwa and yeah Mianwali is the home of the Niazi's including Imran Khan.

I tired some indian Doodhi Halwa that was awesome. BTW pantha is Pumpkin. Makes Awesome Halwa and yeah Mianwali is the home of the Niazi's including Imran Khan.

You guys call it Pantha huh? We call it Kaddu or Petha. There's sweet called Petha thats made from Pumpkin. Agra is famous for that. They make many varieties of it.

You know, one of the biggest incentives for me to visit Pakistan, apart from visiting Nankana Sahib of course, is to try out all the food you guys have. I have heard of lots of stories of non-veg stuff from your side from my relatives who have visited in the past. I especially want to try the Bun-kebabs. I have heard Karachi is famous for that.

Oh i miss the mornings of Pakistan too, we are from Karachi. I remember my childhood days, saturdays & sundays were school holidays so our grand father bring garma garam halwa puri, great old childhood days. I personally thinks, if you wanna enjoy the life live in Pakistan. Great culture, great food, great ppl of whole Pakistan, i cannot find any place such as Pakistan in this world. No wonder Pakistan is heaven. YaAllah bring those old peaceful days of Pakistan.

Subcontinental people need to stop this gora worshipping. Do you see an American going all gung ho if an Indian or Pakistani diplomat have breakfast in Burger king? :hitwall:

You guys call it Pantha huh? We call it Kaddu or Petha. There's sweet called Petha thats made from Pumpkin. Agra is famous for that. They make many varieties of it.

You know, one of the biggest incentives for me to visit Pakistan, apart from visiting Nankana Sahib of course, is to try out all the food you guys have. I have heard of lots of stories of non-veg stuff from your side from my relatives who have visited in the past. I especially want to try the Bun-kebabs. I have heard Karachi is famous for that.

Yup Pumpkin is called Kaddu in Karachi too, & petha is a mithai very delicious. Karachi bun-kebabs are really awesome & just 10 rupees(some places 15 too). Burns road is very famous for food in Karachi & Pakistan.

Subcontinental people need to stop this gora worshipping. Do you see an American going all gung ho if an Indian or Pakistani diplomat have breakfast in Burger king? :hitwall:

Yar its not gora worship i can see what your saying and i respect it, but its a morale booster for Pakistan. How many good news come out of our country.

And in the Pakistan of today where the Expat community live in redouts it is refreshing to see a person of his repute and stature eat out in the open at Caprice.

It is symbolic gesture and i for one respect it.

BTW @ K_Bimar, if you do come to Pakistan you should try Mian Gee's Daal. It really is world famous, and as for meat, Peshawar Ander Shere.. That's where it's at.

Its not Gora worshipping, man. He tried local food and enjoyed it. I'd be happy and proud if any expat enjoyed our hospitality.

Damn, lets start a food exchange program. Anybody likes veggies on your side? Lol..!

Me, anything with Kerala or Tori... BTW do you guys eat Kachnar?
kachnar1web.jpg

In Pakistan they make a wonderful dish from this flower it looks like mince meat and tastes really nice served with rice and safron.

Me, anything with Kerala or Tori... BTW do you guys eat Kachnar?
kachnar1web.jpg

In Pakistan they make a wonderful dish from this flower it looks like mince meat and tastes really nice served with rice and safron.

I only know the phrase "Kachi kali Kachnar di.." But thats another interesting topic.. :D

On a serious note, old Bebes in the pind might know about that dish. I will check the next time I visit. Actually I am visiting next weekend. I will surely check.

Back
Top Bottom