What's new

AMCA: Stalled

no offense but these fancy names like super sukhois and now super tejas are laughing stock .....i have left posting in defence section whether it be Pakistani or indian because of the day dreamers ...i dont know whether your media gives such names, or the fan boys or the armed forces but they sound too awful .... even the americans dont call raptors as super raptors leave alone the 4 and 4.5 generation aircrafts to be called as super xyz

on topic it was expected ...an organization struggling to develop a 4th generation aircraft on their own and lingering it for decades now can't develop a high end 5th gen aircraft on its own....

btw better luck with lca and super xyz

When did SUPER Tejas come?....and for the underlined part, Yes we are struggling, butu at the end of the day when we fly couple of those sqadrons, what do you think we will be thinking about any pathetic statements made years back?

Do you know what is Super Sukhoi Upgrade?AFAIK there is no Super Tejas program.

check out this thread , an indian member has posted an article stating super tejas

@Dash ..your answer ^^^

abt lca no comments lol we had enough of it since dont know how long i am coming across similar statements... now i can only hope you can live till the day they are fully inducted and operational... the old syndrome says actions speaks louder than words....for last some decades its only abt words lets c how the actions turn out to be ...best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dash and @gslv mk3

here you go guys ..

Making of Super Tejas (MK-2) | idrw.org

Making of Super Tejas (MK-2)
Published May 1, 2013 | By admin
SOURCE: VINAYAK SHETTY FOR MY TAKE /IDRW.ORG

According to the sources close to idrw.org, ADA and HAL will start working on the first airframe of Tejas MK-2 by end of this year and first flight of Tejas MK-2 is expected by early 2015 and enters service with IAF by 2018.

Tejas MK-2 will be based on Tejas MK-1, But MK-2 will be larger, able to carry more fuel and weapons payload carry more powerful GE-F414-INS6 engines and technologically will be more advanced.

Tejas MK-2 was born when Indian navy wanted a carrier fighter aircraft based on Tejas MK-1 air force variant, Navy wanted more powerful engines to care out carrier take off, Navy also wanted changes in Airframe for carrier role, and IAF sensing an opportunity that a new and better variant of Tejas can be developed based on Indian navy requirements, was quick to grab this opportunity and pressed for development of new variant, even when Tejas MK-1 was able to fulfil ASR of IAF.

Tejas MK-2 will have improved avionics, Upgrade of Flight Control Computers, in flight refuelling retractable probe, On board oxygen generation system and a new Electronic Warfare Suite , to avoid delays to the program , Earlier Tejas Prototype ( PV-1) has been assigned with the MK-2 program and will act has the test bed for MK-2 program.

MK-2 will also get new improved pilot friendly all glass cockpits which will have larger and better screens to reduce pilot fatigue; India has already placed orders with General Electric (GE) for 99 F414-GE-INS6 engines which will produce more thrust than previous F404 engines which power Tejas MK-1. F414-GE-INS6 engines feature a Full Authority Digital Electronic Control (FADEC) system.

Development of AESA radar has already begun but will be integrated with Tejas MK-2 when it is fully certified; leading to speculate that first Block of MK-2 will come with current MMR radar which is already integrated in Tejas MK-1.

so basically mk-2 will be based upon naval LCA which means it shouldn't take much time in development....India has already ordered engines for mk-2 from general electric that's why their is no rush for the kaveri to be developed quickly

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/269126-amca-stalled-5.html#ixzz2bCJLjJ80

i hope next time you guys will check wat your country mates have to say before making the final statement ....btw i started to hate this word "super" sounds so lame

check out this thread , an indian member has posted an article stating super tejas
That article is about LCA mk2,which would have its first flight in 2014.And what about Super Sukhoi ?

abt lca no comments lol we had enough of it since dont know how long i am coming across similar statements... now i can only hope you can live till the day they are fully inducted and operational... the old syndrome says actions speaks louder than words....for last some decades its only abt words lets c how the actions turn out to be ...best of luck

That is what happens when you try to jump from a second generation fighter to a fourth generation fighter.

That article is about LCA mk2,which would have its first flight in 2014.And what about Super Sukhoi ?

That is what happens when you try to jump from a second generation fighter to a fourth generation fighter.

It received IOC 1 in 2011,and IOC 2 is expected this year

@Dash and @gslv mk3

here you go guys ..

i hope next time you guys will check wat your country mates have to say before making the final statement ....btw i started to hate this word "super" sounds so lame

The project for making a mk-2 version of Tejas is already on .

Not any organisation but a news site 'idrw' called it Super Tejas . Nothing else .

@Dash ..your answer ^^^

Thank you. But you know how things work in both India and as well as Pakistan. Leaving the anomalies aside, we made an effort. Provided you had money (you ere at a better position than us when Tejas was conceived) you could have. But rest assured that I will see it in sqadrons in coming years.

being a senior member you will also understand that it wasnt about building Tejas only. It was about building an industry and its capability.

@Dash and @gslv mk3

here you go guys ..

By the way we take IDRW like pinch of salt. Its a blog site and it can say anything it wants. The official about "SUPER" came with Sukhoi and it was used subsequently in media.

We have a colorful media.

Thank you. But you know how things work in both India and as well as Pakistan. Leaving the anomalies aside, we made an effort. Provided you had money (you ere at a better position than us when Tejas was conceived) you could have. But rest assured that I will see it in sqadrons in coming years.

being a senior member you will also understand that it wasnt about building Tejas only. It was about building an industry and its capability.

i never trolled about it...i just presented my point of view regarding the cancellation of AMCA, ... also i was more baffled about this "super" stuff...i think your guys are jumping in too quickly ...

The project for making a mk-2 version of Tejas is already on .

Not any organisation but a news site 'idrw' called it Super Tejas . Nothing else .

I had my reservations about the word itself and not any denial about the work in progress ....thats why i asked who was the one coming up with this word...i believe your armed forces are not too childish to come up with such lame stuff...it was always among the fanboys, media and the organisation itself..

last time during my conversation with an indian member i cam to know through him that even super sukhoi name didnt come from the officials rather media came up with this fancy name ...

i never trolled about it...i just presented my point of view regarding the cancellation of AMCA, ... also i was more baffled about this "super" stuff...i think your guys are jumping in too quickly ...

AMCA is not cancelled but stalled for completion of Tejas . After the MK-1 and MK-2 versions of Tejas will be completed work on AMCA will resume .

I had my reservations about the word itself and not any denial about the work in progress ....thats why i asked who was the one coming up with this word...i believe your armed forces are not too childish to come up with such lame stuff...it was always among the fanboys, media and the organisation itself..

last time during my conversation with an indian member i cam to know through him that even super sukhoi name didnt come from the officials rather media came up with this fancy name ...

No super Sukhoi was a sure shot stuff and calling it such made sense, whiich is why it later got used by armed forces too when they mentioned, I cant find a perticular link though.

But this MK2 LCA is still on design phase and I agree the word Super doesnt fit to it when I dont even know what are its specs than higher this and higher that(nothing concrete so far).

By the way any further upgrades to JF 17 envisaged? Just out of curiosity.

AMCA is not cancelled but stalled for completion of Tejas . After the MK-1 and MK-2 versions of Tejas will be completed work on AMCA will resume .

got wrong with my word selection, btw right way to go .....no need to haste into things when you know you have lingering projects ....its time to absorb the learning before you jump into more advance project.... your guys need to understand neither they are US nor they are China or russia... the should get the work in progress done before riding on to the next one otherwise they may end up with messing up both of them....

Infact stalling is a good idea. But just wondering if they couldnt find a panel (just for further refining the design) to go side by side along side LCA. But if you ask me I dont want AMCA to be further developed and was always against this project. I am saying this from project management POV.

got wrong with my word selection, btw right way to go .....no need to haste into things when you know you have lingering projects ....its time to absorb the learning before you jump into more advance project.... your guys need to understand neither they are US nor they are China or russia... the should get the work in progress done before riding on to the next one otherwise they may end up with messing up both of them....

More than that and technology its our internal systems that cripple it. Simple as that. I give that to our planners.

No super Sukhoi was a sure shot stuff and calling it such made sense, whiich is why it later got used by armed forces too when they mentioned, I cant find a perticular link though.

But this MK2 LCA is still on design phase and I agree the word Super doesnt fit to it when I dont even know what are its specs than higher this and higher that(nothing concrete so far).

By the way any further upgrades to JF 17 envisaged? Just out of curiosity.

thats what an indian member once told me

regarding jf-17 as i told you i havenot been into defence sections lately , so have no info abt wats going on... one of many reasons to leave defence sections was the fanboys from both sides who exaggerate things just for the sake of ego boosting .... so its more abt fanboy stuff lately on these defence sections rather than anything constructive backed by solid facts .... there hasnt been much to learn ...so i occasionally visit the forum just to check whether i have some notifications or not...some old frnds stuff

thats what an indian member once told me

regarding jf-17 as i told you i havenot been into defence sections lately , so have no info abt wats going on... one of many reasons to leave defence sections was the fanboys from both sides who exaggerate things just for the sake of ego boosting .... so its more abt fanboy stuff lately on these defence sections rather than anything constructive backed by solid facts .... there hasnt been much to learn ...so i occasionally visit the forum just to check whether i have some notifications or not...some old frnds stuff

No prb....Nice talking to you.

:Cheers:

The only countries who are capable of come out with a 5G fighter for foreseeable future are US and Russia . Rest countries will either have to the take the help of both of them or will be capable of producing 4.5G fighters in 5G shell .

And you are right . We have to learn to stand before you walk .

Infact stalling is a good idea. But just wondering if they couldnt find a panel (just for further refining the design) to go side by side along side LCA. But if you ask me I dont want AMCA to be further developed and was always against this project. I am saying this from project management POV.

AFAIK , IAF untill now has not shown much interest in AMCA . But OTOH , they have real interest in LCA .

They want their entire task force for now to concentrate on LCA which IMO is a very good move .

The most logical decision for AMCA will be to develope it as a naval fighter . The navy will surely want a 5G fighter in its carrier inventory especially from CATOBAR IAC-2 onwards . So even if in the future IAF shows interest , developing a airforce version from a naval fighter is more simple than vice-versa .

Back
Top Bottom