What's new

Alleged anti-north India remark by Chidambaram draws flak

Dude I am not shying away from the fact that South is more developed that the North or South pays more taxes or the North needs to develop faster, work harder etc etc. I'm taking about the mentality of the 'Home Minister of India'. Isn't Orissa or West Bengal also the so called BIMARU states then how come the Home minister finds all the ills in North India (I guess by North India he meant UP and Bihar) time and again

I believe the minister said Northern and Eastern states. What is BIMARU? I am not aware of that term.

South India continues to be economic powerhouse

Bangalore : Southern India continue to be the economic powerhouse of India strongly contributing to its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and employment, a report released today said.

The Report by consultancy firm Mckinsey, released at the Southern Regional Meeting of the Confederation of Indian Industry, said the southern states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Puducherry had the potential to reach a GDP of 500 billion dollar by 2015 and 650 billion dollar by 2020.

The report which focused on 14 high-priority sectors across six industry categories representing 25 to 30 per cent of India's GDP and employment to develop actionable recommendations, suggested that together the Southern states score higher than the national average across several developmental parameters.

The outstanding performance of the past decade (2000 to 2010) across the manufacturing and services clusters placed the region in a strong position for further growth.

SahilOnline English News :: South India continues to be economic powerhouse

south-india.jpg

Well actually he said the truth,its all because of west and south,India is on its dream run.

i guess you forgot the 167 billion of gdp of delhi and the amount of food which is generated from punjab. Did you forget the sugar mills and sugarcane produce from UP. Not to forget the people from the state of UP and BIHAR which actually work in these states which account for their gdp produce.

South India continues to be economic powerhouse

Bangalore : Southern India continue to be the economic powerhouse of India strongly contributing to its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and employment, a report released today said.

The Report by consultancy firm Mckinsey, released at the Southern Regional Meeting of the Confederation of Indian Industry, said the southern states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Puducherry had the potential to reach a GDP of 500 billion dollar by 2015 and 650 billion dollar by 2020.

The report which focused on 14 high-priority sectors across six industry categories representing 25 to 30 per cent of India's GDP and employment to develop actionable recommendations, suggested that together the Southern states score higher than the national average across several developmental parameters.

The outstanding performance of the past decade (2000 to 2010) across the manufacturing and services clusters placed the region in a strong position for further growth.

SahilOnline English News :: South India continues to be economic powerhouse

Only $150B increase in 5 years is a shame, i hope GDP will keep doubling in 5 years for next 30-40 years.

He is the home minister, if he knows this what is he doing about it !!
He is blaming UP and Bihar, and from this statement it seems as if he is wishing if India was only west and south, his govt. would have done much better.

Just one word

LOOSER

Two points :

• He should not have said what he said
  • But what he said is the TRUTH

And this man goes on to favor his region over the other.

Can you point any specific incident to prove this... Not some wikileaks ?

BTW there are plenty of incidents of regionalism by Railways ministers from UP,Bihar and WB. So its not fair blaming regionalism on Chidu alone.

i guess you forgot the 167 billion of gdp of delhi and the amount of food which is generated from punjab. Did you forget the sugar mills and sugarcane produce from UP. Not to forget the people from the state of UP and BIHAR which actually work in these states which account for their gdp produce.

What he meant was they were not performing to their potential.No need to read too much into this. What he meant by development was not agriculture but the manufacturing an services sector.And it is a fact that South and West are the most industrialised areas in the country.

Dude I am not shying away from the fact that South is more developed that the North or South pays more taxes or the North needs to develop faster, work harder etc etc. I'm taking about the mentality of the 'Home Minister of India'. Isn't Orissa or West Bengal also the so called BIMARU states then how come the Home minister finds all the ills in North India (I guess by North India he meant UP and Bihar) time and again

He said, 'Rest of India'. Not specifically North India.

Racist?? How come that's Racist. Isn't this the second time when Chidambaram has made such a statement, the first time being saying crimes in Delhi are because of migrants from UP and Bihar (he himself being a migrant and fact being crimes committed in Delhi by migrants are less than 2%)

Now let's not fool ourself, time and again he is proving that he is a anti-Northee South Indian (as you mentioned the vice versa may be very much true) but this fellow here is suppose to be the Home Minister of 'India'

He specifically did not target North and he praised the West also.

So he must be an anti-North,Central,East,North-East -South,West Indian. :whistle:

There is not much to read in his comments. It is the truth, but we as Indians must work together to set right the faults in our society.Simple as that.

Can you point any specific incident to prove this... Not some wikileaks ?

BTW there are plenty of incidents of regionalism by Railways ministers from UP,Bihar and WB. So its not fair blaming regionalism on Chidu alone.

Well wikileaks cables are independent and credible source of info and nopes never said Chidu is alone but he is one of many morons in our country who be-little their fellow countrymen but he is the Home minister and we expect better

What he meant was they were not performing to their potential.No need to read too much into this. What he meant by development was not agriculture but the manufacturing an services sector.And it is a fact that South and West are the most industrialised areas in the country.

"India would have registered higher growth rates 'if it were the south and west only', because 'the rest of the country held it back'." LOL is he the Home minister or a 16 year old kid?

He specifically did not target North and he praised the West also.

So he must be an anti-North,Central,East,North-East -South,West Indian. :whistle:

There is not much to read in his comments. It is the truth, but we as Indians must work together to set right the faults in our society.Simple as that.

Going by your logic Gujrat and Bihar are growing in excess of 13% and India at 8% thus 'the rest of the country is holding them back' and also this is the second time when mr. Chidambaram has made such a moronic statement the first being crimes in Delhi because of migrants one. Chidambaram is the home minister of India and he should behave like one

My God are all Indian members from south????

I guess no one has idea of the North....:laugh:

Anyway carry on..

Well wikileaks cables are independent and credible source of info and nopes never said Chidu is alone but he is one of many morons in our country who be-little their fellow countrymen but he is the Home minister and we expect better

There is nothing be-littling here. I have already said he should not have said what he said to a foreign dignitary. But what he said is true.

"India would have registered higher growth rates 'if it were the south and west only', because 'the rest of the country held it back'." LOL is he the Home minister or a 16 year old kid?

C'mon dude. there is nothing wrong in accepting the shortcomings. By denying them how can we work to rectify them.

Going by your logic Gujrat and Bihar are growing in excess of 13% and India at 8% thus 'the rest of the country is holding them back' and also this is the second time when mr. Chidambaram has made such a moronic statement the first being crimes in Delhi because of migrants one. Chidambaram is the home minister of India and he should behave like one

Gujrat was included in the West part of India. And what is happening in Bihar is a recent one while the statements of Chidu date back to 2008. And even then leaving out bihar what about the other Northern,Central and Eastern states barring Punjab?

If this statement of Chidambaram is so offensive, acronyms like BIMARU should have never been made. Looks like some of these guys were waiting for him to say something negative about N.India so that they could blame him for regionalism .

If this statement of Chidambaram is so offensive, acronyms like BIMARU should have never been made. Looks like some of these guys were waiting for him to say something negative about N.India so that they could blame for regionalism .

Exactly. And what amused me most was the protest by the SP on this. If they had spent half their time in power actually developing UP, why would anyone say like this ? Fools. All these politicians can think of is having vendetta on the previous politicians,building their statues and pampering their votebanks without actually doing anything to develop them.

Atleast Bihar has shown some promise under Nitish. Chhatisgarh and MP are also gaining under the BJP. But the most worrying factor is the UP politics. They are the most populous state in India but the politicians are just crooks in every walk of life,. Bengal is also another case for concern. All they need is one good politician like Nitish/Modi and the state will start flourishing. The people are capable. But the politicians are just scum.

Lol at all these North-South comments. I know we are a diverse country and are proud of our "Unity in Diversity" but really, its pathetic how we try and play this game of oneupmanship over others.

Ask any Chinese where he/she is from, he/she will say China!
Ask any Pakistani they country of origin, they will say Pakistan.
For that matter ask any other country's person, and they will tell you the name of their country!

Ask an Indian where he is from - pat comes the reply - New Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkatta, Mumbai, etc. then maybe followed by India. This a recent observation at a University orientation program!

And people blame everyone else but themselves for this! Let me know who wins this 'superiority' contest, for posterity's sake.

Back
Top Bottom