What's new

Al-Khalid, Type 98, and T-90 Dominate World Tank Market

Arjun MBT didn't meet the objectives so in that it is a failure to achieve desired objectives/parameters.

Otherwise performance wise, IMO Arjun MBT is not bad. This sounds cliche but development of Arjun provides loads of knowhow to the Def scientists and engineers which will help in future endeavours. I don't know if its being done but an introspection of the project will allow CVRDE/DRDO to work on their shortcomings(which are also largely in part due to gross underfunding, abysmally low salaries and red-tapism).

As for Al-Khalid MBT's but if its bought by other countries(which buy quality weapons) then of course it is a landmark achievement and speaks highly of the capabilities of the scientists/engineers involved in the project.

the additions pakistan has made to al-khalid are exactly the features that are selling this tank in the international theatre. to say that pakistan has done nothing for indigenous base is foolish.

pakistan has been able to manufacture tanks for a while now, out of raw materials. they have the R&D base needed to develop a tank, but cost and time is a problem. proof being, turkey has decided to work with pakistan in developing Al-Khalid II MBT which will be based on western designs. joint ventures are the future.

the additions pakistan has made to al-khalid are exactly the features that are selling this tank in the international theatre. to say that pakistan has done nothing for indigenous base is foolish.

pakistan has been able to manufacture tanks for a while now, out of raw materials. they have the R&D base needed to develop a tank, but cost and time is a problem. proof being, turkey has decided to work with pakistan in developing Al-Khalid II MBT which will be based on western designs. joint ventures are the future.

yep... if the project does go ahead, Pakistan contribution to this project will be advanced armor technology, while Turkey with western technology that it already has from existing tanks such as Leopard2 combined will make one hell of a tank in subcontinent!

It also has advanced laser detection system developed by Al Technique Corporation.

From Icecolds post, I could gather only this part to be developed by Pakistan. The DU rounds are also manufactured in Pakistan.

anything more?? I just wanted to know what areas is Pakistan actually working.
Somebody mentioned about armor,what kind of armor is going to be developed??

From Icecolds post, I could gather only this part to be developed by Pakistan. The DU rounds are also manufactured in Pakistan.

anything more?? I just wanted to know what areas is Pakistan actually working.
Somebody mentioned about armor,what kind of armor is going to be developed??

-automatic ammunition-handling system
-ATCOP LTS 1 laser threat warner
-explosive reactive armour
-hunter-killer panoramic sight
-ballistic computer
-C4I system

The Type 98 is really the top dominating tank in the mark. It is the TYPE 99 (world's most advanced tank) that is going to dominate in the tank market.

The Type 98 is not in production in China.

It is the TYPE 99 (world's most advanced tank) that is going to dominate in the tank market.

Yes the worlds most advanced tank which lacks blowout panels and seperate crew compartments compromising the crews safety.

The Type 98 is really the top dominating tank in the mark. It is the TYPE 99 (world's most advanced tank) that is going to dominate in the tank market.

The Type 98 is not in production in China.

I am not sure about Type 99 being the world's most advance tank but its definitely better then AK, and T-90...

I am not sure about Type 99 being the world's most advance tank but its definitely better then AK, and T-90...

No one knows about the real capabilities of their hardware thanks to the secrecy involved in it. Definitely the catching up is there but i also highly doubt that as yet the Chinese could match anything the west has to offer. It will still require time to reach the same level.

Guys
I have a gripe about the whole Engine issue of Alkhalid . we cant get a good enough engine( PA wants the German 1500 BHP engine in their next version). Now nobody will give you anything if you wanted 300 odd engines over 3-5 yrs. BUT if you decided that you would build trucks and Buses utilizing the same engine, that could mean thousands of engines annually. That could get you Engine manufacturing facilities from Germany. Now I dont know whether size wise, these engines would be suitable for commercial use , but dual use technology is the way to go to keep our factories viable and in profit.
What do you think.
WaSalam
Araz

Dear Araz,
I believe the army is very happy with the ukranian engine being used in the Al-Khalid tank and also in the T-80UD.

Why not consider the 1200hp engine used in the uprated T84, Yatagan and Oplot MBTs from Ukraine?

Al-Khalid probably wont get any orders. Probably the high-end Al-Khalids will (Al-Khalid 2 in the line of Type-99 with western stuff) depending on the customer.

Sir, there is no any update or picture of Al-Khalid 2......what we could say about it....

Dear Araz,
I believe the army is very happy with the ukranian engine being used in the Al-Khalid tank and also in the T-80UD.

Fatman
Even if we are happy with the engine of Ukrainian origin, the logic behind my post can still be applied. The fact remains that dual use technology will make the defence sector a much more viable sector. We have done well so far but we can do even better.
Araz

Sir, there is no any update or picture of Al-Khalid 2......what we could say about it....

the PA requirement for AK is ~600 units so dont see any AKII news for a while.

Back
Top Bottom