What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

New version of MBT-2000 - interior

X059y.jpg
wapZS.jpg
s4Ge1.jpg
xkFFK.jpg

complete set of new mbt pics
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...d-mbt-photos-videos-thread-4.html#post2213421

Special emphasis was given to protect the tank from simultaneous RPG hits from various angles. The armor, initially developed with foreign assistance, was later modified and developed indigenously which can sustain many RPG hits. This was validated during 2001, 2004, 2006 trials. AK Armor is considered better than that if the t-80ud (K-5) ERA. Reason is the availability of various technologies from China, France, Korea, Ukraine etc. Current armor as fitted on AK-1 is atleast twice as more efficient as previous version also validated during trials and lighter too.

ak armour tidbit

standard mbt-2000 ERA blocks. tested early type-90IIM prototypes and found pretty efficient against APFSDS and shaped charges.

What do you mean old Chinese era?

This is the Chinese era !!!

This brochure is years old. This ERA is no longer on mbt-2000 or VT-1A. AKs have indigenous ERA which is different in appearance and thickness. Just compare the pics.

do u have any idea how many al khalids we have from 2008 we r hearing the same numbers 300

Actual numbers are a closely guarded secret but they are more than 300.

Actual numbers are a closely guarded secret but they are more than 300.
for years we r hearing the same numbers 300 when the production of ak starts and what was the rate of the production do u have any idea

Just one hint. How many pics of various AK batches both in and outside HIT facility? I believe they are more than 550-600 but again, that's my opinion. Actual nos could be more. This include both AK and AK-1

Just one hint. How many pics of various AK batches both in and outside HIT facility? I believe they are more than 550-600 but again, that's my opinion. Actual nos could be more. This include both AK and AK-1

Sir the actually number is more than 600, it includes a mixture of both AK and AK-1 but lets do our country a favour and not indulge in more discussion regarding the numbers.

AK is being built since 2000.By considering rate of 50 unit per year, we should have up to now 550-600 AK and Ak1Tanks in our inventory and good luck for AK-2

Back
Top Bottom