What's new

Akash Mark-II version will be ready by 2012 : DRDO

I never get why do you need so many air defense weapons . I thought things like spyder were good enough. can you explain in lay man terms for a defense Noob like me please? paint me a picture in baby steps :D

faster precisse , and furtur .

akash is one missile which impressd every body, iaf , army .

its similer to 2K12 Kub missile system by russia.

But it need some tweak to get a better range as per accuracy i think its more than whats available around in the market.

I never get why do you need so many air defense weapons . I thought things like spyder were good enough. can you explain in lay man terms for a defense Noob like me please? paint me a picture in baby steps :D

As far as I understand, Its more to do with adding redundancy. If long range SAM misses an adversary plane, medium range SAM will come into action, similarly for short range SAM.

Other way to look at it is the area that you are protecting. LRSAMs usually are for area defense,i.e., protecting a large area. short range, quick reaction SAMs are used for point defense, i.e., protecting important assets like buildings, moving armed convoy etc.

But it need some tweak to get a better range as per accuracy i think its more than whats available around in the market.

The accuracy and response time of Akash is much better than the 2k12. But you're right, the two missiles are extremely similar. In fact initially I was completely under the impression that the akash was a reverse engineered 2K12

The accuracy and response time of Akash is much better than the 2k12. But you're right, the two missiles are extremely similar. In fact initially I was completely under the impression that the akash was a reverse engineered 2K12

india did get help from russian in case of akash, and yeh it has sone inputs from 2k12,

india operats 2k12 still. so its a similer platform with indian name and manufacturing unit.

india did get help from russian in case of akash, and yeh it has sone inputs from 2k12,

india operats 2k12 still. so its a similer platform with indian name and manufacturing unit.

Negatory. It uses a completely homegrown radar and FCC. So it's similarities with the 2K12 end at the design.
Don't take any credit away from our guys. It's not every day that they recieve an order upwards of 5 billion dollars

We have a JV with France also....We have also purchased Spyder system from Israel, can anybody tell me where they are installed ??

Spyder is a quick reaction medium range point defense(I think so)missile system,each system differ with each other in some way

what about Pinaka? i can prove lot of things happily accepted by Armed forces... where will you hide your face then?

Spyder is a quick reaction medium range point defense(I think so)missile system,each system differ with each other in some way

Akash is also a point defence SAM my friend. The difference is that in the Akash the missiles have to be ground tracked. Therefore so many radars per squadron. In the SPYDE you need one command unit and launchers. That's it. The missiles do all the tracking.
I like being on the side that has both these systems :D

I think its will have range between 40-42 km and the development and induction will be fast (3/4 years) as the the original system remain same.

Back
Top Bottom