What's new

AJK considering diplomatic ties with Israel

You simply have no idea about what people think where they are living. Hell, even the Indian government has removed its hopes from calling it Azad Kashmir. So the only thing remains is. Indian Occupied Kashmir. :tup:

I can understand what they feel. When the earth quake stiked it exposed the living conditions there. Roads werent motorable and relief wasnt flowing in. People were angry at the slow PA response and thats inspite of a large PA presence along the IB. You forgot all those things , right? I wont blame you for that. Its always convenient to forget the uncomfortable thoughts.

Earthquake Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA), organization set up by the Government of Pakistan will be rebuilding28,000sq-km earthquake hit area (that equals to the size of the Netherlands and Belgium put together)

All this time Pakistan has conducted fresh geographical survey and re-classified the risk catagories.
Building codes has been revised and the land has been acquired to build whole new modern city at a less risk area with state expense.
Mean while billions had been distributed to the quake effectees in Azad Kashmir.

In India people are forced to live in the same risk areas, which may may struck again, with disaster.
India can never dream of doing such public service work, not even for Hindus let alone Muslims or Sikhs.
How many years past to Tsunami, have you built new cites? NO Hell NO.... What is the benifit of your economy to poor Indian, at least your govt. should provide a proper place to sleep for it's millions of homeless.

I remember reading and then seeing on BBC that all the money that was given to the Government of Pakistan so that it could aid the Kashmiris was never spent on them, the money promised to the People of Kashmir never was given out.

$6 billion or $X-billion of reconstruction vanished into thin air.

-----------------------------------------

South Asia quake victims honoured
People in South Asia have been marking the first anniversary of a devastating earthquake which killed 75,000 people.

Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf led a wreath-laying ceremony at the time the 7.6-magnitude tremor struck, followed by a minute's silence.

The quake's effects are still being felt - most of the 6,000 schools destroyed have not been rebuilt and children are still studying outside.

In Islamabad survivors have protested over the alleged theft of relief funds.

Still in tents

An overnight vigil was held in the Pakistani capital to remember those who died in the collapse of a 10-storey block of flats in the city, the Margalla Towers.

Among those attending the vigil was resident Muhammad Omer, who said he was rescued from the rubble after 26 hours.

"We are here to commemorate and console the loved ones of the deceased and pray for the deceased," he said.

In the city of Muzaffarabad, the capital of Pakistan-administered Kashmir and one of the worst affected areas, Gen Musharraf laid a wreath at a monument constructed to remember the dead at 0852 (0352 GMT) - the same minute the earthquake struck on 8 October 2005.

"Today on my way here in my helicopter I kept looking for signs of the destruction that were so prominent before," Mr Musharraf said.

"I'm glad to say and congratulate all of you who've helped towards this end that there's no remnant of the devastation."

But others are less positive, says the BBC's Barbara Plett in Muzaffarabad.

HAVE YOUR SAY
The survivors are destroyed both mentally and physically
Maryam Shahbaz, Sialkot

It is true that in many places rubble has been cleared and the routine of normal life has replaced the air of crisis, but reconstruction has not really started, says our correspondent.

Most earthquake survivors are living in temporary shelters and some are still in tents.

One of them had this message for the president: "Please look and visit our camp and imagine can I live in this? Can our president live in camps in this situation? Can he imagine?"

Embezzlement claims

The tremor occurred as the school day was beginning - 18,000 children died in schools alone, yet more were killed at home.

One year on, about 400,000 people face a second winter without permanent shelter in the mountains and valleys of northern Pakistan, according to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

Pledges of $5.4bn made by the international community - money and supplies - are urgently required.

Reconstruction efforts have been tainted by accusations that funds have been misused and that some United Nations relief money was channelled through charities associated with extremist jihadi groups.

On Saturday about 1,000 survivors protested in Islamabad, accusing officials of embezzling relief funds.

Gen Musharraf has dismissed the criticisms and said that basic facilities will be provided to everyone affected by the quake.

He said 80% of reconstruction work would be finished over the next three years.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/south_asia/4801513.stm

Earthquake Jihad: The Role of Jihadis and Islamist Groups after the October 2005 Earthquake",
Jawad Hussain Qureshi in Humanitarian Practice Network[/URL]

This is real Jihad 'to help the needy', hope it helps you to understand the meaning of 'Jihad'. It is a gift for society if practiced in its true sense (as done by Pak armed forces).
Don't forget govt. of Pakistan is building a whole new city.

Comming to the article, it has nothing to do with subject but it does endorse to the massive relief work carried out in AJK.
Though the writer's opinion was biased and contain incorrect references. I quote from articel:
The Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI) and the Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) are the two largest Islamist political parties in Pakistan. Both have prominent social wings. The JUI is in a coalition government with Musharraf’s Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid-I-Azam (PML-Q) in NWFP and Balochistan provinces.
This is a lucid lie. Actually the JUI is more aligned with anti-Pakistan elements and all such elements get there financing from RAW.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=57769
Above link refers to one of the latest meetings between JUI and other hardliner PPP (party with a history of seeding divide in Pakistan society) to reassess there evil designs against state of Pakistan and is an indication to the level of falsehood exercised in same article.
The writer has also declared P.Musharaf a member of Muslim League (party of Mr. M. Ali Jinnah) which is the only political Party in Pakistan which practice democracy and again according to writer's formulae if it is crime to join JUI than P.Musharraf cannot be blamed for that either.
In short, article was an attempt to pursue an agenda, which is clear from the fact that this article was meant to be used by Indians to malign Pakistan.
With all above stated logic and facts it is insane to trust any more write-ups from same writer.

You are looney the Muslim League went with Mr Jinnah in the grave. There is no Muslim League party present the name is hijacked by Musharraf, how can you phase Musharraf and democracy together he isn't even democratic, he is a dictator.

:hitwall:
Comming to the article, it has nothing to do with subject
As I said above, stick to the ******* subject and if you are really interested in answer start new discussion.

Comming to the article, it has nothing to do with subject but it does endorse to the massive relief work carried out in AJK.
Though the writer's opinion was biased and contain incorrect references. I quote from articel:

This is a lucid lie. Actually the JUI is more aligned with anti-Pakistan elements and all such elements get there financing from RAW.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=57769
Above link refers to one of the latest meetings between JUI and other hardliner PPP (party with a history of seeding divide in Pakistan society) to reassess there evil designs against state of Pakistan and is an indication to the level of falsehood exercised in same article.
The writer has also declared P.Musharaf a member of Muslim League (party of Mr. M. Ali Jinnah) which is the only political Party in Pakistan which practice democracy and again according to writer's formulae if it is crime to join JUI than P.Musharraf cannot be blamed for that either.
In short, article was an attempt to pursue an agenda, which is clear from the fact that this article was meant to be used by Indians to malign Pakistan.
With all above stated logic and facts it is insane to trust any more write-ups from same writer.

What has Mush done. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom