What's new

Aircraft carrier Liaoning vs Vikramaditya

AND AGAIN WHY DON'T WE GET BACK ON THE TOPIC

I don't no why indians always go off topic

yes, STOVL experience is not generally substitutable to STOBAR carriers tho~~

Hey bro let's be clear: height is very important on a carrier.

A vehicle that is too tall onboard (like your tractor) will be unable to reach any place under an aircraft (like beneath the nose), a lower profile helps increase the passable area onboard and is also capable to get rid of the traction rod. In this way, the towing power, stability and operational efficiency increases.

B/S! Read second part of my post #132. High CG vehicles on the deck are much more prone to tip over at sea!

INS Virat is an old ship hence the tractors INS Viki is a new ship hence no tractors.

mark my words you "ex-Gorskov" must have tractors to operate smoothly and the tractors will not be the ones that shown on your old ship

read the above post by an indian guy. they designed the "tractor" for the aircraft carrier. It was fundamentally wrong. It also shows the indians fundamental concept and tech are lacking. if they could have made a "tractor like' vehicle for the aircraft carrier why cant they change a bit of design suitable for it. It is something very stupid there!

at last you stupid people start to ask!

In physics it is called " center of gravity"! You never design and deploy vehicles on deck of an aircraft carrier with such high CG!

Check on net what is the problem with high CG vehicles and understand why our tractors are low to the ground!

Lol bro, everyone have their bad days once```they have realized that they need to replace these tractor on newer carriers. When it comes to the old one, anyway it worked, probably not surprisingly well tho, it may sound like a joke, but it probably worked not that absurdly~~

My opinion, Indians has to start almost all over again on STOBAR Carriers, just like what we're doing.

B/S! Read second part of my post #132. High CG vehicles on the deck are much more prone to tip over at sea!
Yeah that's true, especially on a smaller carrier, operating in a rough sea status. When they're waiting for the breaking waves to get smaller, the other side's fighter might be already airborne.

so from past 14 pages we are discussing Tractors . Brilliant . Do call me out on this thread once we get past Tractor trolls !!

33676_190110_123412.jpg

wheel base wide and low to the ground, no big wheels, no poles or drivers cabin - thus reducing the chance of being blown away by the strongest wind at sea or roll-over by high waves

33676_190110_123412.jpg

wheel base wide and low to the ground, no big wheels, no poles or drivers cabin - thus reducing the chance of being blown away by the strongest wind at sea or roll-over by high waves

dear god!

they(tractors) will tip over ONLY if the deck is pitching and rolling violently. but then, who conducts flight operations during a storm?
think man.
at all other times they are chained to the deck, like this
oszcc1.jpg

AND AGAIN WHY DON'T WE GET BACK ON THE TOPIC

I don't no why indians always go off topic

LOL bro don't get mad at the off-topic trend~

back to the topic, excluding the experience issue and the unpredictable stochastic factors of war I do think Liaoning and its CBG is Better, for the following reasons:
1). Liaoning has a larger tonnage, which means better adaptability at sea, longer operation time at sea and possibly better supporting systems.
2). Liaoning has a much large flight deck and 2nd deck hanger, tho both of them have huge bridge building on flight deck, Vikramaditya's bridge is so awkfully placed that it wastes a large amount of precious usable deck area, this deteriorates the drawback. Furthermore, Liaoning has one more takeoff pad position.

The previously-mentioned reasons gives Liaoning the advantage of hosting more combat aircraft and capability of launching more aircraft in limited time.

3). The technology onboard the Vikramaditya is a little bit laggy, it has no AESA radar AFAIK, while Liaoning has four AESA plates guarding four directions. This cannot decide to much tho, since AC's eye will be ship-borne AWACS.
4). Mig-29k doesn't seem to host a decisive advantage over the Shenyang J-15 in maneuverability, yet disadvantage is seen in avionics and combat energy due to its limitation of size.
5). The last and most importantly, Despite the russian hull, Liaoning's almost all equipments, armaments, sensors and aircrafts are domestically made, that means we can produce them, repair them and improve them to whatever our interest and need is. Say if Liaoning cracked its boiler, PLAN can tow it back to PLAN Shipyard and repair FASTER.

dear god!

they(tractors) will tip over ONLY if the deck is pitching and rolling violently. but then, who conducts flight operations during a storm?
think man.
at all other times they are chained to the deck, like this
Bro you know it will be an disadvantage if your tractors are still chained on the deck while the other side's tractor is in full operation~there are many situations at war when aircraft must take off despite the unfavorable weather, check out the HMS. Ark Royal in the action of sinking German battleship Bismarck.
It's plainly OK for you to use these tall tractors, and it worked out not that bad, but the defections are inevitable in trade with less technological effort,right? Think about the reason of US and China investing into lower profile tractors.

The Chinese have copied the USN when it comes to trolleys too - they have a fascination and kind of awe to how the US operates navies and Airforces.

images_zpsac8ae8bc.jpg

The Chinese have copied the USN when it comes to trolleys too - they have a fascination and kind of awe to how the US operates navies and Airforces.
It's not any fascination or awe, its simply we ADMIT they are more efficient and experienced in this crop field and we can learn what they have done WELL.

Bro you know it will be an disadvantage if your tractors are still chained on the deck while the other side's tractor is in full operation~there are many situations at war when aircraft must take off despite the unfavorable weather, check out the HMS. Ark Royal in the action of sinking German battleship Bismarck.
It's plainly OK for you to use these tall tractors, and it worked out not that bad, but the defections are inevitable in trade with less technological effort,right? Think about the reason of US and China investing into lower profile tractors.

you are not thinking in detail bro. for the tractor to tip sideways, the CG has to go outside the wheels, this i estimate can happen only if the angle goes beyond 45 degrees. now just think. can you imagine a ship rolling and pitching at 45 degrees? forget about flight operations, a carrier bobbing that is in danger of SINKING,

images_zpsac8ae8bc.jpg

its natural to imitate the best

Back
Top Bottom