What's new

Air India's Boeing 787 Dreamliner touches down at Delhi's IGI airport

Best in what sense? Give me any A330/ B777 unlike Emirates 10 abreast seating configuration. They usually have cattle class comfort. I agree for Indians, it is the de-facto national airline. 180 weekly flights to India. Can you imagine?

In terms of service/ comfort, the best of the best are:

Singapore Airlines
Thai Airways
Korean Air/ Cathay Pacific
Emirates/ Qatar//Etihad
BA/Lufthansa

Emirates has the best in-flight entertainment in the world. They have the best 'business class' in the world by LONG,LONG SHOT! Emirates economy class, specially from Pakistan to United States via Dubai, can get tiring..but hey, thats that. Nothing can save from the tireness of such a long journey.

I want Emirates to be the largest global airlines...Right now, Turkish Airlines fly to some 260 destinations all over the world! I want Emirates to be like that Inshallah.

I think Emirates knows that they have this potential and that they can't be challenged. This is why Emirates is piling up the stocks on A380s in their fleet. Infact, Emirates is building a whole terminal just to A380 flights!!

787 is facing some issues such as cracked windows and leaking oil. Hope Boeing sort this out.

787 is facing some issues such as cracked windows and leaking oil. Hope Boeing sort this out.

Normal. No big deal. It happens.

You have NO-IDEA how safe airplanes are. They go through RIGOROUS testing before they are given "Air Worthy" certificate from the authorities.

Hint : These airplanes are tested to land even without their land gears!!!!!

I usually fly qatar airways (I prefer it to emirates, but then I fly economy) but this time it was Air India. Its obvious they are no where near qatar or emirates but proved to be better than I thought. I was more annoyed at the copassengers (who think they own the aircraft) than the staff.
Whatever is airline, the ground staff in India are pathetic, you need to wait 1 hr to get your luggage.

Emirates has the best in-flight entertainment in the world. They have the best 'business class' in the world by LONG,LONG SHOT! Emirates economy class, specially from Pakistan to United States via Dubai, can get tiring..but hey, thats that. Nothing can save from the tireness of such a long journey.

I want Emirates to be the largest global airlines...Right now, Turkish Airlines fly to some 260 destinations all over the world! I want Emirates to be like that Inshallah.

I think Emirates knows that they have this potential and that they can't be challenged. This is why Emirates is piling up the stocks on A380s in their fleet. Infact, Emirates is building a whole terminal just to A380 flights!!

Why don't you wish pakistan airlines such success instead of a foreign country?

I agree, the logic behind the A380 is flawed-bigger is not always better and some airlines have thought with their egos rather than their brains. The 787 is the way to go for sure.

The A380 and 787 are for totally different markets and for totally different jobs.

The better comparison is A380 vs B747-8 and the B787 vs A350.

Airbus got the 380 out first, so better rewards for them in terms of market share, while Boeing has got out the 787 first.

The A380 is a fantastic plane for the airlines that fly them. Air India does not operate on the same business models as those airlines that it would go for A380.

So no comparison between 380 and 787.

Why don't you wish pakistan airlines such success instead of a foreign country?

Well, I have traveled with Emirates. They are really good, so I hope them best of luck.

Regarding Pakistan, well if a competent government comes to power, then Inshallah PIA will sky rocket...but till then, it is useless to talk about it.

The A380 and 787 are for totally different markets and for totally different jobs.

The better comparison is A380 vs B747-8 and the B787 vs A350.

Airbus got the 380 out first, so better rewards for them in terms of market share, while Boeing has got out the 787 first.

The A380 is a fantastic plane for the airlines that fly them. Air India does not operate on the same business models as those airlines that it would go for A380.

So no comparison between 380 and 787.

Yeah, a good post.

A380 is a better plane than Boeing 747-8i.

Latest upcoming Airbus 350XWB is the real future of human flight , technologically speaking.

Boeing is facing a very serious competition from Airbus now. Times of domination are gone. Aerospace Sector is going global now...and this is good for the mankind! (Well, I hope atleast).

Russians and Chinese are coming up with their airplanes too..So the competition would get even more tougher in coming decades.

Yeah, a good post.

A380 is a better plane than Boeing 747-8i.

Latest upcoming Airbus 350XWB is the real future of human flight , technologically speaking.

Boeing is facing a very serious competition from Airbus now. Times of domination are gone. Aerospace Sector is going global now...and this is good for the mankind! (Well, I hope atleast).

Russians and Chinese are coming up with their airplanes too..So the competition would get even more tougher in coming decades.

The advantage that Airbus has is that it has a pool of countries to get resources from, from manpower to material to funding etc.

As for the Chinese and Russians, they are more targeting the local short haul market rivaling the Embraers, Bombardiers, ATR's, A320 family, 737 family etc.

Yaar, I like Indian tradition before these things. :D

BTW did we put Coconut on our first space mission ? :D

The advantage that Airbus has is that it has a pool of countries to get resources from, from manpower to material to funding etc.

As for the Chinese and Russians, they are more targeting the local short haul market rivaling the Embraers, Bombardiers, ATR's, A320 family, 737 family etc.

Main advantage = Subsidy!

Europeans subsidize their Aerospace Sector, Americans don't.

America still maintains over-all superiority in Aerospace Sector though.

Also, I believe that eventually, Chinese will come up as the 'third force' in commercial Airplanes sector...

BTW, even Iranians are making upgraded An-128 in their home under license.

Do you know funny thing about Airbus A380 ?

Parts were said to be made in different countries. French and German made some parts. When they try to assemble it, they didn't fit. Reason was they used different softwares. :rofl:

It delayed Airbus A380 6 months and gave Boeing time to close the time gap to release its competitor. Very high official of Airbus was sacked and Airbus might have gone bankrupt but some of its customers had faith and didn't cancel their deals.

It was told in Discovery Documentary.

Do you know funny thing about Airbus A380 ?

Parts were said to be made in different countries. French and German made some parts. When they try to assemble it, they didn't fit. Reason was they used different softwares. :rofl:

It delayed Airbus A380 6 months and gave Boeing time to close the time gap to release its competitor. Very high official of Airbus was sacked and Airbus might have gone bankrupt but some of its customers had faith and didn't cancel their deals.

It was told in Discovery Documentary.

I also belive that the first set of wings came from two seperate nations and were different specifications. It seems sometimes these Europeans are sharing out jobs/responsiblities for the sake of it- just to keep jobs in as many different nations as possible. Not an efficent way to do things IMHO.

I also belive that the first set of wings came from two seperate nations and were different specifications. It seems sometimes these Europeans are sharing out jobs/responsiblities for the sake of it- just to keep jobs in as many different nations as possible. Not an efficent way to do things IMHO.
Nothing wrong in it. But for it to be truly effective, logistics and sync should be spot on. Otherwise delay increases in many folds.

Back
Top Bottom