What's new

Agni 5 Weight is 23 Tons > PK Senguta

Quite possible, Its size is similar to the SS-11 missile.. which weighed in at some 41 tonnes back then.. however.. materials tech has changed a lot since then.

I suspect India is understating the Range of the Newer Agni by quite a bit in an effort to avoid scrutiny.

What's your guess on the range ???

It's made entirely out of hot air boasting. That's why it's so light.

And you that form self experience , right ???
Get a life troll. Try posting something normal for the change

How many nations have developed land-based canisters so far? US, Russia & China, thats it? or are there
any other..?

PS - I dont think UK & France made any such canisters because all their ICBMs are submarine-based.

canisters were originally developed for the SLBMs and later adopted to land based systems for transport.
India is the first country to fire a land based canister missile before fired one from the sub itself.

Nope, they're from China. They are actually derived from the CJ-10 canister produced in China.

Canister is not an easy simple thing for every little nation to make.

Absolutely incorrect..
China has nothing to do with Babur's canister.. that is all typical belittling allegations and baseless.
Please do not use the typical anti-pakistan lens when in technical discussions.

Yes the Canister is "derived" from something.. but that has more relevance to what was experienced in the 80's and 90's with the introduction of the Harpoon into PN service.

What's your guess on the range ???

Comparable to a missile of its weight class.

Impossible 23 tons,

Angni 5: 17m long ,diameter 2m,
Trident missile I(D4):10.4m long, diameter 1.8m, 29.5tons
Trident missile II(D5):13.96m long, diameter 1.89m, 58tons
DF-31:13m long, diameter 2.25m, 42tons

if Angni 5: 17m long ,diameter 2m, only 23tons, I must say that India far behind at Solid fuel teck
A5 is not a true ICBM, so this is not a fair comparison.

A5 is not a true ICBM, so this is not a fair comparison.

Hard to say, I believe both India and Pakistan don't show the real range of their missiles just to not get on the bad side of the other nations (Europe). I believe the main reason India capped the range at 5000 km was because if we had gone higher then we would have gotten some European countries like Germany under our range which would not sit well with USA and its allies considering India is not a signatory of NPT, same things applies with Pakistan.

China is saying that so it would attract attention from the Europeans. Are you going to believe what ever they said?

Putting aside what China says, the A 3 was a 2-stage missile and is capable of upto 5,000-km range
with a smaller payload.

Now A 5 is a 3-stage missile with far more advanced tech than A 3 or A 4 and you really believe its range
is capped at 5,000km? Not really. India will reveal the tru range at an appropriate time.

Its outright stupid to even believe A-5 is not an ICBM even after internationally reputed sources have
confirmed that India has broken into the exclusive club. Your statement is only of little relevence to
forum jingos to get some air.

Putting aside what China says, the A 3 was a 2-stage missile and is capable of upto 5,000-km range
with a smaller payload.

Now A 5 is a 3-stage missile with far more advanced tech than A 3 or A 4 and you really believe its range
is capped at 5,000km? Not really. India will reveal the tru range at an appropriate time.

Its outright stupid to even believe A-5 is not an ICBM even after internationally reputed sources have
confirmed that India has broken into the exclusive club. Your statement is only of little relevence to
forum jingos to get some air.
For the sake of discussion, we should stick to declared facts, else there is no end of people's imagination. Some people claim they have developed ICBM with MIRV without ever testing it.

For the sake of discussion, we should stick to declared facts, else there is no end of people's imagination. Some people claim they have developed ICBM with MIRV without ever testing it.

In case of MIRV DRDO can take help from the ISRO, rather than going out learning it on their own why not use the expertise of ISRO get faster results.

In case of MIRV DRDO can take help from the ISRO, rather than going out learning it on their own why not use the expertise of ISRO get faster results.
Present tense, future tense. I do not count the chickens till they hatch.

Present tense, future tense. I do not count the chickens till they hatch.

If more Indians think like you, India would be much more advance than what it is today. Unfortunately for India, most Indians that has common sense and logic are outside of India today. The ones left over are either airheads or corrupt officials staying around to make a buck.

How could ISRO help DRDO? Hardest part of making MIRV's is not to get them to space, but to develop miniaturized nuclear warhead with a reasonable yield-to-weight ratio. It's useless to manufacture MIRV's if each MIRV has a yield less than 20kt.

Chinese "second generation" thermonuclear warheads are too large for DF-31 series to carry more than one per missile, and that even after Chinese (allegedly) developed non-spherical pit technology.

How could ISRO help DRDO? Hardest part of making MIRV's is not to get them to space, but to develop miniaturized nuclear warhead with a reasonable yield-to-weight ratio. It's useless to manufacture MIRV's if each MIRV has a yield less than 20kt.

Chinese "second generation" thermonuclear warheads are too large for DF-31 series to carry more than one per missile, and that even after Chinese (allegedly) developed non-spherical pit technology.

I was talking about, when the missiles go out of the atmosphere and deploy the warhead. Rather than trying to learn it on their own they could learn how to deploy multiple warhead from ISRO since they have experience in putting multiple satellites in space. AS for miniaturizing of warheads, that is something I have no knowledge of so I am not gonna comment on it.

I was talking about, when the missiles go out of the atmosphere and deploy the warhead. Rather than trying to learn it on their own they could learn how to deploy multiple warhead from ISRO since they have experience in putting multiple satellites in space. AS for miniaturizing of warheads, that is something I have no knowledge of so I am not gonna comment on it.

Its not likely that India has the capability to miniaturize warhead for MIRV. India has to first develop and test a successful thermonuclear bomb first before worrying about miniaturization.

Back
Top Bottom