What's new

Afghanistan seeks Indian equipment for security forces

Wtf?!?

Jags and Mig 27 have been upgraded with modern glass cockpit and forms the backborn of IAFs attack squadron.

So, 2020 is the deadline for them in iaf. After that they r going to be phased out. Then why not to transfer them to afghan by 2017-18, to equip them with something they can fight against talibanis..
Yes, the transfer should with some other mean not for free..

I don't get one thing. Why do Pakistanis want to see Talibans back in power? Just because they are pro-pakistani, at the cost of Afghani citizens.

No wonder why most of Afghans don't have positive views about Pakistan.

Are you a Pakistani?Because I in my life have not met a single Pakistani who wants Taliban in power.

India must help Afghanistan to stand on her own two feet. No boots on the ground, but training and equipment should be given.

Don't worry, Pakistan's already on it.:tup:

So, 2020 is the deadline for them in iaf. After that they r going to be phased out. Then why not to transfer them to afghan by 2017-18, to equip them with something they can fight against talibanis..
Yes, the transfer should with some other mean not for free..

I was refering to his point that jags and migs were sitting idle in IAF.I would support the decision to transfer them to afghanistan when the replacement comes for us

I was refering to his point that jags and migs were sitting idle in IAF.I would support the decision to transfer them to afghanistan when the replacement comes for us
Yes, the replacement is the main problem currently. Otherwise transfering 20-30 odd jags and migs is not going to affect IAF..
May be by 2018-19, GOI can think about this step..Until then they will have to possibly rely on other ground based weapons..

Finally, It is proved that India is the ultimate beneficiary of attacks on US soldiers.
American tax money will keep pouring in Indian pockets via warlords of northern alliance.
No sane Indian would wish peace & stability in Afghanistan.

we should offer them small arms(guns,morters),armoured carriers and tanks (if possible).plus training.also,if they wish,we should transfer our tejas (not before filling our need) and choppers(ALH and its armed variants(rudra) will do fine).

I don't get one thing. Why do Pakistanis want to see Talibans back in power? Just because they are pro-pakistani, at the cost of Afghani citizens.

No wonder why most of Afghans don't have positive views about Pakistan.

And you apparently took a poll.......may I see the results?

we should offer them small arms(guns,morters),armoured carriers and tanks (if possible).plus training.also,if they wish,we should transfer our tejas (not before filling our need) and choppers(ALH and its armed variants(rudra) will do fine).

Yeah well that shouldn't be a problem as you need what, like 5 Tejas as a symbol, right?

Are you a Pakistani?Because I in my life have not met a single Pakistani who wants Taliban in power.

Have you read the posts? Most of Pakistanis are 'Let US/NATO leave in 2014 then see what talibans do?' why do you wanna see talibans in power just so you can counter Indian influence in Afghanistan. Afghans should be the ones deciding their future. Not anyone else.

Finally, It is proved that India is the ultimate beneficiary of attacks on US soldiers.
American tax money will keep pouring in Indian pockets via warlords of northern alliance.
No sane Indian would wish peace & stability in Afghanistan.

quite contrary, Indian Government needs to strengthen afghan military to protect democratic reforms which are opposed by its neighbor. It also needs enough muscle to ensure that foreign backed mercenaries are kept at bay across it's porous borders. It is in america's interest that the afghans military can stand on it's own feet against opposing forces. Indian equipment and tactical advantage in COIN and border defense can benefit the fledgling government in Kabul. So Indian help improves US position/ Afghan Position, but surly will deter insurgents and their handlers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom