What's new

Advanced medium combat aircraft first flight likely in 2020

So it will be inducting after 2027 ! :drag:
Cmon,even persians are making 'stealth' fighter. :shout:
More like 2025/6. About the time the M2K-UPG, JAG DARIN III and MIG-29UPG are set to leave service.Should fit in nicely with the IAF's long-term plans.

It probably means LCA MK2 won't be ready until 2020. May be they will do a paint job over it and called it AMCA.

It probably means LCA MK2 won't be ready until 2020. May be they will do a paint job over it and called it AMCA.

India doesn't do paint jobs like Chinese do. If we would have then 100s of LCA be rotting at our workshops without engines and guts to do operational flights like half of your Chinese fleet.

happy chinese new year,you made my day!
India doesn't do paint jobs like Chinese do. If we would have then 100s of LCA be rotting at our workshops without engines and guts to do operational flights like half of your Chinese fleet.

we should 1st fix the engin and them build the frame around it... Otherwise this gonna be lca part 2.

I think India should design around the existing engine. Otherwise, if the said new Kaveri engine encounter issues, just like the previous Kaveri, India would be left without its indigenous 5th generation fighter by 2030. In my opinion, I'll be surprise if India can induct the AMCA by 2030. But it would be more likely by 2040. Its better late than never, just like LCA.

If this time line is too long, India should focus on joint development like PAKFA or MKI.

after 2020 10yrs would go by just like a click just what happened for LCA and still it wont be ready.

:rofl:

Why laugh at your own country. Be proud of India. Unless if you are a troll from a foreign country.

Actually, I believe India will cancel this plane and go for a joint development of a medium fighter with either Migs or Sukhoi. On a outside chance, India can opt for F-35 after 2020.

Actually, I believe India will cancel this plane and go for a joint development of a medium fighter with either Migs or Sukhoi. On a outside chance, India can opt for F-35 after 2020.

Not too comfortable with American's , when it comes to state of the art weapons/fighter planes . too many strings attached Brah . Rather go jointly to develop weapons with our Trusted and time tested russian friends or the new friends in Europe :D

More like 2025/6. About the time the M2K-UPG, JAG DARIN III and MIG-29UPG are set to leave service.Should fit in nicely with the IAF's long-term plans.

JAG will be the first to go and M2K upgrade contract will finish only in 2021.
But to make 42 sqd + IAF should finish 189 Rafales as soon as possible.(before 2025)

New Delhi has adopted a go-slow approach for its planned Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), which is in the early stages of being designed by India's Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).

"We plan on finalising the configuration by 2018, with a first flight in 2020," says an ADA representative. "The AMCA will draw from what we learn with the [Hindustan Aeronautics-built] Tejas MkI and Tejas MkII."

The 20t AMCA is envisaged as a twin-engined fighter with similar stealth characteristics to the Lockheed Martin F-35. For the first time, the ADA displayed a model of the proposed design for the future fighter at the Aero India show. Outwardly, the aircraft resembles the F-35, with twin canted tails and shaping optimised for low observability.

It will be powered by a future variant of the indigenously developed Gas Turbine Research Establishment Kaveri engine. The Kaveri was originally intended as the powerplant for the Tejas, but was detached from the programme owing to weight and performance issues.

AERO INDIA: Advanced medium combat aircraft first flight likely in 2020

So it will be inducting after 2027 ! :drag:
Cmon,even persians are making 'stealth' fighter. :shout:

I call Bull@#$% on this article.

The facts being presented are copy pasted from much older articles without having taken into consideration the recent developments in the said project.

1) The recent models of the AMCA (not very detailed they maybe but if they point towards what the final design will look like-) demonstrate a more disciplined and tighter shaping regime than the F-35, the chining and edge alignment (even though they've been demostrated on these models absent an eye for exact details) are geared towards VLO and NOT LO. In the S/X/Ku-bands the basic shaping of the forward fuselage will permit the attainment of genuine VLO performance granted only with the application of refined RAS and RAM attributes.

The above is the "good part", the design will mature even further, HAL is well aware that the IAF will completely reject any indigenous design meant to take up space in their stealth slot if it is not VLO.

Now comes the "bad part"-

2) HAL had better stop screaming that it'll fly by 2020-2022, the outer shell shaped for VLO may fly by that time-BUT to state that HAL/ADA will have developed VLO rated conformal antennas, VLO rated ports for the OLS, a bandpass radome design using a frequency selective multilayer laminate, appliqué laminate technology and robotic surface coating treatment AND A 5TH GEN ENGINE BY 2020-22 IS ABSURD AND CRIMINAL. The VLO shaped aerodynamic shell in itself may have the attributes required to outperform platforms like the F-35 in all aspect stealth and the dog fight scenarios akin to mental masturbation where people assume that two fighters pop up in the sky out of nowhere- spot each other- and directly take a head on collision course to shoot each other down, BUT it will be a poor system that will be avoided like the plague by the IAF IF the above mentioned "details" are not figured out.

3) The current Chinese article is another VLO shaped "shell" like the one mentioned above absent a 5th gen engine and proven ultra-modern avionics BUT BE ASSURED that the Chinese will have developed it into a TRUE 5th gen fighter by 2018 or so at the LATEST. Praise should be given where it is due- the J-21 isn't a F-22 killer at the moment but the basic air frame itself is a marvel, it is optimised for deep penetration- all aspect stealth leading to an excellent specular radar cross section performance once RAM/RAS additions are finalized and applied on the production variant. IF HAL/ADA get their act right and if the the AMCA actually follows the path laid out by the recent scale models then we shall end up with out own VLO airframe but by then the J-21 will be a true and operational 5th gen fighter making life very difficult for the air forces deployed in the "pac-rim"

I think India should design around the existing engine. Otherwise, if the said new Kaveri engine encounter issues, just like the previous Kaveri, India would be left without its indigenous 5th generation fighter by 2030. In my opinion, I'll be surprise if India can induct the AMCA by 2030. But it would be more likely by 2040. Its better late than never, just like LCA.

If this time line is too long, India should focus on joint development like PAKFA or MKI.

Why laugh at your own country. Be proud of India. Unless if you are a troll from a foreign country.
Buddy we are not laughing at our country...We are laughing on the lazy Babu's and PSU of our country.....I mean come on yaar they are shouting
About AMCA since 2006 and till now they havn't even decided about its final configuration.....

I like the Chinese way, they "DO" stuff and the world keeps searching afterwards.

This is what you do when you have to bluff rest of the world.

As far as India is concern we are struggling at every step of making some thing new. I hope at some stage we be able to really achieve some thing world class. Not to mention we were sanctioned comprehensive and have budget way smaller than China or other P5 has.

Back
Top Bottom