What's new

‘Admitting you are a secularist can get you killed in Pakistan’

Long story short, go to the quran before making decisions....

but people give hadith preferences because they think quran is difficult which contradicts the quran itself which says it is easy....

I used to read the sahih bukhari like reading a story book....but half way thru I got a little bored because it is a THICK book! and I am not sure which volume I was reading plus it was not in English ....

I agree so whats the fuss about ! :what:

fuss comes in when people say NAI HADITH is everything....and bestow some title onto you when you just say it is not everything!

And then start saying you do not love Prophet SAW and that QURAN AND HADITH are together and you are not proper muslim :blink:

Yahan breakfast ki importance nai dikhi jari...Itna poocha jara hai kay breakfast kay begayr insaan insaan hota hai kay nai? zinda rah sakta hai kay nai=

@Taon

The wise saying, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" has been spoken by countless moms throughout the ages. It has been whispered in the ears of school children on early-to-rise mornings for centuries, yet the depth of understanding as to why breakfast is so important has only been publicized in recent years. The side effects of not eating breakfast negatively impact weight, hormonal health, memory, cognition and mood.

Read more: Side Effects Of Not Eating Breakfast | LIVESTRONG.COM

The Meaning of the Word "Zakat"

"Zakat" is the Arabic word for the acts that we call "charity" in English: giving aid, assistance and money to the poor and needy or to other worthy causes. However, the nature of Zakat is very different from the idea of charity. The word "charity" suggests benevolence and generosity, a magnanimous act by the wealthy and powerful for the benefit of the poor and needy. The word "Zakat" means righteousness, justice or fairness. In Islam, giving to the poor is not viewed as a generous, magnanimous act; it is simply an act of justice and righteousness, the performance of a duty, giving the poor their due.

The Obligation of Zakat
Giving to the poor is an obligation in Islam, a duty that cannot be forsaken even by those who are themselves in need. Some sages have said that Zakat is the highest of all pillars, equal to all of them combined, and that a person who does not perform Zakat is equivalent to an idol worshipper. This is probably hyperbole, but it illustrates the importance of Zakat in Islamic thought. Zakat is one of the three acts that gain us forgiveness from our sins. The Prophet (PBUH) repeatedly states that God has inscribed a judgment against all who have sinned, but Submission (No god except God), prayer and Zakat can alleviate the decree.

According to Islamic law, we are required to give portion (2.5% is popular) of our income to the poor. This is generally interpreted as (2.5% is popular) of our net income after payment of taxes. Taxes themselves do not fulfill our obligation to give Zakat. Those who are dependent on public assistance or living on the edge of subsistence may give less, but must still give to the extent they are able.

The obligation to perform Zakat can be fulfilled by giving money to the poor, the needy, to health care institutions, to those encumbered with debt or to educational institutions etc. It can also be fulfilled by supporting your children beyond the age when you are legally required to, or supporting your parents in their old age. The obligation includes giving to both Muslims and non-Muslims; contrary to popular belief that Zakat is for Muslims only.

Islam acknowledges that many people who ask for charity have no genuine need. In fact, this is a good thing: if all people who asked for charity were in genuine need, we would be subject to punishment (from God) for refusing anyone who asked and we have to spend too much time in checking either person is genuine or not. The existence of frauds diminishes our liability for failing to give to all who ask, because we have some legitimate basis for doubting the beggar's sincerity. It is permissible to investigate the legitimacy of a charity before donating to it.

We have an obligation to avoid becoming in need of Zakat. A person should take any work that is available, even if he thinks it is beneath his dignity, to avoid becoming a public charge.
However, if a person is truly in need and has no way to obtain money on his own he should not feel embarrassed to accept Zakat. No person should feel too proud to take money from others. In fact, it is considered a transgression to refuse Zakat. One source says that to make yourself suffer by refusing to accept Zakat is equivalent to shedding your own blood.

Levels of Zakat
Act of Zakat can be classified into 8 levels from the least meritorious to the most meritorious, are:
1. Giving begrudgingly
2. Giving less that you should, but giving it cheerfully.
3. Giving after being asked
4. Giving before being asked
5. Giving when you do not know the recipient's identity, but the recipient knows your identity
6. Giving when you know the recipient's identity, but the recipient doesn't know your identity
7. Giving when neither party knows the other's identity
8. Enabling the recipient to become self-reliant

Yaar kerday mere knowledge mein hi izafa ho jaye ga-

Dawn, sunset & night Prayer
[11:114] You shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) at both ends of the day, and during the night. The righteous works wipe out the evil works. This is a reminder for those who would take heed.

[24:58] O you who believe, permission must be requested by your servants and the children who have not attained puberty (before entering your rooms). This is to be done in three instances—before the Dawn Prayer, at noon when you change your clothes to rest, and after the Night Prayer. These are three private times for you. At other times, it is not wrong for you or them to mingle with one another. GOD thus clarifies the revelations for you. GOD is Omniscient, Most Wise.

Noon Prayer
[17:78] You shall observe the Contact Prayer (Salat) when the sun declines from its highest point at noon, as it moves towards sunset. You shall also observe (the recitation of) the Quran at dawn. (Reciting) the Quran at dawn is witnessed.

Afternoon Prayer
[2:238] You shall consistently observe the Contact Prayers, especially the middle prayer, and devote yourselves totally to GOD

Obligatory Friday congregational prayer.
[62:9] O you who believe, when the Congregational Prayer (Salat Al-Jumu'ah) is announced on Friday, you shall hasten to the commemoration of GOD, and drop all business. This is better for you, if you only knew.

I don't trust any hadith. If hadith were to be a criteria, then it would be mentioned by Allah in the Quran. He is the all knowing.

Quran and only Quran should be the guidelines for all Muslims.

My argument is HADITH is not written in stone! Many people have misused it and 1 hadith can have sooo many interpretations that it can boggle ANYONE! So one should always go to the original source and not be just HADITH madness!

I believe in hadith but Quran is not rocket science that you can not sit down have your basics sorted....once that is clear than you can jump around in Hadith but bare in mind that hadith are not all that is ....there are more than 1 hadith in each case and every hadith seems to have a condition....like for the wudhu, nikaab and so on....

Zarwan ka naam lay karr mera dharram bhrasht matt karo! :D

^^ @KRAIT @arp2041 @hinduguy - How are my Hindi lessons going? ^^

Yara, Abhi tu main khud Muslim honay ke koshish kar raha hon - Just started questioning Quran why it's not complete and getting answers. Abhi may Zarwan kay jitna expert nahi howa.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way Post #756 is not written by any Muslim, it's Jewish article - I just changed the words Tzedakah to Zakat, Judaism to Islam and Jews to Muslims

Serious Religious Discussion. :blink:

How much you guys know ?

Well - At-least i am Kindergarten student asking nasty questions

Back
Top Bottom