What's new

AAP's support to agitation against Kudankulam nuclear plant

Which power plant do not have disadvantages? Have you ever been near to a coal power plant? Hell in 10 minutes, u shall be covered by black soot. Imagine, the condition of resident living there.
U cannot have a coal power plant near sea. It shall destroy marine life. Environmental pollution, greenhouse gases etc.
Solar power plant needs simply huge amount of space even to generate 1 MW.
Hydro? Hell.. Even many NGO's dont allow those to get built.
But we want power. From wer will we get? Lightning?

Raghuram Rajan,RBI governor, said once" Change is Risky, but not changing is even riskier".

In the first place, I did not mention coal power plants. My point is that we should use available electricty responsibly. It may not eliminate the power problem 100% but I'm sure it will help. Any power plant causes many problems to the people who live in that particular area. Have you ever asked why should a few people suffer, get displaced, leave their homes and villages, so that the rest of us can happily? Furthermore I have full faith in the inefficiency of our disaster management system. Remember what happened in Fukushima?

I accept that in nuclear energy is cleaner than coal energy, but it has its disadvantages as well. Personally i am against constructing such power plants especially if the locals vehemently oppose it.

“Thirteen Reasons Why We Do Not Want the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project” | DiaNuke.org

I think we need to change our "If i can afford it, I can use all the electricity I want" attitude.

In the first place, I did not mention coal power plants. My point is that we should use available electricty responsibly. It may not eliminate the power problem 100% but I'm sure it will help. Any power plant causes many problems to the people who live in that particular area. Have you ever asked why should a few people suffer, get displaced, leave their homes and villages, so that the rest of us can happily? Furthermore I have full faith in the inefficiency of our disaster management system. Remember what happened in Fukushima?

I accept that in nuclear energy is cleaner than coal energy, but it has its disadvantages as well. Personally i am against constructing such power plants especially if the locals vehemently oppose it.

“Thirteen Reasons Why We Do Not Want the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project” | DiaNuke.org

I think we need to change our "If i can afford it, I can use all the electricity I want" attitude.

So how you are going to ensure "power is spent " responsibly? Peek into every home and check they have switched off lights and fans not using? C'mon man, there has to be practical solution to power crisis. And in our 40+ years of operation there has not been a single accident in India. Why yu guys keep belitting the Indian capability? This is one the worst attitude of Indians I have ever seen. Saw the response of our disaster management force in Uttrakand and Orisa?
Just cos Japan failed, there is no reason to belive India will also fail. And I have full faith in Indian disaster management system.
And everywhere locals will oppose power plants. The population explosion is such, that you dont have any large free space available with water. If India, and the locals want to develop, then yes, its a small sacrifice.

Why should anybody peek and check? That's my point precisely, we instill this responsible behaviour in ourselves. Are you saying we do not waste electricity at all? Use of solar energy can surely be encouraged at personal level.
It's very convenient to say that sacrifices should be made, as long as we aren't the ones to make them, isn't it?

Why should anybody peek and check? That's my point precisely, we instill this responsible behaviour in ourselves. Are you saying we do not waste electricity at all? Use of solar energy can surely be encouraged at personal level.
It's very convenient to say that sacrifices should be made, as long as we aren't the ones to make them, isn't it?

The people who do not get 24/7 power supply are also making sacrifices. We are a 1.3 billion nation and it is the duty of the govt to give 24/7 power to all Indians. To give power you require power plants.

Solar power for individual households is very expensive.When solar power plants are established people like you will find some other way to oppose them like they take up too much land or something. When NaMo put a solar park in desert of Kutch people opposed it because it was close to the border with Pakistan.

The same concept applies to hydro power. When Gujarat govt wanted to increase the height of Sardar Sarovar dam the commies like Arundhati Roy and Medha Patkar opposed it because a few villages may be washed out. They don't understand the larger benefit to the society.

There is a concept of "For the Greater Good". The leftists don't understand this concept because they tend to care for only a small section of the society and do not see the bigger picture.

The people who do not get 24/7 power supply are also making sacrifices. We are a 1.3 billion nation and it is the duty of the govt to give 24/7 power to all Indians. To give power you require power plants.

Solar power for individual households is very expensive.When solar power plants are established people like you will find some other way to oppose them like they take up too much land or something. When NaMo put a solar park in desert of Kutch people opposed it because it was close to the border with Pakistan.

The same concept applies to hydro power. When Gujarat govt wanted to increase the height of Sardar Sarovar dam the commies like Arundhati Roy and Medha Patkar opposed it because a few villages may be washed out. They don't understand the larger benefit to the society.

There is a concept of "For the Greater Good". The leftists don't understand this concept because they tend to care for only a small section of the society and do not see the bigger picture.

Are you serious? Those people who do not have power are making sacrifices? Let me tell you something, sacrifice means giving up something willingly, not being denied something. It is not their choice not to have power, it is their helplessness.
Have you ever visited any electricity office in rural India? Please do, see how the poor are treated there and then talk about sacrifices.
Everybody talks about new power plants, but nobody wants to change their lifestyle. So what if a few people have to leave their homes, we aren't taking their land for free. We're throwing money on their faces. So yes, let's go and build some more power plants.

Are you serious? Those people who do not have power are making sacrifices? Let me tell you something, sacrifice means giving up something willingly, not being denied something. It is not their choice not to have power, it is their helplessness.
Have you ever visited any electricity office in rural India? Please do, see how the poor are treated there and then talk about sacrifices.
Everybody talks about new power plants, but nobody wants to change their lifestyle. So what if a few people have to leave their homes, we aren't taking their land for free. We're throwing money on their faces. So yes, let's go and build some more power plants.

With countrymen like you, who needs enemies?

With attitude like yours, you fulfill that role successfully yourself.

If by that you mean that I would like to see India not be a third world shithole, then yes, I am filling that role just fine.

So what is your solution to give power to rural poor? I should cut my consumption so that rural poor get power instead of building more power plants so that everyone gets power.

Gujarat is power surplus everyone gets 24/7 power. U.P. has power deficit and even Lucknow has 3-4 hour power cut. Which situation is better? Modi does not say to people in ahemdabad and Vadodara please don't use power because I have to give it to a remote village in Kutch. He says use as much as you want. I will produce more power than required. If some other state wants I can sell to them also.

Back
Top Bottom