What's new

A shameful act of Bureaucracy

15 weeks from now, I will test you.

I want full marks, otherwise there will be consequences. Forget marathi/tamil and all that.

After Urdu, Potohari is next on agenda.

lol go hukum mere aka:woot:

About the article, my feelings say in India too there is no importance given to life of individual policemen and army by politicians. Shame on them.

in this case, the transaction is complete. The bloody jackets are at the airport waiting to be cleared!!

All they need to do is send a Bedford over to the newly-named airport, and distribute them accordingly.

The way this country is being mismanaged is truly astounding. I don't like to rant about it in front of others --especially indian....but in this case, it is too hard not to.

The cost of the police is worth more than the vests. They shouldnt be sitting in ******* containers, incurring costs on the Pakistani tax-payer

Well, after all as long as Zardari Sahab (The Dollar Man) is president of Pak, then you may have lots of these things to face.

Sorry to my PPP friend.

This is all due to the blackwater hysteria created by certain elements in the country.

May be some bureaucrat mafia is trying to make it disappear and later sell in NWFP open market with double the margin..In this type of situation, US govt agent should personally hand over the jackets to NWFP IG. By pass all corrupts.

Everyone is trying to take lead in bashing the bureaucracy based on what? a 3rd page news! Did any one bother to know why this happened? Maybe its a fowl play, maybe its genuine. I am pretty sure the officials had some reasons for still holding them. They are life jackets, alright, but does it mean they should be allowed into the country without any procedural requirements? It always needs two hands to clap, putting all the blame on one party is not the most desirable thing. Yes the jackets are not being cleared, but did the other party fulfilled the requirements or the paper work or whatever? If the N.O.C. was required, why it was not obtained prior to importing these jackets? Does it not tell that the US embassy and people dealing with it care least about the Pakistani laws?

Blame, and curse, and do whatever you like, but for God's sake, at least listen to the other side as well. None of us have any clue other than speculation and guesses, yet here we are acting as if we know exactly what happened.

"No wonder the tax that GOP is paying for keeping the BPJs at the airport would eventually exceed the (purchase) price of these...!!!"

That's America paying the storage. This story has already been reported by fatman17 on Rah-e-Rast here.

$1800 per day billed to the U.S. What can we do? You need the vests so we can't return them home but we can't get the no-objection certificate from your Interior Ministry.

Thanks.:usflag:

After Urdu, Potohari is next on agenda.
My family's original language is Potohari. However, since my mom is from Lahore, the version of Punjabi I speak is a mixed-cocktail.
Yes the jackets are not being cleared, but did the other party fulfilled the requirements or the paper work or whatever? If the N.O.C. was required, why it was not obtained prior to importing these jackets? Does it not tell that the US embassy and people dealing with it care least about the Pakistani laws?
Sir, we are in a state of partial-war, are we not? Do we require to go through a million layers of bureaucracy to help our policemen, FC-men and soldiers survive bullets to the body? Are we really that insensitive to their requirements?

When these BPJs are sitting inside storage rooms in an Airport instead of being on the bodies our security forces, how can we not protest? It's not like they are not available, or the US is withholding themfrom us; they're right there!

Lastly, in this one issue, at least, we cannot blame the Americans for not following our laws. The BPJs were sent over at the request of NWFP police, and the required paperwork should have been taken care of by them.

This really points to a need to streamline the availability of critical equipment in our country, whether it be civilian or military. It also points out the fact that there are those in the government who do not care about the safety of our security forces or civilians as much as they should.

Can you, for a minute, imagine what would happen if Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan were forced to go out on patrols without BPJs? The opposition parties, supported by the people, would probably make the people responsible run naked through the streets of Helmand. I remember a time when the Canadian government was under fire for not providing the soldiers with enough armored vehicles, and it damn nearly brought the government to its knees. They literally had to apologize, and purchase armored vehicles from other ISAF forces.

$1800 per day billed to the U.S. What can we do? You need the vests so we can't return them home but we can't get the no-objection certificate from your Interior Ministry.
Feel free to subtract it from the overdue allied funds. If we ever get them, that is. Your people have probably learnt from all the years of dealing with our governments; if a certain percentage doesn't go into their personal accounts, there is no deal.

Sir, we are in a state of partial-war, are we not? Do we require to go through a million layers of bureaucracy to help our policemen, FC-men and soldiers survive bullets to the body? Are we really that insensitive to their requirements?
State of war does not mean lawlessness; if the N.O.C. was required, the related authorities had to obtain it and well ahead of time so the jackets could reach to the men in time.

When these BPJs are sitting inside storage rooms in an Airport instead of being on the bodies our security forces, how can we not protest? It's not like they are not available, or the US is withholding themfrom us; they're right there!
I dont have problem with your protest, rather on the fact that none of us exactly know what is going on between the Home Ministry and the US embassy, yet we are putting all the blame on one party.

Lastly, in this one issue, at least, we cannot blame the Americans for not following our laws. The BPJs were sent over at the request of NWFP police, and the required paperwork should have been taken care of by them.
Not obtaining N.O.C. from the home ministry is following the law? Who knows who had to do the paper work, but the fact is, paper work was not complete and as a result the jackets are still not released. So, next time, get the paper work done well ahead of time instead of asking to relax the laws in the name of state-of-war.

This really points to a need to streamline the availability of critical equipment in our country, whether it be civilian or military. It also points out the fact that there are those in the government who do not care about the safety of our security forces or civilians as much as they should.
This simply means that whatever parties are involved, have to communicate and get the paper work done ahead of time to the delivery of the required stuff could be made in time.

Can you, for a minute, imagine what would happen if Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan were forced to go out on patrols without BPJs? The opposition parties, supported by the people, would probably make the people responsible run naked through the streets of Helmand. I remember a time when the Canadian government was under fire for not providing the soldiers with enough armored vehicles, and it damn nearly brought the government to its knees. They literally had to apologize, and purchase armored vehicles from other ISAF forces.
Get the required paper work done in time and get your stuff in time, simple as that.

"Feel free to subtract it from the overdue allied funds."

Who else besides us incurs this obligation? Any other nation? The entire world is endangered by acts of terror but it is ONLY America that incurs such a cost. Feel free to provide for the visas necessary for our accountants to verify these expeditures and be able to attest to such before our congress and citizens.

No nation is obligated to underwrite another's defense. If you fight for yourselves then assist us in helping you do so by facilitating the entry of these folks to your country. If you fight for us and don't agree to our needs, then cease fighting. Meanwhile nobody shall be underwriting America's defense but ourselves.

"If we ever get them, that is."

We've done our part on this equipment for your police officers. They sit for one and one-half years in your country.

Your people have probably learnt from all the years of dealing with our governments; if a certain percentage doesn't go into their personal accounts, there is no deal."

Perhaps that explains the accountants as some measure of protection. I am deeply sorry for the men whose lives have been lost that might not have otherwise been with these vests but I don't see such as America's fault whatsoever.

Everyone is trying to take lead in bashing the bureaucracy based on what? a 3rd page news! Did any one bother to know why this happened? Maybe its a fowl play, maybe its genuine. I am pretty sure the officials had some reasons for still holding them. They are life jackets, alright, but does it mean they should be allowed into the country without any procedural requirements? It always needs two hands to clap, putting all the blame on one party is not the most desirable thing. Yes the jackets are not being cleared, but did the other party fulfilled the requirements or the paper work or whatever? If the N.O.C. was required, why it was not obtained prior to importing these jackets? Does it not tell that the US embassy and people dealing with it care least about the Pakistani laws?

Blame, and curse, and do whatever you like, but for God's sake, at least listen to the other side as well. None of us have any clue other than speculation and guesses, yet here we are acting as if we know exactly what happened.

there is no ******** foul-play - the local company that makes such vests is 'paying-off' the MoI to delay the NoC - this is how it works in this country:hitwall:

Qsaark,

State of war---times of war---like war times---on war footings---things are not operated in a normal peace time manner when a nation is on war footings---where the millitary is mobilized and fighting a major battle on multiple fronts and security forces are threatened of their lives on a daily basis---material used in war is cleared in a speedier manner.

It is just a matter of conscience and understanding.

Qsaark,

State of war---times of war---like war times---on war footings---things are not operated in a normal peace time manner when a nation is on war footings---where the millitary is mobilized and fighting a major battle on multiple fronts and security forces are threatened of their lives on a daily basis---material used in war is cleared in a speedier manner.

It is just a matter of conscience and understanding.
This is not a conventional war; You need things expedited, declare a state of emergency. The jackets were for the Police not for the Army. Besides, those who need the Jackets and those who are providing them know the laws and requirements hence they had to to obtain the N.O.C. well ahead of time. If they failed to obtain the required documents, this is their fault, not that of Ministry of Interior's.

And keep ranking my posts lowly, with every such one sided action, you reveal little more shallowness of your personality and intolerance towards the opinion different than yours (no wonder you are staunchest supporter of dictatorships). I'll raise this issue with Webby and Asim soon. you are acting as if you are a god of some kind. You must decide, you want to get engage in a debate, or want to become a Judge. You cant be a Judge and an attorney at the same time.

Last edited:
there is no ******** foul-play - the local company that makes such vests is 'paying-off' the MoI to delay the NoC - this is how it works in this country:hitwall:
You sure have evidence to back your claim up. Hopefully, you would like to share that evidence with the rest of us?

Last edited:
Hi,

Well, let me put another twist to this scenario---this time instead for the lives of our frontier force---we have another issue---we have an outbreak of EBOLA VIRUS---incidently we have our chief microbiologist our very own QSAARK who has been appointed to carry out the lab tests---.

Incidently we have a lack of proper equipment to do the lab work and the united states is kind enough to send us some protection suits on the next flight coming in so that our scientist QSAARK can wear into the lab---the customs clearing officer states that there is no no obection certificate and he would not clear it.

The order comes from the president to send QSAARK into the lab at all cost regardless of the circumstances. Our dear member Mastankhan is worried that his brother from the other mother will not survive this encounter with the ebola---so he takes it upon himself and raid the customs warehouse---releases the protective suits---brings them to QSAARK who wears them to the lab---does the experiments---finds out what strain it is and finds the cure. QSAARK is safe---but here is the problem--the customs and police are after mastankhan for grand theft---. They say that it is the law of the land---mastankhan's hands need to be cut off for stealing---and as he stole from the federal govt---all his property must be confiscated and his family put out on the street.

Now Mastankhan did it for the love of his brother to save his life---should mastankhan pay for this crime of saving the life of his BFTOM and the lives of many other. Or there is something as common sense that needs to prevail for a better and proactive approach of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom