What's new

A.Q Khan's 'secret letter' to wife?

Instead of verifying the facts written in the letter, why not you guys do forensic test of that letter for writing match. It would solve wheher the letter is from Khan or someone else...:pakistan:

I don't have the letter - verifying whether it is indeed AQ Khan or not is the job of those who possess it.

And even if it is AQ Khan, some of the allegations made in it are verifiable false as shown already, which means it ruins the credibility of all the claims made.

That is why the allegations made in the letter are being debunked, because if the allegations are false (and they are) then it does not matter who wrote the letter - the letter is wrong.

I don't have the letter - verifying whether it is indeed AQ Khan or not is the job of those who possess it.

And even if it is AQ Khan, some of the allegations made in it are verifiable false as shown already, which means it ruins the credibility of all the claims made.

That is why the allegations made in the letter are being debunked, because if the allegations are false (and they are) then it does not matter who wrote the letter - the letter is wrong.

It matters a lot.. no one listen to me if i m going to make all these claims.. but if a esteemed person of that magnitude is writing such kind of letter then you need to :sniper:

It matters a lot.. no one listen to me if i m going to make all these claims.. but if a esteemed person of that magnitude is writing such kind of letter then you need to :sniper:

And if the esteemed person is blatantly wrong, even to the point of claiming conversations with non-existent personalities and credit for constructing an enrichment facility that is in fact easily shown to have been constructed by the USSR?

If the esteemed person is making such blatantly incorrect claims in that 'letter' will you still accept it?

Just because a person is 'esteemed' does not remove that person's work and comments from being analyzed for erroneous information - any intelligent reader or student will validate what is being said, not just take it at face value, and what is being said in this letter is at the moment a lot of verifiable BS.

And if the esteemed person is blatantly wrong, even to the point of claiming conversations with non-existent personalities and credit for constructing an enrichment facility that is in fact easily shown to have been constructed by the USSR?

If the esteemed person is making such blatantly incorrect claims in that 'letter' will you still accept it?

Just because a person is 'esteemed' does not remove that person's work and comments from being analyzed for erroneous information - any intelligent reader or student will validate what is being said, not just take it at face value, and what is being said in this letter is at the moment a lot of verifiable BS.

Here i was referring to Dr. Khan, if he has written this propaganda letter then don't forgive him just b'coz of his past deeds.. he is defaming ur country in whole world..

Here i was referring to Dr. Khan, if he has written this propaganda letter then don't forgive him just b'coz of his past deeds.. he is defaming ur country in whole world..

I agree that if he is shown to have written that letter, that he should be punished for what he has done.

Unfortunately, there are enough Musharraf haters in the Pakistani media and body politic who see AQ Khan as a 'scapegoat' of Musharraf's' (at the bidding of the US), and in their hate for Musharraf (and pride in AQ Khan as the 'father of the bomb') they have ensured that there will be a severe political backlash against a government that takes action against AQ Khan.

That is why he is essentially in 'limbo' - the GoP does not want to release him, yet they don't want to incur the political cost of putting him on trial for his misdeeds either - so he is released by the courts, put back under house arrest, released ... - there are far more important issues to tackle in terms of terrorism and the economy.

At this point I am just hoping he dies in his sleep or something

hi AM just checked times now, they are debating on the letter and arnav has a copy of that letter wriiten by Dr Khan. Henderson is also in that plz do check..

hi AM just checked times now, they are debating on the letter and arnav has a copy of that letter wriiten by Dr Khan. Henderson is also in that plz do check..

If they address any of the points raised about the incorrect facts mentioned in the article, please post them here.

A scanned copy of the four page handwritten letter ‘allegedly’ written by A.Q Khan to his wife has been reproduced in the ‘Sunday Times’ Mag. For some reason it is not available in the online version. Also, there is a photo of A.Q Khan with the writer of the article-Simon Henderson confirming the fact that they knew each other. Apparently Simon Henderson and AQK have been pen friends for 23 years and have met in person twice. So, anyone interested in seeing those photos and the copy of the letter-get yourselves a hard copy of the Sunday Times!

The only way of making nukes is its prolifieration.Russia transfers its nukes to India,US to israel,Britain to France so stop crying like a baby its just bussiness.Every country has right to make nukes. :sniper:

The only way of making nukes is its prolifieration.Russia transfers its nukes to India,US to israel,Britain to France so stop crying like a baby its just bussiness.Every country has right to make nukes. :sniper:

First of all no one is crying like a baby, its a revelation by a British journo.
Secondly by your logic the role of China in Pakistan's nuke capability is understandable. But why selling it to Libya, Iran and North Korea. Is it in exchange of missile tech from North Korea? Even then what about Libya and Iran? have you got some kind of contract or obligation to proliferate nukes? care to explain.

Sir if russia helped india then there shouldn't be any doubts on our H bombs test hehe. Well anyway about A.Q Khan i would like to say is he been made scapegoat. Real culprits were pakistan goverment. A.Q Khan took all blame onto him self. Credit should go to him. Nevertheless he was part of dirty game that been played. Now because of it even afghanistan soon wanna be nuclear power state. N.korea, iran, libya, myanmar and god knows who else. Man o man every country wanna be nuclear power now. Thanks to Pak goverment and A.Q Khan.

So far there is nothing to show that AQ Khan was made a 'scapegoat' by the GoP or PA.

First, this article stands discredited in terms of its accuracy because of the blantantly wrong claims that have been pointed out.

Second, there is hardly any motive for Pakistan as a state to proliferate to Iran and Libya. At the time that Khan alleges he was asked to proliferate by the GoP/PA, Pakistan would have had a very strong strategic relationship with the Saudis, including gaining influence in and stabilizing Afghanistan - there is no way the PA would jeopardize that relationship by proliferating to Iran, and for what? A pipe dream of an "Islamic bloc' at some unknown future date? Its an absurd argument.

The Libyans were in fact pretty mad at Pakistan after ZA Bhutto (a close friend of Gaddafi) was hung, and they essentially cut off ties and expelled all Pakistanis. Now all of a sudden it is being argued that the PA decided to give them nuke technology - for what? Proliferating to Saudi Arabia makes sense since they were pumping in billions into Pakistan and Afghanistan (and likely into the nuke program), but there have been no accusations regarding that.

The allegation of proliferating to North Korea for '3 million dollars' is just ludicrous - 3 million dollars is a measly amount for a state, and the NK's were working on a Plutonium based weapon in contrast to Pakistan's uranium based program.

There are way to many loopholes in the article and the claims of 'AQ Khan was made a scapegoat' in terms of out right factual errors and lack of motive to proliferate (to Libya and Iran at least) for the Pakistani State and its institutions.

Has A.Q.Khan issued any statements regarding the letters?

How authentic is this stuff?

chill out guys... yesterday was watching briefing from the Us state Dept...... they have nothing much to say..... too many big names are there in the letter......I think international community itself is more than Interested to forget this( at least in short term)...... Recently pak. get IAEA board membership or something like tht( don't remember exactly).... if they remain hold this position( after this kind of clandistine work)... then raising this issue for now is like fluging a dead horse...... Lets move on

So far there is nothing to show that AQ Khan was made a 'scapegoat' by the GoP or PA.

First, this article stands discredited in terms of its accuracy because of the blantantly wrong claims that have been pointed out.

Second, there is hardly any motive for Pakistan as a state to proliferate to Iran and Libya. At the time that Khan alleges he was asked to proliferate by the GoP/PA, Pakistan would have had a very strong strategic relationship with the Saudis, including gaining influence in and stabilizing Afghanistan - there is no way the PA would jeopardize that relationship by proliferating to Iran, and for what? A pipe dream of an "Islamic bloc' at some unknown future date? Its an absurd argument.

The Libyans were in fact pretty mad at Pakistan after ZA Bhutto (a close friend of Gaddafi) was hung, and they essentially cut off ties and expelled all Pakistanis. Now all of a sudden it is being argued that the PA decided to give them nuke technology - for what? Proliferating to Saudi Arabia makes sense since they were pumping in billions into Pakistan and Afghanistan (and likely into the nuke program), but there have been no accusations regarding that.

The allegation of proliferating to North Korea for '3 million dollars' is just ludicrous - 3 million dollars is a measly amount for a state, and the NK's were working on a Plutonium based weapon in contrast to Pakistan's uranium based program.

There are way to many loopholes in the article and the claims of 'AQ Khan was made a scapegoat' in terms of out right factual errors and lack of motive to proliferate (to Libya and Iran at least) for the Pakistani State and its institutions.

I think Pakistan decided to give nuclear tech to NK in return for missle technology. And an islamic bomb angle too wouldn't defy logic, given the influence of hardcore religious people HAD in your nations policies.

But its sure that, a single man didnt make your nuclear arsneal and a single man alone cannot be blamed for nuclear prolifiration.

And the contrasting way in which AQ Khan is treated itself is evident of the Pak role. If indeed he is guilty of nuclear prolifiration, its treason and he should have been delt with death penalty, but instead hes just cut off from the world and kept under house arrest.

So even if look at each and every word trying to find a logic, its very hard to digest that pak establishment didnt ever have a role in this entire episode.

Back
Top Bottom