What's new

A Pakistani Compares—Hindus in Sindh with Muslims in UP

Why do you forget this when comparing Pakistan's minorities?

You go out into the market in Pakistan every shop dealer will try to cheat you. It is very frustrating, you have to assume, that everybody is a liar. Same with minorities, wherever you can be cheated you will be cheated.

Nobody actively thinks and plots against minorities. **** just happens sometimes. We don't want it to, just as we don't want other crappy things to happen.

Again, I was talking of the economic aspect.

On political aspect, there is not discrimination against Muslims, in fact, they are in a pretty commanding position nowadays.

Can't say the same of Hindus in Sindh. That is exactly what the OP talks about.

Dear Sir,

Let me share with you a dreadful secret, which you must promise never to repeat.

The police in India take bribes from everyone. All they need is a reason. Being Muslim is a good reason, because the Muslim and the policeman neither of them really want to test it. Being a milkman, for instance, is also a reason, and the fact that the milkman is a Hindu has nothing to do with the price of eggs. Being in a car and having a motorcycle smash himself to pieces against you while you are standing stock still at a traffic light is a VERY good reason; it doesn't matter then whether you are Muslim or Hindu, it does matter that you look like you would juice up.

I am sorry if this bruises any illusions.

With warm regards,

Let me reveal another top secret about Pakistan, we have some bad laws anyway and some even worse law enforcement for ALL Pakistanis.

India having a minority president is a Farce and a Mirage and amounts to India pulling wool over the World's eyes. it is Indian policy to make a President out of minorities to show to the World that India is fair and yet Muslim minority is at the bottom of economic ladder. Had India been fair to Muslims there would not have been any Pakistan and Bangladesh. Period.

Muslims in undivided India were 35 to 40 % of Indian Population and had they received their commensurate rights, they would not have demanded a separate homeland. You can elect all the minority Presidents, it does not change the unfairness of Hindu dominated India.

You guys got to make up your mind. Some say that it ws Bin Qasim on a camel who created Pakistan in 786 and then some of you say that it was the Hindus that created Pakistan. And then how has India created Bangladesh??

Again, I was talking of the economic aspect.

On political aspect, there is not discrimination against Muslims, in fact, they are in a pretty commanding position nowadays.

Can't say the same of Hindus in Sindh. That is exactly what the OP talks about.

There is no enforcement of the laws as there is no intention and spirit of the law.

UP is something I know about so I can comment. The travel as a Muslim from Lucknow to Jhansi is especially great. Put on a Namazi topi and your choice in Kurta with some pants or shalwar or jeans even.

The trip starts fine from Lucknow but in some areas you can be harassed if you look like that. Especially if you go through the local dabba. The local dabba is filled with people jam packed against each other so they don't especially take kindly to Muslims sometimes.

Muslims have to pay for the premium dabba which is like 5-7 times more expensive. Nothing premium about it, just has those thin wooden chairs.

LoL, what you write is a load of trash. Just go to Karims or any hotel / dhaba in the Jama Masjid area in Delhi in the evening or morning on weekends and you will find food lovers cramping against each other to eat. In those blissful places, there is no religion only the love of eating fantastic generations old culinary dishes. You got on the wrong train. Do it again please :)

LoL, what you write is a load of trash. Just go to Karims or any hotel / dhaba in the Jama Masjid area in Delhi in the evening or morning on weekends and you will find food lovers cramping against each other to eat. In those blissful places, there is no religion only the love of eating fantastic generations old culinary dishes. You got on the wrong train. Do it again please :)

So? Go to Mandirs in Pakistan during Holi and Diwali and see a festive time there too. You guys got so excited about the comparison but can't stand your ground when questions are asked of you too.

Perhaps not entirely on Topic..
But is not odd and impressive that UP has been the centre of India's power plays for centuries now?

Perhaps not entirely on Topic..
But is not odd and impressive that UP has been the centre of India's power plays for centuries now?

Now its mainly has to do with the population. Mayawati actually wanted UP to be split into 4. Don't know why Central Govt was hesitant to capture this opportunity.

Now its mainly has to do with the population. Mayawati actually wanted UP to be split into 4. Don't know why Central Govt was hesitant to capture this opportunity.

Because then that 1/4th of the state would become Mayawati's fiefdom. That's something we don't want. I feel very pitiful towards the people of UP who are still stuck in 15th century. They've not come out of that mentality to be mature enough for cleaner politics to be played and tend to stick to the losers even today.

Wish they get the sense of voting soon.

Because then that 1/4th of the state would become Mayawati's fiefdom. That's something we don't want. I feel very pitiful towards the people of UP who are still stuck in 15th century. They've not come out of that mentality to be mature enough for cleaner politics to be played and tend to stick to the losers even today.

Wish they get the sense of voting soon.

Whats better 1/4th or the whole state going to dogs ?

UP is something I know about so I can comment. The travel as a Muslim from Lucknow to Jhansi is especially great. Put on a Namazi topi and your choice in Kurta with some pants or shalwar or jeans even.

The trip starts fine from Lucknow but in some areas you can be harassed if you look like that. Especially if you go through the local dabba. The local dabba is filled with people jam packed against each other so they don't especially take kindly to Muslims sometimes.

Muslims have to pay for the premium dabba which is like 5-7 times more expensive. Nothing premium about it, just has those thin wooden chairs.

It is not muslims but everyone who has to pay 5-7 times normal rate at a dhabba.Anyone who looks like an outsider has to pay it.Dhabbas have regular customer in form of truck drivers from whom they charge normal rates.They also have deals with Bus drivers to stop bus at their Dhaba where they charge 5-7 times from passangers.

Once i was travelling to shimla by bus and stopped at a dhaba to have lunch.I decided to order a Dal(Rs 100/-) and 4 chappatis( Rs 25/- each).The total bill came out as RS 425/-.

You know how?

The dhaba charged Rs 100/- for 4 peices of Onions they called as salad which i have not ordered and when it was served without ordering,i thought it was complementary and RS 25/- for butter on each roti and in Dal.

The difference between the two situations is, Indian Muslims (especially the ones from UP) are the most impoverished, backward community in India, even more than Dalits. Hindus in Pakistan are however, very resourceful, financially sound; quite prosperous & integrated in mainstream Pakistani society (the recent incidents of kidnapping are disturbing, but they have suffered less than Muslims from UP).

I think your views are dominated by assumptions on the situation of the Muslims of Uttar Pradesh.

So? Go to Mandirs in Pakistan during Holi and Diwali and see a festive time there too. You guys got so excited about the comparison but can't stand your ground when questions are asked of you too.

While anecdotal stories are fun over tea, the OP is about political empowerment of the post partition minorities and gives some facts and figures. Those facts and digures would be worth questioning.

It would be relevant to note here that the sindhi community that moved to India (mainly maharashtra) and continues to move, is very very successful and perfectly integrated in India and does not face the ''MQM problem''.

Once i was travelling to shimla by bus and stopped at a dhaba to have lunch.I decided to order a Dal(Rs 100/-) and 4 chappatis( Rs 25/- each).The total bill came out as RS 425/-.

You know how?

The dhaba charged Rs 100/- for 4 peices of Onions they called as salad which i have not ordered and when it was served without ordering,i thought it was complementary and RS 25/- for butter on each roti and in Dal.

WTF? Rs 25 for a chapati that too in a dabba. Was it a 5 star dabba?? In my city you can have a chappati set (2 chappatis, veg curry, pickles and some onion pieces) from a relatively good restaurant for rs 25-35.

WTF? Rs 25 for a chapati that too in a dabba. Was it a 5 star dabba?? In my city the price per chappati ranges from Rs 6 to Rs 10. Don't know about what they charge in star hotels.

I am from delhi and here also chappatis are of Rs 5/- only.That's why i am telling this.This has happened twice with me.If one is thinking about eating at roadside dhabba, he should check the menu thoroughly.Dhabas keep the rate of visible items like dals,panner etc at just little more than normal and massively overcharge for things like chappatis and salads whose price no one bother to check.

Back
Top Bottom