What's new

A new year for DRDO (lots of info guys)

@sancho , you shouldn't miss this thread.

Interesting systems lined up for this year.

I didn't missed it, but I have seen DRDO lining up systems for years so this is nothing special and I am waiting for them to deliver these systems. When they do and they can fulfill the operational requirements, I join the party too.

See.....
Rustom is a MALE UAV.
Rustom H is HALE UAV.
Rustom 2 is HALE UAV but can be used for comba also.

Rustom 2 and H are the same and are medium altitude drones, so MALE:

Rustom-MALE.jpg

Rustom 2 and H are the same and are medium altitude drones, so MALE:

Rustom-MALE.jpg

No Sir,Rustom H is being developed as a HALE UAV,H stands for high altitude.Here is it:
Development of Rustom-2 (H)
HALE UAV will shift into higher
gears from next year, when
Agencies will start testing
components for Rustom-2 (H)
HALE UAV, According to media
reports first prototype will be
ready by end of 2013 and first
flight is likely to occur in first
quarter of 2014.
Designing of Rustom-2 has
been completed, and agencies
are selecting a development
partner for which major Private
sector defence companies have
given their proposal, Rustom-2
(H) HALE UAV will be UAV in class
of American RQ-1 Predator.
Rustom-2 will have flight
endurance of over 24 hours and
will be able to operate above
30000 ft, DRDO plans to
complete the entire test and
enter its production by end of
2016. All three Services have
shown keen Interest in the
Project and have their firm
backing on this Rustom-2
project.
Rustom-2 MK-2 will carry
External Weapons like American
RQ-1 Predator. As per sources
Army and Navy have shown keen
interest in this variant .India is
looking to replace Israeli made
UAV in its current fleet with
indigenously made Rustom-1
and Rustom-2.
Rustom-2 Mk-2 will be test bed
of lot of technologies which will
ultimately find its place in
India’s UCAV Project Aura, which
will take to air by 2020, but the
Project will officially go on line
only after Rustom-2 enters
Production in 2016.

No Sir,Rustom H is being developed as a HALE UAV,H stands for high altitude.

As I said, that's the common misconception, but H is just the designation of the drone (probably to distinguish it from the first Rustom) and has nothing to do with high altitude, the spec board that I showed is officially from DRDO and cleary says "Medium Altitude Long Endruance" => MALE

And here a DRDO presentation, where they confirm it too:

Any idea what optonrics the RUSTOM 2 will have? Indian or imported? if imported Israeli optics are likely.

I guess so too, but that might be decided later, first they are looking for other more basic equipment to get the bird flying.

As I said, that's the common misconception, but H is just the designation of the drone (probably to distinguish it from the first Rustom) and has nothing to do with high altitude, the spec board that I showed is officially from DRDO and cleary says "Medium Altitude Long Endruance" => MALE

And here a DRDO presentation, where they confirm it too:

I guess so too, but that might be decided later, first they are looking for other more basic equipment to get the bird flying.

YEAH but the specboard you posted is for Rustom,not Rustom 2/H.And I pulled nothing out of my imagination or conception but from the article I posted.Now I don't know whether the reporter fucked it up or not.

YEAH but the specboard you posted is for Rustom,not Rustom 2/H.And I pulled nothing out of my imagination or conception but from the article I posted.Now I don't know whether the reporter fucked it up or not.

Not it isn't, the picture alone should make that clear, but even if not, the specs also shows that they are not of Rustom 1:

Rustom-1+poster.jpg

As I said, there is a general confusion because of the designations DRDO has chosen for the drones.

Last edited:
And I was eagerly waiting for Rustom 2. Can't wait for the tests.. :victory::victory:

I'm jumping in joy
Cant' wait for DRDO's Multi caliber gun..been waiting for 3 years as of now.
yayayayayayay yayayayayaya :victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

My favorite..
I'm so proud of DRDO. Hope there wont be any bias or foreign lobbying. DRDO DRDO DRDO is best :sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

I have been waiting for this since it was announced to be in trial with IA

Back
Top Bottom