Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Health Ministry: About 85 % of Turks don’t drink alcohol

Some 84.9 percent of Turks say they do not consume alcohol, according to a Health Ministry study titled "Health and Nutrition in Turkey" conducted among 44,607 participants, Hurriyet Daily News reported.

According to the study, women between the ages of 19-30 consume an average of 1.75 liters of alcohol per year, while women between the ages of 31-50 consume an average of 0.55 liters of alcohol per year.

Men between the ages of 31-50 consume an average of 14.46 liters of alcohol per year, while it is an average of 12.91 liters among men between the ages of 51-64. Men between the ages of 19-30 consume an average of 0.93 liters of alcohol per year, according to the ministry's data.

The report also revealed that Turks living in rural areas consume alcohol more than those living in urban areas.

The survey also yielded other intriguing results, such as body sizes in comparison with education levels.

The survey revealed that women of lower education levels tended to be heavier, although the weight of men did not differ according to their level of education.

Shopping for food is mostly done by women in Turkish households. In 60 percent of all households surveyed, women do the shopping for food and beverages.Meanwhile, a majority of respondents, 72.5 percent, said they were influenced by commercials when buying snacks such as chocolate, wafers and chips.

Only 47 percent of respondents said they ate vegetables every day.

The study also shows that 11.9 percent of Turkish people consume potato chips once or twice a week, 9.2 percent consume readymade soups once a month. People eat traditional Turkish foods pide and lahmacun once or twice every month.

Health Ministry: About 85 % of Turks don’t drink alcohol - Trend.Az

Last edited:
Interesting. Thought it would be more.

I actually think that some Arab countries drink more alcohol but probably a large percentage of them are due to the Christian Arabs.

I think it's always difficult to make such surveys. I am sure that some people tell another thing that they really do for cultural reasons. Unless this is completely anonymous.

Most of the Muslims I know in the West, Arabs included, do drink alcohol on occasions when intermingling with non-Muslims.

The report also revealed that Turks living in rural areas consume alcohol more than those living in urban areas.

Any reason for that? Thought that it would be the exact opposite.

resized_y-u-no-meme-generator-nono-y-u-no-drink-5d584e.jpg

WTF is wrong with turks......
why they no drink .......:cray::cray::cray:

look..what are they saying.....listen to them..plzzz...:D:D
1947813_10152084971661840_1415419024_n.jpg

In a lot of Arab countries as well as Iran they drink home made moonshine. I know they do this in Iran a lot because my Iranian brother in law said they used to make it in his village.

I expected better from your people. :(

In a lot of Arab countries as well as Iran they drink home made moonshine. I know they do this in Iran a lot because my Iranian brother in law said they used to make it in his village.

Arak.

Alcohol itself is of Arabic origin. Believe it or not but the Arabs of the Middle Ages, especially the rulers, drank wine and alcohol. I don't know how this occurred. If you read about the biographies of the Caliphs and first generation of Muslims you will notice that many of them engaged in drinking before they converted to Islam.

Anyway obviously the Muslims are those that drink the least.

What is the Jewish view on alcohol btw? I have heard that some Orthodox Jews do not drink alcohol? Is that right?

I seriously doubt this. their leader used to drink even in the middle of the day .

Arak.

Alcohol itself is of Arabic origin. Believe it or not but the Arabs of the Middle Ages, especially the rulers, drank wine and alcohol. I don't know how this occurred. If you read about the biographies of the Caliphs and first generation of Muslims you will notice that many of them engaged in drinking before they converted to Islam.

Anyway obviously the Muslims are those that drink the least.

What is the Jewish view on alcohol btw? I have heard that some Orthodox Jews do not drink alcohol? Is that right?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
This thread is not for you to make stuff up and brag about the lies you created, please refrain from doing so.

I used to love Arak, but hate it now.

Are you sure Arabs were the first to make alcohol? I know the Chinese did thousands of years ago. I'm not sure if it was Arabs who made it. I know the middle east is where wine & beer was originally made.

I'm not sure about the ultra ultra orthodox - but in Judaism we drink. We're supposed to toast with Shabbat wine every Friday night and we bless it.

Jews are not big drinkers traditionally. In Israel going back to the early 80's, it was quite rare and only low alcohol beer and some sweet Shabbat wine was what we drank.

Once the Russian immigration happened, you won't be surprised to hear that alcohol became very popular :lol:

These days it's prevalent, but Israelis still don't drink to the excess of the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom