What's new

8 Myths About India's Growth

Why are Indians always in denials of facts about their country?

There is no contest. East Asians are in a different league. China's population is perhaps the only thing holding them back, otherwise they too would have been like Taiwan, Japan, Singpore long ago.

India is surrounded by failed nations. Very promising for the region.

Surrounded by failed nations? Hmm, aren't you the same person who considered Arab nations as an example for mankind?

If I have not been to a country or done serious research, I won't just quote a random article and start a **** contest.

Stop stupid threads and respect other countries. I even don't know why some of you Chinese members here keep bringing up India this India that. Leave India alone unless it has something to do with China or international relationship.

My brain felt like it was hit by a thunderbolt, when I read that. A voice of reason by a Chinese, in a troll thread? Who would ever have expected that? I didn't see that coming.

Precisely. India's growth or lack of growth is not going to affect China in any way. What is the bloody point, in posting random articles to keep saying "India won't do well, India won't do well"? It just doesn't make sense for Chinese people to be so obsessed with India. Like others have said, the only possibility is that most of these are false flaggers, ashamed to show their own flag. I know only one country that needs to feel threatened by India's growth. I know only one country who's ego is hurt to hear anything good about India. I know only one country who's people get an ego boost, not by praising their country, but by dissing India.

And by the way, none of these "myths" existed, even as myths, before the author wrote them down. Indians don't talk about being a superpower, Indians don't have any delusions of overtaking China any time soon. But yes, Indians are by and large happy with the fact that India's economy is rising, and living standards anre improving, and poverty is decreasing, and food and good health are becoming available for everyone. And yes, most Indians believe that their children will have mucch higher standards of living than they do, just like most of them enjoy a better standard of living than their parents did. Because India IS growing. Comparing the growth rate with other countries for point scoring? People who do that need to get a life.

On this thread too, you will notice that only a bangladeshi troll used the "superpower" word. Only the trolls from that country and members of a certain other country use that word, and keep braying that Indians all believe that India is a superpower. Nobody else has any such delusion, so constantly posting articles to say that India is not a superpower is rather pointless.

Yes, India is growing. No, it is not growing as fast as China. Yes, it will be a middle income economy in a decade or so. No, we won't be as rich as Europeans or even Chinese. Yes, industries and businesses are booming in India. No, not as much as in China. Yes, we will be one of the strongest military powers in the world. No, not as strong as China. Yes, we will be one of the biggest economies in the world. No, not as big as China. Yes, India's poverty is reducing. No, we have not eliminated poverty yet, and there are still many poor people in India (as if there isn't in nearby countries.) There - that should settle it, shouldn't it? For the silly anti India trolls to get their daily pleasure.

My brain felt like it was hit by a thunderbolt, when I read that. A voice of reason by a Chinese, in a troll thread? Who would ever have expected that? I didn't see that coming.

Precisely. India's growth or lack of growth is not going to affect China in any way. What is the bloody point, in posting random articles to keep saying "India won't do well, India won't do well"? It just doesn't make sense for Chinese people to be so obsessed with India. Like others have said, the only possibility is that most of these are false flaggers, ashamed to show their own flag. I know only one country that needs to feel threatened by India's growth. I know only one country who's ego is hurt to hear anything good about India. I know only one country who's people get an ego boost, not by praising their country, but by dissing India.

And by the way, none of these "myths" existed, even as myths, before the author wrote them down. Indians don't talk about being a superpower, Indians don't have any delusions of overtaking China any time soon. But yes, Indians are by and large happy with the fact that India's economy is rising, and living standards anre improving, and poverty is decreasing, and food and good health are becoming available for everyone. And yes, most Indians believe that their children will have mucch higher standards of living than they do, just like most of them enjoy a better standard of living than their parents did. Because India IS growing. Comparing the growth rate with other countries for point scoring? People who do that need to get a life.

On this thread too, you will notice that only a bangladeshi troll used the "superpower" word. Only the trolls from that country and members of a certain other country use that word, and keep braying that Indians all believe that India is a superpower. Nobody else has any such delusion, so constantly posting articles to say that India is not a superpower is rather pointless.

Yes, India is growing. No, it is not growing as fast as China. Yes, it will be a middle income economy in a decade or so. No, we won't be as rich as Europeans or even Chinese. Yes, industries and businesses are booming in India. No, not as much as in China. Yes, we will be one of the strongest military powers in the world. No, not as strong as China. Yes, we will be one of the biggest economies in the world. No, not as big as China. Yes, India's poverty is reducing. No, we have not eliminated poverty yet, and there are still many poor people in India (as if there isn't in nearby countries.) There - that should settle it, shouldn't it? For the silly anti India trolls to get their daily pleasure.

Ahhhhhh.....happy now?

Now YOU know what we have to put up with from Indians. Once you get a taste of your own medicine, you don't like it.

Ahhhhhh.....happy now?

Now YOU know what we have to put up with from Indians. Once you get a taste of your own medicine, you don't like it.

You have been on the forum for about 8 days, isn't it? Unless you have been here in a different avatar before, why would you be so frustrated about Indian posters? Surely, you haven't had to put up with too many such threads by Indians, in these 8 days? Anyway, congrats on your new id.

No, this is just your own passtime. Indians don't keep starting threads about why China won't grow much, why China's growth is fake etc. (You can find plenty of such articles by googling.) Why? Because that only affects them. If they grow, good for them. if they don't, then too bad.

Only false flagging trolls in the Nth incarnation on the forum need to indulge themselves with these troll threads.

(Also, since your only contribution so far on the forum has been 259 such one-line troll posts, at a phenomenal 33.5 a day, forgive me if I don't engage in a further back and forth with you. "You did it. No, YOU did it." sort of non-arguments.)

If you post something constructive, even if it is criticism, I would be happy to respond. But responding to these one liners is a waste of time.

"Indians are lazy, unlike Chinese. So India won't grow." That is the sort of brilliant analyses you have contributed. And 259 of them, to boot.

India trying to skip the stage of industrialization of economic development and straight into information age.

So a nation that is among top 10 nations by manufacturing output is " trying to skip the stage of industrialization" ?:D

India among world’s top 10 manufacturing nations: UNIDO

In reality Indian economy is still in an elementary stage of development.

Yes India is still a factor driven economy

Sooner or later, it will have to revert to the original model, losing a lot of time in the meanwhile.
What is this so called orignial model?

I blame india media misleading Indians to believe they are some kind of economy power house , the reality is india is on the borderline of a failed state

Coming from a nation that has a province or part of territorial ruled by a parallel Govt , having own economy, currency and military, i don't think even Somalia has such a misery :D

So a nation that is among top 10 nations by manufacturing output is " trying to skip the stage of industrialization" ?:D

India among world’s top 10 manufacturing nations: UNIDO

Yes India is still a factor driven economy

What is this so called orignial model?

Ask yourself the pattern of economic develop of some of the world's largest economies, the UK under went industrial revolution in the mid 1800s, the US is late to early 1900s, none of their economy became service oriented / information driven until the late 70s/early 80s, out of all European countries Germany remained semi-industrialised and that's why they remain the undisputed economic power in Europe.
The industrialisation stage of economic development is characterised by massive improvement to infrastructure / technology and social society, the UK had the steam engine, American had their rail roads. China is replicating a similar model, where are India's improvements? (Angi missile? Weapons procurement?)

India is the world's number 10 manufactuer in a country that has 1.2 billion people but it's industrial output is around world's 1.5%, it still deludes itself believing its a heavy consumption economy when in fact it lacks the infrastructure and the wealth to either produce enough consumer goods (imports from China) or services for domestic consumption (services are not a NEED). How can consumption drive Indian growth, when it struggles to even feed every body there?

When China was a 2 trillion economy, the roads were paved, electricity worked and almost everyone had the basic necessities of life, measure the HDI and infrastructure between China in 2002 to India in 2013 you will notice the stark differences and explains why India future growth would never replicate the one China had in the 00s.

It was funny to see how baseless arguments indians provided in this thread and how difficult it is for them to absorb reality and I guess its the actual difference b/w India and china as chinese are very rational and down to earth while indians on the other hands are like empty vessels which only makes loud noise with having any real substance.

I am sure many indians believe that in another 7-8 decades they may surpass china but thinking rationally we never see this happening just look how cautiously china is moving against US taking care of every minute detail.Is india capable of doing so against china with all this poverty and population and illiteracy ,I dont see it happening in another 1000 years rest indians have all the rights to dream.

Back
Top Bottom