What's new

54 missing Indian soldiers in Pakistan's custody

Maybe POW might have known some ugly secrets of Pakistani war... It may be the reason for pakistanis not freeing them...

Such as? I hope they don't know about the following secret projects:

1) Quick Sand in a box
2) Instant Undergrowth growth potion
3) Tornado in a bottle
4) Sticky old peanut butter grenade.

DETAIN THEM I SAY! WE CANNOT ALLOW THESE SECRETS TO BE REVEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!

With some form of thaw in relations, one would expect certain goodwill gestures from both sides.
I highly doubt the GOP would have hosted the relatives for a fortnight just for the Kodak moment.
They are (if alive) POWs. And there is very strict international law about custody and human handling of POWs. Pakistan will not like to be in cross hair of UN for the war it had fought 50 years ago.
So it will be more of embarrassment than KODAK moment

If Pakistan does deny any of Indian soldiers in its jail then why not open the jail for a special team of Indians who visit various jails in Pakistan and see for themselves..and India can do the same.

Why in Gods name should Pakistan jump through hoops for your Indians. I didnt see India allowing then, now and in the near future international independent outside observers and investigators to look into the claims of genocide, mass graves and oppression in IOK so why the hell should we..........

Yes i know they would have been killed by now. You should have read the post completely before posting something like that. And little efferts to understand that only INDIA and PAK are recognised as counties by UN.
If you think that guy is your soidier Who had stopped Pakistan from going to UN for this longer time ??? Who had USA as a friend till last two years. It would have been huge hit if you were able to prove that. You didn't guess why ???

And you really want to say that the country who abused him like that would free him as a fishermen ??? One who cared to cut his toung will not bother about his life too. Why release someone who will bring bad name to you ???

Yes i know they would have been killed by now. You should have read the post completely before posting something like that. And little efferts to understand that only INDIA and PAK are recognised as counties by UN.
If you think that guy is your soidier Who had stopped Pakistan from going to UN for this longer time ??? Who had USA as a friend till last two years. It would have been huge hit if you were able to prove that. You didn't guess why ???

We never claimed him because he was presumed KIA, at least bother to read what the other guy posts.

And you really want to say that the country who abused him like that would free him as a fishermen ??? One who cared to cut his toung will not bother about his life too. Why release someone who will bring bad name to you ???

I'd like to think someone took pity on him and just smuggled him out with the fishermen but if you feel that people there are incapable of showing compassion, then I'll take your word for it. They would keep him alive because according to the testimony of psychologists who coaxed the story out of him, he was taken for an officer and tortured for plans. Thus he was kept alive and later, just for a grudge.

Such as? I hope they don't know about the following secret projects:

1) Quick Sand in a box
2) Instant Undergrowth growth potion
3) Tornado in a bottle
4) Sticky old peanut butter grenade.

DETAIN THEM I SAY! WE CANNOT ALLOW THESE SECRETS TO BE REVEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon ICARUS, i am serious... SOme secrets, they dont wish the india or the other world to be known by freeing them...
Every country has such prisoners, and USA will be topping such a list...

Is Ajmal Kasab conidered a POW in your place.

Before any smart Alec comments, try and comprehend what I was replying to.
Likewise, Pakistan is not obliged to open it's jails to any Parnab, Preeti or Patil.

Cmon ICARUS, i am serious... SOme secrets, they dont wish the india or the other world to be known by freeing them...
Every country has such prisoners, and USA will be topping such a list...

On a serious note, those were simple conventional wars, no chemicals, no WMDs, no rendition.
There's hardly anything to keep secret.....

We never claimed him because he was presumed KIA, at least bother to read what the other guy posts.

I'd like to think someone took pity on him and just smuggled him out with the fishermen but if you feel that people there are incapable of showing compassion, then I'll take your word for it. They would keep him alive because according to the testimony of psychologists who coaxed the story out of him, he was taken for an officer and tortured for plans. Thus he was kept alive and later, just for a grudge.
Dude again forget to read this longer time ??? it's never late for such cases. KIA ??? When you didn't find a body it's always MIA never KIA. Standard operating procedure. Your Governmet still can claim that. But problem here is they can claim him as a soldier of Pak as it will be against their stand on Kashmir and open acceptance of their army involment in Kashmir.
POWs- legal or illegal- are never kept in civilian prisons. If you have to smuggle a POW of the the high security perimeter you need A lot of help. It's not possible for a common man.

On a serious note, those were simple conventional wars, no chemicals, no WMDs, no rendition.
ill and inhuman treatment to POWs, if proved , can drag the milletry and political leadership at that time to international court and current leadership has to accept the war crimes. That's humiliation on international stage.

Wars do get ugly sometimes..
Anything might have happened...

Dude again forget to read this longer time ??? it's never late for such cases. KIA ??? When you didn't find a body it's always MIA never KIA. Standard operating procedure. Your Governmet still can claim that. But problem here is they can claim him as a soldier of Pak as it will be against their stand on Kashmir and open acceptance of their army involment in Kashmir.
POWs- legal or illegal- are never kept in civilian prisons. If you have to smuggle a POW of the the high security perimeter you need A lot of help. It's not possible for a common man.

1) Lost in a clandestine operation for 40 years? That's criteria enough to be labelled KIA.
2) Op Gibraltar is already declassified, wouldn't make much sense keeping hush hush over a declassified Op.
3) Yes, they are! All the POWs are transferred to special holdings in Civilian Prisons after the cessation of hostilities.

ill and inhuman treatment to POWs, if proved , can drag the milletry and political leadership at that time to international court and current leadership has to accept the war crimes. That's humiliation on international stage.

Indeed, unfortunately, the tormentors in this case are either dead or close to it, I guess this is one of those cases which will be dealt by Karma.

Wars do get ugly sometimes..
Anything might have happened...

Or nothing might have happened and they may be there just because they were never released. It's just a matter of the glass being half-empty or half-full.

O really? maybe they died in those wars n their bodies were never found?

1) Lost in a clandestine operation for 40 years? That's criteria enough to be labelled KIA.
2) Op Gibraltar is already declassified, wouldn't make much sense keeping hush hush over a declassified Op.
3) Yes, they are! All the POWs are transferred to special holdings in Civilian Prisons after the cessation of hostilities.
1. MIA is declared during or after action is over. Each country has different norms to turn MIA to KIA in terms of time period. If I am not wrong official USA milletry turn MIA to presummed KIA after few years but they keep searching for the evidence. In some cases they are still searching the remains of WW2. In Pak and India it might be different in terms of norms but procedure will be same I guess
2. I don't think Pakistan will officially accept it on international level. Most of Pak leaders keep the line of " moral support only " not a direct involvement. If you are sure the operation is declassified I will like to see the source if you provide.
3. That's what happen to legal POWs. Not for the one you handled and treated illegally. And for this first you have to accept you have POWs in possession if you are decliyng it. It's never gona happen like you stated

Indeed, unfortunately, the tormentors in this case are either dead or close to it, I guess this is one of those cases which will be dealt by Karma..
In such case Pride is the target to achieve than justice. You can find a number of still running case on NAZI SAS commanders. It isn't worth to bring them to justice at this age but it's more of a recognition to the deceased in e action.

Back
Top Bottom