What's new

5 signs India won't become an economic power

Its cheap thats why they got the TN govt contract at Rs 14,000 a piece ($253) a piece.

I guess it must be cheaper in the Indian market, otherwise Indians couldn't afford to buy it.

Still, for an Indian earning $1 dollar a day, even the very low figure of $253 is more than he can afford.

For a decent Lenovo Laptop in the rest of the world though, you will be paying anywhere from $500 to $1000 for a single unit. And I have seen units that go for exponentially more.

I guess it must be cheaper in the Indian market, otherwise Indians couldn't afford to buy it.

Still, for an Indian earning $1 dollar a day, even the very low figure of $253 is more than he can afford.

For a decent Lenovo Laptop in the rest of the world though, you will be paying anywhere from $500 to $1000 for a single unit. And I have seen units that go for exponentially more.

keep your crap to urself.. when you say it is selling maximum number of units, it is only bcoz of Cheap price.. when it is exposed you are now speaking some other tone.

Lenova is a cheap laptop and only buy if u want to save money.

Actually the sons and daughters of Indians you like to make fun of is getting this laptop free of cost. So noboby gives it a damn whether its Lenovo or not..you supplied them at a lower cost that Dell & HP cannot compete. You bagged the contract along with Taiwanese Acer & Indian HCL and pls don't give us the examples of outside world..its not as if we cannot get that products in India.

First you say lenovo was out class Dell and HP and sold highest number of Laptop in India....and Then you say Indian can not afford classy Lenovo....Please make up your mind....if India can not afford then chinese came to India to buy Lenovo.....

By the way 99.99% Indian dont know that lenovo is Chinese product.... they think it is IBM's new name and from USA......Once they come to know ..they will never buy them....

And India is the one buying them. :lol:

Our currency reserves alone are around $3.2 trillion. (That just Forex reserves alone, nothing else.)

Which by itself is already more than double the size of the entire Indian GDP.

and all that money is with US right now.. :lol:

while the poor chinese toil everyday to earn two times meal, all the saving goes back to US again... :lol:

keep your crap to urself.. when you say it is selling maximum number of units, it is only bcoz of Cheap price.. when it is exposed you are now speaking some other tone.

Lenova is a cheap laptop and only buy if u want to save money.

Its mainly that TN contrcat that helped them. I will wait for 2012-2013 results.

And India is the one buying them. :lol:

Our currency reserves alone are around $3.2 trillion. (That just Forex reserves alone, nothing else.)

Which by itself is already more than double the size of the entire Indian GDP.

Check again...China govt took out $200 billion from reserve to save the economy....

....Once they come to know ..they will never buy them....

LOL, is that why India's trade deficit to China is rocketing upwards every year? :lol:

Trade Gap Strains India-China Ties - Wall Street Journal

India's trade deficit with China jumped 42% to nearly $40 billion in the last fiscal year ended March 31, and was the largest contributor to the country's overall gap between exports and imports.

India's trade woes have become a serious economic threat for the nation. The country's current account deficit—which measures the balance of trade with the world—was 4.5% of gross domestic product in the quarter that ended March 31, an all-time high. That has contributed to a sharp depreciation in the rupee and has put enormous pressure on India to attract foreign capital.

In the last fiscal year, India's already massive trade deficit to China jumped upwards by 42%. In a SINGLE YEAR.

India is growing at 5% of a small base economy (1.5 trillion).

Whereas even America growing at only 1%... of 15 trillion, is adding more than twice as much to their economy every year as India is.

Firstly India has grown at 6.7% last fiscal in spite of European turmoil, political indecision & many other factors reducing it's growth. India will not record 5% growth at least for next 2 decades as nearly all the economic experts agree that for the next two decades, India will grow for 7% making it still the second fastest growing major economy & may even surpass China in some time.

Secondly Indian economy is currently 1.7 billion & not 1.5 billion i.e. it is still in the top 10 economies & on its path to become a 2 trillion economy.

Thirdly just because of a single year of low growth (though i cannot understand how 6.7 % growth can be said to be low :lol:) the world (media) is writing India off?? The same media was praising India for not getting effected by the 2007-08 global economic crisis, & since than India is constantly growing at 8-9%.

So you want to compare percentages, without any reference to the base size of the economy? OK.

Did you know that Sri Lanka is growing at 8.2%, Bangladesh is growing at 6.7%, and Bhutan is growing at 8.4%?

Forget being the "2nd fastest growing economy in the world", India is not even the 2nd fastest growing economy in South Asia, in percentage terms.

Can't understand ur reasoning??? When it suits (that is to bash India) u to compare India with America (high base but low growth rate) u compare the two. But when it suits u to compare India with Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan etc. (low base but higher growth rate) u do that, dude u are urself making a mockery of ur own posts. Hope u will agree.

To all outsiders who are mocking our economy for now mock us as much as you want since you wont get to do the same after 2014 when narendra modi will become pm

To all outsiders who are mocking our economy for now mock us as much as you want since you wont get to do the same after 2014 when narendra modi will become pm

I still cannot understand how in this troubled times when nations are going bankrupt a 6% growth is considered bad.

Back
Top Bottom